PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official PostGame Thread - 2023 Week 7 - Patriots Win 29-25

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Mac could have had another come from behind Win IF Parker:rolleyes: caught that ball that hit him off the hands against the Raiders. Really thought we were going to win that game in regulation no thanks Parker. So glad he saw dimished snaps on Sunday hope it continues.

I noticed that, too. There are a couple of games where he's played close to half the defensive snaps (like mia, dal, and no) and others where he's barely out there if at all on def.

Mapu's playing time has gone down with more injuries to the DBs. He has seen less work when they put Mills out there on TEs. Though, I think that's a mistake as Mills hasn't done all that great against them.

Watching back some of the plays, the Bills rushed 5 or 6 guys on quite a few critical plays. The OL picked up the blitz extremely well and Mac also had several instances where he could definitely see the pressure but stood in there and got the pass away right on time for a big gain. It was really turning a corner.

The difference between Onwenu and Lowe at right tackle was night and day. Sow also looked good at guard. I feel like maybe Mac seeing the right side picking guys up built up his confidence and stopped him from playing scared, possibly? He certainly was less pressured but you could tell that he was mentally in a much better place, as if he trusted his line far more than he previously did. If the line can play that well again this weekend and if Mac can stay poised then they can absolutely score on Miami, especially with some of the potential injuries there.
IF Mac plays a great game again Sunday: QB is off the menu in 2024 boys. Nice having Jack Jones back he might be able to cover some for Gonzo. Is it me or is that A Jennings becoming a player?? He looks like a late bloomer at the LB position. Need a healthy White and Uche to pick up the slack.

funny how certain posters disappear when Mac has a good game. all starts with the OL. also more douglas/bourne and less parker/juju makes a huge difference.

now need thornton to replace parker.

I will say though the discrepancies between his good games and bad games is pretty big...like massive.

Also FYI Justin Herbert has the same record as Mac Jones this year..

Last edited:
Made the stupid mistake to turn on the radio. Half the callers are spinning yesterday into the Bills just sucked the Patriots did nothing and just were lucky to play the Bills when they sucked.

Yes, the Bills didn't play well yesterday. Part of it was on them. Part of it was on the Patriots.

Either way, people cannot enjoy a win after several weeks of Rod Rust type of football.
I enjoyed the game a lot. I also like that it bugs the tankheads who think the team is going to do better in the draft because they have a worse record. I don't think the draft works that way. Plenty of players make it in the NYFL who were drafted behind players who didn't.

I enjoyed the game a lot. I also like that it bugs the tankheads who think the team is going to do better in the draft because they have a worse record. I don't think the draft works that way. Plenty of players make it in the NYFL who were drafted behind players who didn't.
Yes but you need really substantial draft capital if you plan to land the next Ryan Leaf or Kijana Carter.

funny how certain posters disappear when Mac has a good game. all starts with the OL. also more douglas/bourne and less parker/juju makes a huge difference.

now need thornton to replace parker.

I will say though the discrepancies between his good games and bad games is pretty big...like massive.

Also FYI Justin Herbert has the same record as Mac Jones this year..
It's difficult to get a read on Jones because of the convoluted start to his career, but he doesn't appear to be in Herbert's class. Hopefully this game will get Jones going.

This was a wonderful performance in almost every respect.

Suddenly, the Pats looked like a sophisticated, modern offense that could keep the defense off balance. And the team fought every inch of the way. You can't ask for more -- only it's arrived six weeks late!
As the old saying goes, better late than never. If they could somehow sweep their 3 remaining division games they could actually be in the driver's seat of the AFCE.

Mac could have had another come from behind Win IF Parker:rolleyes: caught that ball that hit him off the hands against the Raiders. Really thought we were going to win that game in regulation no thanks Parker. So glad he saw dimished snaps on Sunday hope it continues.
That was more of a good play by the defender. He pulled Parker's right arm just as the ball arrived, which knocked the ball out of Parker's left hand. If not for that it could have been a one-handed catch.

People forget the Chiefs had the 27th pick in the draft when they got Mahomes. They traded up to 10 to get him, but they had a pick at the end of the first round that year. Obviously Belichick would never make a trade like that, but a new GM might if they have the opportunity to trade up to get a franchise player. And Mahomes slid all the way to 10.

But Russell Wilson was a 2nd rounder and he was either elite or close to elite for a number of years. Lamar Jackson was the 32nd pick in the draft. Kirk Cousins was drafted in the 4th round (a solid starter, not a top 5 QB). Drew Brees was drafted in the second round. Jalen Hurts was a second round pick.

Plus there is absolutely no guarantees that either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye will do anything in the NFL. There are a lot of sure thing QB prospects who end up doing nothing in the NFL. People thought Zach Wilson was a sure thing. Not a generational talent that people thought Trevor Lawrence was going to be, but they thought he was guaranteed to be a good to great QB.

I noticed that, too. There are a couple of games where he's played close to half the defensive snaps (like mia, dal, and no) and others where he's barely out there if at all on def.

Yep; bad pick then, just as bad now. Marty McPoo was NOT what we needed at #76 overall.

Belichick's complaint about the officiating got me thinking...
Belichick has always has issues with Blakeman's crew going back to 2013 in the Panthers game when Gronkowski was mugged at the end and they threw a flag and picked it up... as uncatchable. Yeah, if a guy has him arms around you, you cant catch it..

see video below

'Uncatchable': Ref explains wild MNF ending

Didn't Blakeman officiate one of the Pats' 2014/16/18 victories?

one interesting observation - there is no kraft giving a game ball to BB for the 300th win , something he has done in the past wins for BB.

Maybe he's saving it for when Bill announces his relinquishing of his GM duties to Eliot Wolf at the end of the season.

1698192096287.png
Confirmed…..Mac >> Brock

not to be a hater, but last drive consisted of a big screen pass and a few soft tosses. Yes, Mac got it done, but all simple passes.
Ur not a hater at all.. that's how a functional patriots offense is supposed to work.. it's based of screens, passes intermediate and runs. It suprised all of us that it happened that way!

Maybe he's saving it for when Bill announces his relinquishing of his GM duties to Eliot Wolf at the end of the season.
As great as BB is and has been. He too has an ego.. it hard to see him giving up his GM duties.. if anything I can see him hiring a " consultant " like he did with Lombardi and Reese before.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back