NFL Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let the games begin.

Wow, too bad we don't have any cap space to pick someone like him up.

BTW what a disaster offseason for SF, ************.

As someone put it, a year ago they were considered likely the second-best team in the NFC behind Seattle. Now they might be trying to just get to second-worst.

Wow, too bad we don't have any cap space to pick someone like him up.

BTW what a disaster offseason for SF, ************.

Silver lining for them: they cut Dockett because their d-line is full of young players who are cheap and have a lot of talent and they've been playing up to it. If anything, this is kind of a luxury cut for them. They're cutting Dockett because they don't need him, which is the best reason for a team to cut someone.

Duncan is interesting.
From discussions last year pre-draft: more of a move tight-end, replacing a hole in the Patriots roster, but not a great blocker. Over 1000 yards receiving his final year. Lot of injuries. Bounced around three schools.

Aaron WilsonVerified account‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Louis Nix released by Texans, according to sources. Former third-round draft pick from Notre Dame

I'm shocked by this, he was my pound the table guy last year. When he was healthy he was the closest thing I have seen to Vince Wilfork in college football. Injuries dropped him from a potential top 15 pick to the 3rd round, then he spent last year on IR. So I'm not sure if this is injury or performance related.

I would love to pick him up but I am assuming he has some major issues so its not gonna happen.

He never really fully healed since College, those knees are bad. Nix3 played the last season in ND hurt, and really the reason he fall to 3th round in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back