PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone will definitely put a claim in ahead of us, unfortunately... 6'3 CB, 2nd round pick

upload_2015-9-5_19-34-36.png FieldYates
Source: the Saints waived CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, a 2014 second-round pick.
2015-09-05, 7:32 PM

Aren't the Saints in desperate need for a CB? This shouldn't be a good sign for the player.

When you have already been docked two 2nd round picks for Bountygate, missing when you actually get to use a 2nd isn't the best way to recover.

I'm sure Pherein can fill us in on this cut.

The Saints waived former second rounder Stanley Jean-Baptiste is he worth bringing in for a look.

Sounds like the Saints got a real good look at Stanley Jean-Baptiste in training camp and didn't like what they saw. Also Delvin Breaux emerged.

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm 34s35 seconds ago
So for #Colts DL on the 53-man roster, I have: Anderson, Henry Langford, Kendall Okine, Earl Parry, David I miss anyone?

He did miss one in Zach Kerr.

But that's two rookies, two UDFAs from 2014 and Langford. I like Kerr, Parry and Anderson but see them more as depth guys rather than starters. That's a pretty weak group.
He missed their best DL in Kerr.

Kam Chancellor is overrated. Hitting people hard every now and then doesn't make you the best at your position.

Seriously. Guy gets beat in coverage just like Chung. His big hits aren't worth the cap headache.

I would send Chandler Jones to them for Kam in an instant. Without even the slightest hesitation.

Kam is easily the best at his position. Jones hasn't impressed me at all since being drafted.

Chandler Jones
For

Kam & Christian Michael

A bit of nostalgia for us draftees (only back to 2014 ). Linebackers Jordan Tripp and Tyler Starr were both waived today.
Jordan Tripp was waived? I would without hesitation be completely all over signing him here.
We currently have Absolute Zero backup LBs with speed. Who the feck is covering RBs & TEs?

Jordan Tripp was waived? I would without hesitation be completely all over signing him here.
We currently have Absolute Zero backup LBs with speed. Who the feck is covering RBs & TEs?
I read where Tripp blew out a knee, or something like that.

SJB is obviously a surprise cut. Didn't realize how old he was though. 25 as a second year player.

I read where Tripp blew out a knee, or something like that.
Just read on Rotoworld that Tripp injured his ankle during the first pre-season game and was on crutches as of August 15th. Haven't been able to find an update, but I'll be keeping an eye out for more info.

The Jesters had a couple of interesting cuts today, including:

WR Shaq Evans, but maybe his shoulder still isn't right
TE (and local dude) Arthur Lynch
OT Charles Brown - possible Swing Tackle
OL Wes Johnson - LT/LG/C backup
ILB Taiwan Jones - legit backup ILB, would've been a better pick than X ****son

Last edited:
Why would they trade their virtual first round draft pick? Has he had problems in NY?

They would be flat out stupid to trade Collins for Kam. First off he was a steal in the draft, and he's just 21 years old. If they were smart they would go after Eric Weddle. Weddle isn't happy in SD (contract) and would be a great player to team up with Collins.

Please please please BB

#Titans have released WR Tre McBride, but would like to re-sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS MANX
This can't be real can it?
I might run around my house jumping in joy if we snagged him up off the waivers just 3 months after the draft.
If i recall correctly, this was our binky right behind Smelter.
Please please Bill, please!!! This kid is a playmaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes