PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still really angry that after sending 1,000 of my best Patsfans.com posts to Bill Belichick he hasn't decided to hire me. His loss!

Hey- Goodell sent letters to all the NFL teams asking for a job....and look at him today.

Your dream could come true too.

Cowboys had three cuts that interest me:

Efe Obada (DE)- The British guy I started a thread about. Elite length and athleticism but very inexperienced.

Ben Malena (RB) - We spent some time with him pre draft in 2014

Ben Gardner (DE) - Stanford DE that put up some fairly crazy numbers at his pro day (sub 7.00 3-cone and a 40" vert at 262lbs).

Efe Obada (DE)- The British guy I started a thread about. Elite length and athleticism but very inexperienced.

Ben Gardner (DE) - Stanford DE that put up some fairly crazy numbers at his pro day (sub 7.00 3-cone and a 40" vert at 262lbs).

With Rufus Johnson, Trey Flowers, Chandler Jones, Rob Ninkovich, Grissom and Sheard, I don't see a DE being brought in unless it's to the practice squad..

With the Pats dumping Gray, I would not be surprised if they brought in a RB.

With Rufus Johnson, Trey Flowers, Chandler Jones, Rob Ninkovich, Grissom and Sheard, I don't see a DE being brought in unless it's to the practice squad..

With the Pats dumping Gray, I would not be surprised if they brought in a RB.

I agree but Obada is a wicked specimen. Longer arm length than Nate Solder, 10 yard split of a fast WR, all at 255lbs. Still, he'll go to the Cowboys PS.

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm 34s35 seconds ago
So for #Colts DL on the 53-man roster, I have: Anderson, Henry Langford, Kendall Okine, Earl Parry, David I miss anyone?

He did miss one in Zach Kerr.

But that's two rookies, two UDFAs from 2014 and Langford. I like Kerr, Parry and Anderson but see them more as depth guys rather than starters. That's a pretty weak group.

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm 34s35 seconds ago
So for #Colts DL on the 53-man roster, I have: Anderson, Henry Langford, Kendall Okine, Earl Parry, David I miss anyone?

He did miss one in Zach Kerr.

But that's two rookies, two UDFAs from 2014 and Langford. I like Kerr, Parry and Anderson but see them more as depth guys rather than starters. That's a pretty weak group.

SHHhhhhh!!!!! Will you.. Can't have them improving.. LOL

SHHhhhhh!!!!! Will you.. Can't have them improving.. LOL

If they had linebackers like ours then I could see them getting away with it, but they're weak there too. Very strange approach to team building. and I speak as someone who loved Zach Kerr and thought the Patriots might draft Parry this year. But it's a very risky approach, albeit not too dissimilar to what we're doing on the interior OL and at CB.

wat is ur opinion on Okoye?

NFL.com still hasn't posted cuts for 8 teams..

A bit of nostalgia for us draftees (only back to 2014 ). Linebackers Jordan Tripp and Tyler Starr were both waived today.

Anybody know what Seattle did with Kam Chancellor who has been holding out?

Anybody know what Seattle did with Kam Chancellor who has been holding out?
Nothing yet.. Rumors are floating around about the Giants being a possible landing site.. Wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins tried to get in on it IF they are indeed trying to trade him..

We'd have to send them Chandler Jones to get him.. And despite the success of Flowers, Johnson, and Grissom, I think it would be a huge mistake..

I would send Chandler Jones to them for Kam in an instant. Without even the slightest hesitation.

Kam is easily the best at his position. Jones hasn't impressed me at all since being drafted.

I would send Chandler Jones to them for Kam in an instant. Without even the slightest hesitation.

Kam is easily the best at his position. Jones hasn't impressed me at all since being drafted.

I can see people being underwhelmed with Jones in comparison to where they envisioned he'd be at this point, but to say he hasn't impressed at all since he was drafted is a bit out there.

We'd have to send them Chandler Jones to get him.. And despite the success of Flowers, Johnson, and Grissom, I think it would be a huge mistake..

Any chance they'd bite on Ninkovich and a 5th?

If they had linebackers like ours then I could see them getting away with it, but they're weak there too. Very strange approach to team building. and I speak as someone who loved Zach Kerr and thought the Patriots might draft Parry this year. But it's a very risky approach, albeit not too dissimilar to what we're doing on the interior OL and at CB.

They are as usual counting on NFL goons, refs, rule changes and new weapon in the arsenal, smear campaign to get to playoffs and get blown out by U.S. Anyways :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore