Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nantz: "I've Never Seen Brady Like This"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by aluminum seats, Jan 19, 2014.

1. aluminum seats

aluminum seats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Silly "he doesn't like us" nonsense aside, I thought this was interesting.

On Francesca's show this morning, Jim Nantz talked about how this would be about the 70th Patriots' game that he and Phil Simms had called since Belichick & Brady took over. Before each game, of course, the broadcasting team meets with the coach and QB for a pre-game conversation.

Nantz said this morning that he has "never" seen Brady as confident as he was on Friday when they spoke. He said that while Manning seemed the same as he always did, not so with Brady.

He went on to say he didn't know exactly what to make of it, but his hunch was that the Pats were going to come out throwing...spread 'em out and throw. (Natural question here: spread out who? Who's left? :) )

Anyway, we'll see. But a "never seen before" comment after 70 games stuck me as noteworthy.

2. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +250 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Interesting. I really need this game to start now. NOW, I TELL YOU!!!!

3. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +632 / 9 / -1

#61 Jersey

Me too. I'm already jacked and pumped for this game.

I'm probably gonna skip testing my blood sugars today. I don't think I want to know what they're running just now. :D

4. Big-T

Big-T Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,219 / 21 / -9

#51 Jersey

The Broncos have a ton of scrubs in the secondary, I'd be surprised if they didn't spread em out.

4 WR + Blount and the no huddle would be a LOT of fun to watch, all those DBs on the field trying to slow down the run game or quick passes from a 3 step drop? Good luck.

5. FourierSeries

FourierSeries Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +426 / 54 / -34

#12 Jersey

We will do to them what we did to the Greatest Show on Turf. I bet the defense is fired up about the predictions that Manning and his weapons will light them up.

6. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 19 / -18

#75 Jersey

Brady's human and has had his ups and downs, though he maintains what most would consider a standard of excellence.

However, I have never seen him as driven and confident as this year. I don't know if it developed with the injuries, with the task of bringing along the young receivers, or was there all along as he sees his career adding on the years.

It's like a combination of he young, chip on the shoulder, QB with the savvy veteran and the goofy teacher and leader who can't get a high five.

7. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +280 / 10 / -3

Omaha. Who cares? Give me some Rita, Rita. Betting she was a hot chick at Michigan. And, gotta love some Linda, Linda, Cougar. TFB ready to roll.

8. edboc

edboc On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Maybe they are planning on to use 5 receiver sets with a mix of Edelman, Amendola, Collie, Thompkins Dobson, Vereen & TE/FB.

9. Ivan

Ivan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 37 / -73

#75 Jersey

It's really strange because logically the smartest thing to do is to run it down their throats and keep Manning on the sidelines as much as possible, but all week long I have had this feeling that Brady is looking at this Denver defense the same way he looked at Pittsburgh's defense in past play-off games, like he is primed to shred them to pieces. I don't think Brady's confidence is misplaced, i think he knows that their offense can dictate the game to the Bronco's and he's going to make it happen.

The Bronco's have a really good offense, but imo the Patriots have the better team and they are going to come out of Denver heading to New york.

10. VrabelJr

VrabelJr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +555 / 17 / -14

Nantz must not have realized from the other 69 times he sat down with Brady that Brady's confidence has nothing to do with his intentions to throw and everything to do with the preparation of the team.

11. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,541 / 20 / -8

#95 Jersey

It's the AFC championship against your main rival..nuff said.

12. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,774 / 9 / -2

#50 Jersey

Hmm. My alternative hunch:

A confident Tom Brady doesn't mean "I'll get to throw the ball a LOT! Yes, ME!!!" A confident Tom Brady means the coaching staff found something to exploit in the Denver defense, and Brady thinks the game plan is brilliant.

(EDIT: VrabelJr, just noticed you're thinking much the same!)

13. PlainOldEd

PlainOldEd Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Fitzy said it best.... "Is it Sunday at 3 yet?!?!"

I'm trying to take the advice of Chandler Jones and not get too pumped too early. I'm watching "How the Universe Works" on the science channel and avoiding all things football (except PatsFans.com) until at least 1 pm. :singing:

14. Dr Pain

Dr Pain Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe he has confidence in Welker?

15. Archeryaddict12

Archeryaddict12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +744 / 30 / -19

#12 Jersey

So far I am not pumped, excited or so far have a knot. Just ready to play the game and win.

16. Froob

Froob Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,017 / 16 / -7

#32 Jersey

This has to be the biggest build up for a game ever. The super bowl isn't going to have as big of hype as this game.

17. aluminum seats

aluminum seats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Well, to clarify, Nantz didn't say "Because I saw X, it means Y." He said at the outset he didn't know what it meant, just that Brady was unlike he had ever seen him before.

Then he said if he had to venture a guess....etc. And right, of course, Brady's all about winning. But I don't think it's unreasonable (or at all negative) for Brady to have a higher degree of confidence in a gameplan that puts more on his shoulders. He's a confident guy. And while he may have great confidence in a run-heavy gameplan, he might feel an even greater level of confidence when the ball's in his hands and he's throwing more (even though he can't be on the receiving end too, as Gisele pointed out awhile back.)

18. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +229 / 3 / -6

#11 Jersey

I wish I could share every ones enthusiasm, but I've been over at the Donkeys' forums, and apparently the Pats don't have a chance. That sux cuz I really wanted to win this game. :(

:rolleyes:

19. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,892 / 10 / -8

Being too hyped up isn't necessarily a good thing. Keep it even and focused.

20. Warren1985

Warren1985 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actually thought this myself leading up to this game. He seems relaxed and assured. They must have a game plan that is sound and he truly believes in!