PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nantz: "I've Never Seen Brady Like This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not into this type of thing too much, but a couple of days ago Jeff Howe tweeted, paraphrased, "The Patriots are very confident and they love the game plan".

So I guess if we lose it won't be due to a lack of confidence ;)

Hmm. My alternative hunch:

A confident Tom Brady doesn't mean "I'll get to throw the ball a LOT! Yes, ME!!!" A confident Tom Brady means the coaching staff found something to exploit in the Denver defense, and Brady thinks the game plan is brilliant.

(EDIT: VrabelJr, just noticed you're thinking much the same!)

I think that's close to it, I think that Brady knows they have looked at what they are facing in every way and believe they have the answers for whatever Denver throws at them and will be able to execute against whatever is thrown at them. Run or throw he believes they will be able to get it done and he will take whatever they give him and make it work.

I'm not into this type of thing too much, but a couple of days ago Jeff Howe tweeted, paraphrased, "The Patriots are very confident and they love the game plan".

Yep, just hope they aren't overconfident.

Loving the game plan is my favorite kind of confidence. It's not about arrogance or "swagger" or even confidence in your own abilities. It's a belief in your TEAM and your coaches, and an understanding of your job and its importance to the whole.

Any given Sunday and all that, but it's a very good sign.

Hmm. My alternative hunch:

A confident Tom Brady doesn't mean "I'll get to throw the ball a LOT! Yes, ME!!!" A confident Tom Brady means the coaching staff found something to exploit in the Denver defense, and Brady thinks the game plan is brilliant.

(EDIT: VrabelJr, just noticed you're thinking much the same!)

And the audible to exploit this weakness is probably going to start with O and end in A.

Loving the game plan is my favorite kind of confidence. It's not about arrogance or "swagger" or even confidence in your own abilities. It's a belief in your TEAM and your coaches, and an understanding of your job and its importance to the whole.

Any given Sunday and all that, but it's a very good sign.

I think that's half of it. The other half being an underdog. Watching Brady 6 again last night you could see the hurt when he kept slipping down the board. He's listened to the critics this week and I bet he is simply chomping at the bit. Should they win it will be the exact same for the SB where they are a certain underdog against SF or SEA.

Here's the tweet :

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe Jan 17
After final locker room session of week, Pats are extremely confident, love their game plan and feel ready to play.

Here's the tweet :

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe Jan 17
After final locker room session of week, Pats are extremely confident, love their game plan and feel ready to play.

Because they're going to tell the media that they think they're screwed and are scared ****less :)

Interesting. I really need this game to start now. NOW, I TELL YOU!!!!

11624716-sporty-female-wiping-sweat-off-her-forehead-against-a-white-background.jpg

It's really strange because logically the smartest thing to do is to run it down their throats and keep Manning on the sidelines as much as possible, but all week long I have had this feeling that Brady is looking at this Denver defense the same way he looked at Pittsburgh's defense in past play-off games, like he is primed to shred them to pieces.

Nothing says there can't be two game plans - gas the Horsie DL with 4-5 wide hurryup in the first half, then mercy-kill their wobbly legs with power running in the second. :rocker:

Omaha. Who cares? Give me some Rita, Rita. Betting she was a hot chick at Michigan. And, gotta love some Linda, Linda, Cougar. TFB ready to roll.
1244775175028_f.jpg

Because they're going to tell the media that they think they're screwed and are scared ****less :)

Sometimes we do hear things about practice not going as well as it should. 2009 against the ravens comes to mind for one. So it's good to not hear anything like that.

I actually thought this myself leading up to this game. He seems relaxed and assured. They must have a game plan that is sound and he truly believes in!

Yeah, how about this:

Line up 4 wide and watch Blount steamroll their dime Defense

Me too. I'm already jacked and pumped for this game.

I'm probably gonna skip testing my blood sugars today. I don't think I want to know what they're running just now. :D

Umm, just don't end up in a coma OK :eek:

This could be as much about psy-ops as anything. If it works, good for them. :)

On local Denver CBS, Nantz basically said that Manning is business as usual and for a game like this, you can't be someone you're not in order to win. I think he's just trying to encourage local fans.

I remember hearing similar things about the game in Baltimore; happy with practice, confidence, loving the gameplan, etc

I'd LOVE that outcome

After 13 years of playing against the guy, Brady knows how to psych out his friend Manning. I think that's what he was probably doing...letting him know that he is a confident and relaxed underdog and that the pressure is all on Peyton's side of the ball.

Smart lad, our Tommy.

He's also looked much less burnt out compared to the last 2 year's playoff runs. Tom said the team had a good 2 days of preparation on Friday, that's always a good sign. Bill on the other hand....seemed pretty ******* cranky, but I've given up on trying to read him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back