PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nantz: "I've Never Seen Brady Like This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went on to say he didn't know exactly what to make of it, but his hunch was that the Pats were going to come out throwing...spread 'em out and throw. ..

I've always gotten the impression that the TV crew for these games have privileged access in the week before the game. Not just the interviews, but don't they get to sit through practices? Also, don't coaches often debrief them on things they're working on, things to look out for? Obviously the TV folks are obligated to use the info with discretion. Just a sense I've gotten and I'm wondering if anyone knows how this works.

1244775175028_f.jpg

The fact that this contains a lovely Rita and a Linda, Linda who is a cougar is magnificent.

Brady needs to score at least one touchdown today :rolleyes:

Nantz never saw Brady ****ting his drawers I guess ... he's horrible today.

this thread is funny now...he has yet another horrible afc champ game

0 TDs this postseason.....yeah

He is what he's always been: a very accurate passer within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and down the seams. He struggles with touch passes, which is why you rarely see them throw fades, and he has always, always struggled with the deep ball, at least when Moss is not out there to bail out his poor throws.

Problem is, in the playoffs teams play aggressively and take away the short stuff .You have to be able to make them respect the deep part of the field. When Gronk is around, he accomplishes that by threatening the seam. When he's not, there is no threat and defenses can just sit on the short stuff. Seems pretty obvious but I always get jumped on for making this point.

He threw a TD. I'm a huge Manning fan, but the truth is, replace him with Brady, and chances are, Brady goes to the superbowl. It came down to weapons. With a complete team, with Hernandez and Gronkowski, this is probably a nailbiter. While Brady had some bad throws this game, he was never gonna win it by on his abilities alone. Other than Edelman, he didn't have anybody above average to throw to.

Nantz was openly rooting for the Broncos starting with his first words. I could care less about anything he says.

Had a TD pass and a rushing TD. He played pretty good today. And his numbers weren't bad. But the d couldn't help and the offense was depleted without gronk.

They'll be back at it next postseason. Another round of Brady vs. Manning is what the NFL ratings love to see.

Brady played... alright. I guess. He missed two big throws but that didn't decide the game.

We all knew what needed to happen to win this game.
-We needed to run the ball and control the clock
-We needed to create a turnover or two on defense
-We needed Brady to have a big game

None of that happened. We just got outplayed by a superior team.

Now pray to God Papa Johns doesn't win the Super Bowl.

I would say Brady had more than just "two bad plays".

The sack he took on 4th down was different from other sacks he's taken. He gave up on that one too easily and basically fell on the floor. That's what it looked like to me at least.

The Edelman over throw in the 1st Qtr and the plays before halftime weren't very great either, but hey.

But during the 2nd half, I don't know, I feel as if Brady and the offense let some drives get away from them.

He wasn't bad, but he could have played way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back