PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP: One voter preferred Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Curran said he wanted to vote for Brady but let others talk him out of it. While Forehead obviously was offensive player of the year, a great case can be made for Brady as MVP.

Brady may have carried his team, but he carried his team to a worse record than Manning’s team, and did so while throwing for 1,134 fewer yards than Manning, and 30 fewer touchdowns than Manning. Miller is entitled to his opinion, but his opinion is wrong.

Au contraire, Mr Writer. This is not a math equation like 1+1=2. It's his opinion. An opinion can't be wrong. It's simply what he thinks. There's no equation that says who is the MVP, it's simply ones opinion! Learn to respect other people's opinions you freaking ******...:rolleyes:

More from Miller on his vote:

I just feel what Tom Brady did this year was pretty amazing. I thought he carried his team. The defense wasn’t up to snuff. They had offensive line issues as well. You have two rookie receivers. [Danny] Amendola was signed to be their big-time receiver and he ends up not really being a factor; it was [Julian] Edelman, who up to that point had been more of a reserve special-teamer. They had fumble issues at the running back position. So I thought for New England to be in the AFC Championship Game – they had no business being in it. But they were there because of the play of [No.] 12. I thought he carried that team.

And Reiss:

I first met Miller in 2004 when he was a backup for the Patriots, and from my experience interviewing him that year and since that time, the last thing he’d do is turn his vote into any type of “look-at-me” situation. Those who listen to him on Sirius also know he analyzes the game at the highest level.

Brady is the better QB, but Manning deserved the MVP this year

When you think about what Manning accomplished it sure seems like it should have been a unanimous lock for PM.

if you really thought about taking the concept seriously and you threw, say Sanchez onto either team Patriots or Broncos, which team do you think would have lost more games (from the 13 for Manning and 12 for Brady). That could be a reasonable definition of more valuable (well for QBs).

in that light, the vote can be different, but I would have voted for Manning after the season he just had. regardless of what weapons he was surrounded with. It wasn't his issue that he was giving that group and you can even applaud him as he chose Denver as his destination (good decision on his part).

Perhaps Jim Miller was a little biased?

Now that you mention it he did say that, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why is Curran asking Brady his opinion on this? :confused: I wonder Curran he talked to Manning as well.

Curran has always said he gets feedback from players, coaches, and scouts whose opinions he values to validate his own thoughts when voting for league wide things like MVP, All-pro, etc.

Turns out it was indeed a great vote after such an abysmal Super Bowl performance.

When you think about what Manning accomplished it sure seems like it should have been a unanimous lock for PM.

if you really thought about taking the concept seriously and you threw, say Sanchez onto either team Patriots or Broncos, which team do you think would have lost more games (from the 13 for Manning and 12 for Brady). That could be a reasonable definition of more valuable (well for QBs).

in that light, the vote can be different, but I would have voted for Manning after the season he just had. regardless of what weapons he was surrounded with. It wasn't his issue that he was giving that group and you can even applaud him as he chose Denver as his destination (good decision on his part).

I'm just happy Brady is still the only unanimous MVP. ;)

Au contraire, Mr Writer. This is not a math equation like 1+1=2. It's his opinion. An opinion can't be wrong. It's simply what he thinks. There's no equation that says who is the MVP, it's simply ones opinion! Learn to respect other people's opinions you freaking ******...:rolleyes:

That's generally true, but there are exceptions. Opinions that the JEST don't suck, for example.

Right on Libra. I'm sure tonight it's seeing a lot fewer clicks and flames of outrage after his epic Superbowl... "performance."

People love to get all super technical about the meaning of the MVP award when Peyton outplays Tom like he did this year.

Look you give me 100 chances to draft a team and I'm drafting Tom Brady over Peyton every single time but we know exactly what the MVP award is and Tom got it in 2007 despite playing with a stacked offensive deck which is usually the calling card for Manning.

The award isn't for the MVP otherwise the best player on a ****ty team like MJD for the Jags would get it. It's about the biggest, gaudiest season 99 times out of 100. If Brady threw for 103984 TDs this year and Jim Sorgi voted for Manning we would have all been tearing our scrotums off in protest.

It was Manning's year. Honestly - I wish they had gone undefeated until tonight . It would have made 2007 all the more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3