MVP: One voter preferred Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
One MVP voter says Brady was more valuable than Peyton | ProFootballTalk

...the AP gave one of the 50 votes to former Steelers and Bears quarterback Jim Miller, who now works for SiriusXM NFL Radio, and Miller preferred Tom Brady.

“It pains me because Peyton had such a historic season,” Miller told the Post. “He is the offensive player of the year, no question. But having played the position, when I looked at who had the most value to his team, I thought Tom Brady carried that team the same way Adrian Peterson carried Minnesota last year.”

Cue the dismissive snark from PFT:

Brady may have carried his team, but he carried his team to a worse record than Manning’s team, and did so while throwing for 1,134 fewer yards than Manning, and 30 fewer touchdowns than Manning. Miller is entitled to his opinion, but his opinion is wrong.

Personally I don't think you could really vote against Manning this year. But good to see at least one voter cared to look beyond the stats, even if PFT doesn't.

Brady may have carried his team, but he carried his team to a worse record than Manning’s team, and did so while throwing for 1,134 fewer yards than Manning, and 30 fewer touchdowns than Manning. Miller is entitled to his opinion, but his opinion is wrong.

And if you swapped the skill position players for both teams it would have been tilted a lot worse towards Brady.

One MVP voter says Brady was more valuable than Peyton | ProFootballTalk

Cue the dismissive snark from PFT:

Personally I don't think you could really vote against Manning this year. But good to see at least one voter cared to look beyond the stats, even if PFT doesn't.
Same old story though, Peyton surrounded by and all star cast while Brady is struck with, well not much. Even with what Brady had to work with the pats came with in one game of having the same record as the broncos and getting overall home field advantage. So PFT is full of ****. That being said i don't think Brady gives a rats ass at this point in his career

Florio's response is why calling it the MVP award is such a joke. The player with the best stats usually win it, not the guy who meant the most to the success of their team.

They should rename the award to "Player of the Year". Because the true MVP rarely wins the award because they carry a team without talent into the playoffs. Many years, like this year, the winner has a stacked team on offense (because defensive players never win the award) that helps get him ungodly stats.

His opinion may be slightly tainted, for obvious reasons.....

Attachments

• jim-miller.jpg
    jim-miller.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 173
Jim Miller of Sirius Radio, one might have thought it was someone like Tom Curran or other local scribe..

You're the butthurt one bro, hate to break it to you

Gronk is gonna be the comeback player of the year next year with 24 Tds and a SB ring with us :D

Florio's response is why calling it the MVP award is such a joke. The player with the best stats usually win it, not the guy who meant the most to the success of their team.

They should rename the award to "Player of the Year". Because the true MVP rarely wins the award because they carry a team without talent into the playoffs. Many years, like this year, the winner has a stacked team on offense (because defensive players never win the award) that helps get him ungodly stats.

They should just rename it to Quarterback And Occasionally Running Back of the Year.

And Manning deserved to win Quarterback And Occasionally Running Back of the Year, for what it's worth.

Manning did deserve to win. But I am glad that it was not unanimous.

I have always wondered how MVP would look the voters voted like baseball does with 100 place votes. I think the one vote one person ballot leads to stupid fans being hurt bevause one voter thinks someone was more valuable.

The backlash is even worst than i imagined. I can't believe so many people are angry,throwing stone at Jim Miller (hoping he dies in a fire:eek:) just because Manning didn't get one extra vote. They just had to put Manning won "but it wasn't unanimous" to create a stir. I applaud Jim Miller for having his own mind.

So what if Brady remains the only unanimous mvp that has ever existed:cool:.

Don't recall this much of a national outrage when Brett Favre got 1 vote in 2007.

My response to the people complaining that he didn't get all 50 votes:

Tough *****, he still got 49 votes and won.

The thing I've found most funny this week is the number of articles saying win or lose Manning's legacy is cemented. The apologists are covering their bases and preparing for the worst.

But he backed up Brady in 04 so it doesn't count.

Brady sucks, Peyton is the king, if Welker drops the game icer this time it is his fault as his current QB is unable to throw bad passes.

The thing I've found most funny this week is the number of articles saying win or lose Manning's legacy is cemented. The apologists are covering their bases and preparing for the worst.

Legacy, yes. GOAT discussions, however: put on hold. Which is the #1 reason why today, and maybe today only, I'm a rabid Seahawks fan.

I live in a house divided though. My wife is the "Manning is a nice guy and deserves it" camp. I've told her she might need to set up "camp" in the backyard if her attitude doesn't change before kickoff. Am I being too harsh? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back