PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lynch: Belichick to be fined $500k, Pats to be docked 2 "high picks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that the $500 is for BB personally, as that is over the top. As for the draft pick, I can't see it being a 1st.

The important thing is the statement that Goodell issues with it. He has to say that he is convinced that the patriots have never "cheated" in the past.

If it means that we can move beyond this mess, I'll galdly forfeit those picks.

Re: Channel 5 Reporting

official or not guys,

this is not the end....the end will be to shut down all the 31 hater-teams in the league and and their players like HINES F.... U WARD.

they r trying to steal our draft advantage next year and that was my thinking today... " the rich is getting richer" blah blah blah.

give the opponent teams a NICE (very nice) welcome and kick them out of foxboro.

justice or not......nobody is asking about the last Phins game (0-21) and the solution of our shutout. NOBODY.

Guys, whatever descision will come, take it PRIDE and remember the PATRIOTS and their FANS r stronger and much smarter than the others.

greets and good luck against L.T.

Pat Riot

PFT hasn't reported anything, yet ... has NFLN had anything?

After the way those guys have been reporting lately, do you seriously want to take anything they say as fact? When the Commissioner releases his OFFICIAL statement that's what I'll believe.

While I trust Channel 5, there has been to much misinformation reported on this event already.

If it means that we can move beyond this mess, I'll galdly forfeit those picks.

You'll gladly give up a 1st and a 3rd? That would just be an INSANE punishment and if they did that I would like to see Kraft and Belichick declare war.

Re: Channel 5 Reporting

Yeah, but that's an automaker.

According to this, Belichick personally just got fined $500,000. For violating the camera rule. That's f****** absurd.
Yeah, but don't be surprised if BB gets an $800K bonus this year...$300K will go to taxes, leaving him $500K for whatever expenditures come to light. :snob:

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I always thought the snob icon looked like a guy whistling.

Not sure of the changes, but the article says it was updated at 6:13, 6:19, and 6:23.

Are they still trying to get it straight?

If this is true, Kraft should give BB an immediate $500,000 raise. And Myra should give him a foot massage.

Last edited:
NEST just said King and Banks are saying BB could be suspended 2 or 3 games.

You'll gladly give up a 1st and a 3rd? That would just be an INSANE punishment and if they did that I would like to see Kraft and Belichick declare war.

Who do the picks go to? Or do they just skip the Patriots and whoever is next on the draft chart gets to pick?

This is a punishment that really isn't going to effect Belichick much which is the odd part. I've been convinced for a while that this will be has last season.

Absolutely. "Insane punishment" is an understatement.

I say appeal, it can't get any worse, plus it'll give the impression that it was a mistake. If he gladly accepts, it'll make it seem like he's guilty as charged and glad to be out of the mess.

I can't believe some of you are treating a 1st round draft pick nonchalantly. I'll be f'ing PISSED if they take one of them for this. A 2nd rounder and some late/2nd day pick is tolerable, but everyone here should be outraged if a first is taken.

I can't believe some of you are treating a 1st round draft pick nonchalantly. I'll be f'ing PISSED if they take one of them for this. A 2nd rounder and some late/2nd day pick is tolerable, but everyone here should be outraged if a first is taken.

i agree. plus the players union might have something to say about it as well

I can't imagine that the $500 is for BB personally, as that is over the top. As for the draft pick, I can't see it being a 1st.

The important thing is the statement that Goodell issues with it. He has to say that he is convinced that the patriots have never "cheated" in the past.

+1. He has to say the rule was implemented this year.

It's kind of hard to be outraged without knowing the facts.

I assume we're going to get more detail tomorrow. I hope at least. Obviously, if the punishment is what's being reported, we're probably going to learn some things tomorrow we don't already know.

I say appeal, it can't get any worse, plus it'll give the impression that it was a mistake. If he gladly accepts, it'll make it seem like he's guilty as charged and glad to be out of the mess.
===================================
I think they will appeal, but that will just drag out this mess longer.

This is a hell of a fine, Goodell must have the goods on BB and the Pats to levy such a large fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST