PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lynch: Belichick to be fined $500k, Pats to be docked 2 "high picks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Channel 5 Reporting

If this is the true punishment I think most of the influence comes from the POS coaches and players who said oh yeah the Patriots cheated against us blazay blah.
Time to sit Assante down a few snaps so we can trade him for something decent next season to make some of the picks back.

Think about if Bruschi, Harrison, Seau, retire, Samuel, Moss, Stallworth, Washington leave that's some holes that those picks would really help heal.

I guess this is what is meant by league PARITY.

What crap.

Listen, we know the new commish doesn't F around. Belichick doesn't know this? You do the crime be ready to feel his wrath.

Goodell is doing a good job in my opinion. Don't F with him.............

This doesn't sound official. It sounds like rehashed speculation.

Anyone else with any credible sources?

If it is a first I wonder which one it will be---our own or the one from S.F.

I want it not to be true, but this is a bit too specific for my tastes. I don't think, the way this story has played out, that they'd put themselves out there without a pretty good source to run with. My strong suspicion is that when confirmation happens, this is going to be pretty close. Too specific.

Last edited:

what is terribly specific about it could be as high as a 1st and 3rd?

If that's the penalty that's completely ridiculous & an injust bullsh*t decision.

I cannot believe the NFL is ruining this franchise & a great head coach with this nonsense. This is unbelievable. Anyone who has a problem with the Patriots stealing signs has either never played the game or is that naive to think every team is playing fair & by the book. Every team knows this happens & every team is fully aware of what they have to do to counter these things. I cannot believe this nonsense. Completely, utterly ridiculous nonsense that this has happened to the Patriots.

I want it not to be true, but this is a bit too specific for my tastes.

They'll be fined $100,000 and 2 fillings out of Belichick's teeth. That sounds specific, doesn't it?

Look, Channel 5 GOT IT WRONG earlier in the week, when they reported that Belichick had been summoned to NFL League HQ in new york and that he had gone.

I can believe the fine, but like I said earlier, and like all the talking heads have said, a first round pick would never happen. Upshaw would get involved. They also can only take our picks, not the SF or Oakland Third Round choices.

What could happen is that the league takes the equivalent of a first round choice, like a second and a third, or a third this year and a second next year, etc.

What is the process after the ruling, can the Patriots appeal?

I'm just predicting. It's just my opinion. I'm not Nostradamus, and I'm not wishing to be correct. I just think that once channel 5 throws those numbers out there, they are too specific not to be darned close to what's going to happen. They don't make stuff up, and they've already been premature once.

It's fine if you want to tell me I'm "wrong." It's just a feeling. We'll know soon enough. But I fully expect that this is ultimatley what's going to happen.

This one really hurts I was looking forward to any defensive back and Linebacker we wanted available to us in this draft looks like that's not happening.

If you were in charge and made a decision that you knew was going to be highly anticipated, would you make that decision and sit on it for a day while others know what it is?

The decision should be communicated to the team as soon as it is made and not be allowed to leak out. For that reason I am skeptical about this report once again.

PFT hasn't reported anything, yet ... has NFLN had anything?

Listen, we know the new commish doesn't F around. Belichick doesn't know this? You do the crime be ready to feel his wrath.

Goodell is doing a good job in my opinion. Don't F with him.............

That is fine (goodell doing a good job) as long as he is prepared to field CONTINUOUS objections to "cheating" throughout the league. If I were Kraft, I would hire a team of inspectors to be present at all games, and monitor anyone that uses binoculars or audio equipment.......and call security when anyone is caught jumping signals. All these f@#ks want to play?.....start beating down the legacy of the Pats?.........start digging up anything questionable as to why they lost A F'IN game against us?......OK, now be ready for an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. That fat sh## Man-Gina better watch his bloated back!!!

Anyways.......

I doubt you will see a 1st rounder taken away.....that is not a penalty that fits this crime.....if they do take a #1 from us it is pretty clear that they are trying to weaken the Patriots.......and that is malicious.........I think a 2nd or 3rd rounder NOT BOTH and a hefty fine would send a message to the Pats and would appease that angry mob that is calling for BB's head.......What a sad pathetic world this has become when our media can make something this simple......an overblown witch hunt!

I'll still wait for the official word from Goodell.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News