PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lynch: Belichick to be fined $500k, Pats to be docked 2 "high picks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Kraft and Co approach BB with this may be critical on if we retain him for the future where I wish that Kraft and company take care of the fine for BB that would be a huge huge gesture and one I think would have BB's loyalties with the Patriots for a long long time.
On a side note everyone is blaming Mangini alone what about Brian Daboll?
He was very upset when BB wouldn't promote him to a qb coach to help his resume so he fled to Mangina.
Maybe he had something to do with the whole thing since he was an offensive assistant and if the smallest chance existed we recorded to help the offense he would know about it.
Either way if we lost a 1st round pick hell even a second I said it in multiple posts it will definitely hurt us in the future.

NEST just said King and Banks are saying BB could be suspended 2 or 3 games.

I think that would be disgraceful, to take away the team's head coach for two of the season's biggest games against conference opponents would be absolutely ridiculous. Yes the team may know the system well or whatever, but that would absolutely have a negative impact. Has a head coach ever been suspended before does nayone know?

I'm stinking to my prediction....

500K fine (check)

a 2008 2nd round pick and either a 4th or 5th but no suspension. that's what I think it will be and this report hardly says it's going to be a first and third, just that it could be as high as...

===================================
I think they will appeal, but that will just drag out this mess longer.

This is a hell of a fine, Goodell must have the goods on BB and the Pats to levy such a large fine.

Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't, but he is definately going to make an example of them. So, I'm not surprised if the fine is high.

Can the $500,000 even be right?

I mean, that's twice what the NFL fined Ray Lewis for pleading guilty to obstructing justice in a murder investigation.

Re: Channel 5 Reporting

I recall a poster on the board saying they could not take a 1st round draft pick away cause it would upset the rookie pay scale guess that is wrong.
I'm fine with the 3rd but a 1st as well GD MANGINI!
He really screwed the Patriots here that lil weasel I hope the worst for him but not his family just him.
That was me and if this story's true then I'm obviously 100% wrong, we'll see.

Last edited:
NEST just said King and Banks are saying BB could be suspended 2 or 3 games.

In addition to the Channel 5 penalty? In place of? What the hell's going on here?

This whole mess is a ******* joke. Though I suppose it's appropriate that the league and media's handling of the situation is just as ******ed as BB having a dope on the sideline with a camera. Seems equitable on the Stupidity Scale.

If this is true the Pats should appeal and release all the dirt they have on everyone else to the public. You want to play hardball, Roger? You got it!

HAHAHAHAHA....thats a good one from NEST......big smile

They got it from the SI article by Don Banks and Peter King thats up on their page that says

" According to a source, the league will definitely take a first-day draft pick away from the Patriots, perhaps a first-round selection, the most valuable annual commodity any team owns in terms of replenishing its roster.

In addition, Goodell is seriously considering a multiple-game suspension for Belichick, which would bar him from attending New England's games or practices, and force him to stay way from the Patriots' team complex in Foxboro, Mass., for the duration of the suspension. In addition, Belichick would forfeit any paychecks he was due while the suspension was in effect."

In addition to the Channel 5 penalty? In place of? What the hell's going on here?

What's going on hereis ****erson adn Tanguay are a little too high off that Greg Oden injury news today. Drank too much Kool-Aid. :rolleyes:

I think nobody really knows. Maybe Goodell let the team know the punishment tonight, and that's how it leaked to lynch.

A 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder? Fine.

A first rounder would mess things up and not just for us.

EXACTLY. As I said earlier, wait for an "OFFICIAL" Statement from Goodell. There has been to much lousy reporting going on this week, and I don't trust any of it.

The fine to Belichick is huge. I expected closer to $200K. I'm also very surprised at a 1st. I would have expected a 2nd or 3rd in the 2008 and 2009 drafts.

I'm stinking to my prediction....

500K fine (check)

a 2008 2nd round pick and either a 4th or 5th but no suspension. that's what I think it will be and this report hardly says it's going to be a first and third, just that it could be as high as...

They got it from the SI article by Don Banks and Peter King thats up on their page that says

" According to a source, the league will definitely take a first-day draft pick away from the Patriots, perhaps a first-round selection, the most valuable annual commodity any team owns in terms of replenishing its roster.

In addition, Goodell is seriously considering a multiple-game suspension for Belichick, which would bar him from attending New England's games or practices, and force him to stay way from the Patriots' team complex in Foxboro, Mass., for the duration of the suspension. In addition, Belichick would forfeit any paychecks he was due while the suspension was in effect."

There goes that "Illustrious source" again. :rolleyes:

I think the league's got it in for the Patriots. Mangini delivered the impetus, now Goodell will deliver parity.

if it's any consolation many of the lads on the Jets board are not very happy

What's going on is that someone, who has already been wrong on this story, had his source, who once again was wrong at least once before, slip him some information. The reporter than "broke" the story, with no way to double check his information. This was quickly followed by another reporter, who didn't want to be left out, reporting what he was told by a less credible informant.

Could this be right, sure, could it be wrong, sure. Add to that the fact that its all tempered by it could be as high as, and an inside source tells me, and it all is just a way for a reporter to get his moment in the sun, with no penalty Whatsoever for being incorrect.

I have no idea at all why the league would leak something like this out before they make an official statement. It doesn't make any sense, which leads me back to not putting too much faith in this reporter.

This is getting ridicoulus .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes