PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi on the Pats defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad I don't live in New England so I don't have to listen to the negative talk radio. But then again, that's what talk radio mostly is.:p

And at top volume, no matter what the subject is. AFAIC, for the most part, Talk Radio is for masochists.

Mike Lombardi is spot on. This defense is going to be the best defense in the NFL! In fact, their defense is so good, their 3rd stringers would be starters for any other team in the NFL.

Yet another example of you bringing nothing to the table only to rabble rouse because you are obviously a miserable person. Lombardi never said that the defense was going to be the best in the NFL. He said this defense has youth, talent, and inexperience. Once the young players get experience, Lombardi feels the Pats defense will be a GOOD defense the second half of the year. He didn't say great. He didn't say the best. Not exactly predicting this team is going to morph into the 1985 Bears.

I take Lombardi's prediction with a grain of salt because of his relationship with Belichick, but I value his opinion far more than yours. He actually backed up his opinion with evidence while you just throw out baseless vile.

You are quickly turning into a Patriots troll the level of NEM and maverick4. I may actually looking forward to you suffering the same fate they did on this board.

Last edited:
I will take it one step further I dont even think they will have a shaky start. They will get better, and stronger, as the season progresses, but it wont be from a shaky start. I think they will be fine right from the getgo. Things like that DO happen.

You may very well be right. After all, we have a WEALTH of young Talent on that side of the ball. If only we had the greatest Defensive mind of modern times around to exploit their strengths and protect their ~ current ~ weaknesses...

Oh.

Wait.

We DO. :eek:

I unlike many of the radio commentators and mediots feel fairly good about the defense. Preseason is not anything like the regular season, it is a time to see what people can and cannot do, see certain plays in action and to evaluate talent.

Once the regular season begins, the greatest asset on our defense will come into play. Belichick will begin scheming. The one thing that we have heard over and over when players talk about a Belichick defense is how he always knows exactly what the offense will do.

The defense will be prepared and be in the right spot at the right time to make plays.

I am excited to see this year, excited for the young and talented players and cannot wait for the season to begin. The mediots will not dampen my spirits with their 8-8 talk or 9-7 talk. I will watch every game like the team is 0-0 and enjoy that game because this is fotball and I love football.

Golden-Globes-Win-Landa-Bingo-2010.gif

LOVE that guy!! EXQUISITELY Evil!! :rocker:

Same here!

1 I think we should evaluate the ILB as a group. If Spikes turns out to be an upgrade from Guyton, our ILB will easily get an HUGE year.

2 The schedule also make it possible.

Yes! Once the D Line forms up ~ I'm hoping Deaderick + Brace have it battened down by ThanksGiving or so ~ and the OLB scene solidifies ~ I think Ninkovich is gonna be surprisingly solid, and that Cunningham should finish strong ~ I suspect that Spikes + Mayo will finish the year in a flourish.

Mike Florio, from PFT, was on 98.5 last night and was pretty positive about the Pats. Though he was cautious about their defense - he didn't say they'd stink, he felt the Pats D should be average or slightly better and he too felt they'd improve as the year went on. He thinks offense should be very, very good, if not great.
Florio felt the division was really a fight between Miami and the Pats.

BTW, he had a number of unflattering things to say about Jet QB, Mark Sanchez. Florio is also concerned that Fatasarous Rex's open insistence they are going to the championship could overwhelm the team with undue pressure, especially Sanchez.

Mike Florio, from PFT, was on 98.5 last night and was pretty positive about the Pats. Though he was cautious about their defense - he didn't say they'd stink, he felt the Pats D should be average or slightly better and he too felt they'd improve as the year went on. He thinks offense should be very, very good, if not great.
Florio felt the division was really a fight between Miami and the Pats.

BTW, he had a number of unflattering things to say about Jet QB, Mark Sanchez. Florio is also concerned that Fatasarous Rex's open insistence they are going to the championship could overwhelm the team with undue pressure, especially Sanchez.

Yet, he has the Jets 6th and the Pats 8th on his power poll today eventhough he had the Pats winning the division and the Jets missing the playoffs in his preseason pub. I heard him say a few weeks ago, that he has revised his prediction for the Dolphins to win the division (ranked 12th on his power poll) with the Pats getting the wild card. Florio is all over the place.

I guess in fairness to him, the power poll is based on where he thinks they are now in reference to the season and not where they will be at the end of the season.

PFT's Week Zero Power Rankings | ProFootballTalk.com

Last edited:
Yet, he has the Jets 6th and the Pats 8th on his power poll today eventhough he had the Pats winning the division and the Jets missing the playoffs in his preseason pub. I heard him say a few weeks ago, that he has revised his prediction for the Dolphins to win the division (ranked 12th on his power poll) with the Pats getting the wild card. Florio is all over the place.

I guess in fairness to him, the power poll is based on where he thinks they are now in reference to the season and not where they will be at the end of the season.

PFT's Week Zero Power Rankings | ProFootballTalk.com
Florio is in an idiot in general and really has beef with the Jets for reasons unbeknownst to me.

The Pats defense is a huge question mark. Even bigger than the Jets offense since we at least can run the ball well. The Pats D doesn't have huge potential but i think it will be stouter against the run with the addition of Spikes and the emergence of Brace who I liked during the draft. Still they have a lot of question marks even moreso now than before given the injuries to the CBs.

Florio is in an idiot in general and really has beef with the Jets for reasons unbeknownst to me.

The Pats defense is a huge question mark. Even bigger than the Jets offense since we at least can run the ball well. The Pats D doesn't have huge potential but i think it will be stouter against the run with the addition of Spikes and the emergence of Brace who I liked during the draft. Still they have a lot of question marks even moreso now than before given the injuries to the CBs.

Hey, next time you find yourself not worrying about the Patriots and manage to make your way to whatever Jet message board you lurk on, ask them if they can send a better troll than yourself.

Why do you know you can run the ball? Correction. I am sure you can run the ball, but how do you know the Jets can run the ball nearly as well as they did last year? They might go from the best running game to an above average running game or average running game and that is a big drop off. I still think the Jets have questions on the o-line that hasn't played well as an unit yet and whether Greene can carry the load consistently.

Even bigger than the Jets offense since we at least can run the ball well.

Where is the proof of this? The Jest RB and part of the OL are new, so we can wait and see.

Hey, next time you find yourself not worrying about the Patriots and manage to make your way to whatever Jet message board you lurk on, ask them if they can send a better troll than yourself.

I'm sorry I am simply discussing your defense and, as so often occurs on this site, your rival in the division. I am not trolling, though I do occasionally get in a fun cheap shot at your team's expense.

As to those who actually are discussing football. I agree that the Jets running game will not put up the numbers they did last year. I hope it's because the passing game improves and not because of the failures of the O-line. The reason why I am confident is because MOST of the o-line is back and IMO they have the top center in Mangold and a top guard in Brandon Moore. The reason why it is less of a question mark than say the Pats ability to stop the run is that most of the components of last year's number 1 rushing attack are still present while the if the Pats are a force against the run then it is something new. Not saying it won't happen but the chances are higher for the Jets to be a great rushing team than for the Pats to be great against the run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes