PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick
Ian Logue
Tuesday saw quite the showdown between 98.5 The Sports Hub's Michael Felger and former Belichick staffer and NFL GM Michael Lombardi, with the two battling it out over the narrative surrounding Belichick, who the team parted ways with this past offseason.

The post Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Say what you want about Felger I don’t care, Lombardi is just such a shameless toady ************.

I thought that was a good sports argument where both sides made some good points. Thanks for transcribing/paraphrasing that whole thing.

Say what you want about Felger I don’t care, Lombardi is just such a shameless toady ************.
Then I guess that makes it that you are an anti-BB zealot.

how is this being a toady?
Massarotti then asked Lombardi what happened at the end and why it collapsed.

“I think a lot of it was some poor decisions,” said Lombardi. “I think the quarterbacking, they should have brought competition in. I think the staffing was an issue.

who the heck is he talking about that made those decisions…hmmm?

you want to claim Mr ‘the cap is crap’ moron Felger makes more sense w/ ‘scoreboard, scoreboar, scoreboard’ than Lonbardi does with his extensive examples across nfl history: iggles-Ried, Houston-moon, Cleveland-Testaverde And even going into examples in other sports

All I can say is:

‘The hate is strong in this one….,’

happy star wars GIF

Bedard was pushing back on Felger today.
Basically saying you are not in the building Mike (clueless).
Personally the same people saying Belichick only cares about catching Shula.
Are the same ones pushing the Belichick was angry and spiteful and left Mac in to lose.

Sorry but Felger absolutely kicked his ass, not that it was difficult. Most of what Felger said was common sense. That’s not to say he was entirely right but overall. Great segment though.

Sorry but Felger absolutely kicked his ass, not that it was difficult. Most of what Felger said was common sense. That’s not to say he was entirely right but overall. Great segment though.
Lombardi to me became a blowhard at some point ...
I mean who has/had anything good to say about his commentary?

lol, no.

Lombardi brought the goods, and when Felger couldn't respond logically with rational thought, he changed the direction of the conversation.

Felger is a one trick pony. Finds a point, keeps harping on it til its dead.

As Lombardi said... "Lazy..."

Felger ranks right up there with John Tomase as far as I am concerned.

lol, no.

Lombardi brought the goods, and when Felger couldn't respond logically with rational thought, he changed the direction of the conversation.

Felger is a one trick pony. Finds a point, keeps harping on it til its dead.

As Lombardi said... "Lazy..."

Felger ranks right up there with John Tomase as far as I am concerned.
What about what Lombardi’s arguments were true? He ignored the record without Brady. Tried to claim Bill always has good relationships with everyone. Blames Mac Jones 100% and puts no blame on Belichick.

Whatever you think of Felger. you seriously thought Lombardi came off well? He’s a man protecting his buddy and ignoring the facts.

Not saying Felger is completely right. I don’t think Bill sucks or anything. He’s a legendary coach but by and large he was correct about things ended.

Lombardi literally didn’t make any argument he just went “SIX SUPERBOWLS WHAT DID ANDY REID WIN WITHOUT MAHOMES IT WAS ALL MAC JONES”

like a ***** because he’s Belichick’s *****.

What about what Lombardi’s arguments were true? He ignored the record without Brady. Tried to claim Bill always has good relationships with everyone. Blames Mac Jones 100% and puts no blame on Belichick.

Whatever you think of Felger. you seriously thought Lombardi came off well? He’s a man protecting his buddy and ignoring the facts.

Not saying Felger is completely right. I don’t think Bill sucks or anything. He’s a legendary coach but by and large he was correct about things ended.

Lombardi has Bill’s hand so far up his ass.

Whatever you think of Felger. you seriously thought Lombardi came off well? He’s a shill.

I heard plenty of blame heading Belichicks way. Did he go over the cleveland years? And why the turn around there was aborted? Yes - head on. Did he state that the staffing was bad in that few years? Yes he did. Lombardi said BB would have to answer those questions about what happened. Did he bring up missing on the QB? yes he did...

What did felger have to say about any of that besides screech out the same talking points hes spewed since 2019. When he couldn't answer Lombardi, he changed subjects. Felger isn't a shill for his own talking points? Yeesh... Come on Kdo

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back