PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty and other injuries update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The schedule helps a bit. With the Titans game this weekend, the Patriots can afford to rest injured players with confidence, and then watch what happens to Denver & Cincinnati. If the bye is sewn up after 15 games, they can further afford to rest injured players in the final game, and then rest everyone in the bye.

If McCourty has a high ankle sprain, I'm guessing he will be available to play in a few weeks but likely won't be 100% until next year. Those things take forever to fully heal and sometimes require surgery after the season. That being said, I think he could still play the position very well even without top speed.

I have a feeling (more like a wish) that all these injuries (non season-ending) will be back for the playoffs, and we go undefeated in the post season with 100% health all the way to the Lombardi.

I have a feeling (more like a wish) that all these injuries (non season-ending) will be back for the playoffs, and we go undefeated in the post season with 100% health all the way to the Lombardi.
Well that's the idea, right? I think the thing everyone has held onto is the fact that with all the injuries, only a couple of these guys have been IR'd. (Granted, Lewis and Solder are pretty key guys.)

But absolutely...get this team at full strength for the playoffs? You bet.

The schedule helps a bit. With the Titans game this weekend, the Patriots can afford to rest injured players with confidence, and then watch what happens to Denver & Cincinnati. If the bye is sewn up after 15 games, they can further afford to rest injured players in the final game, and then rest everyone in the bye.

If the discussion is centered around not playing key players so they have more time to rest and avoid an unnessary injury during a useless game, I think that is a good approach.

DEN and CIN should lose at least one more game. (DEN v Pitt and Cincy @ DEN)

I think if the Pats drop 1 of their next 3, they would still be front-runners for the #1 seed.

Last edited:
Well that's the idea, right? I think the thing everyone has held onto is the fact that with all the injuries, only a couple of these guys have been IR'd. (Granted, Lewis and Solder are pretty key guys.)

But absolutely...get this team at full strength for the playoffs? You bet.

Beyond getting them back, my wish has more to do with the fact that we have been decimated with injuries all season long, just to have the whole squad REMAIN healthy in the post season.

If McCourty has a high ankle sprain, I'm guessing he will be available to play in a few weeks but likely won't be 100% until next year. Those things take forever to fully heal and sometimes require surgery after the season. That being said, I think he could still play the position very well even without top speed.

The thing that sucks though is it's that top end speed that makes him special to the D. He covers a lot of ground, which is necessary when the team plays as much single high safety as it has the past two seasons. I think Harmon can play well if asked to play that role, but he's certainly no DMc.

Have we heard any news about whether McCourty has a high ankle sprain or a regular ankle sprain? I heard a rumor it was a regular sprain (which would be great news) but haven't seen it anywhere.

Have we heard any news about whether McCourty has a high ankle sprain or a regular ankle sprain? I heard a rumor it was a regular sprain (which would be great news) but haven't seen it anywhere.
High ankle sprain.
Patriots' Devin McCourty: Will likely miss time with high ankle sprain - CBSSports.com
Like with Edelman, they hope to have him back for playoffs. But recovery times from these injuries are usually longer so I would not expect either to be 100%. Gotta be better than Gronk hobbling through the Superbowl.

****, Easley to IR. That's a tough one, he was looking really good on Sunday.

Easley : shows flashes with great plays. Can't make it through a full season...

Blount headed to IR according to Jerry Thornton, WEEI

they signed Monte Ball ...pretty obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick