PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on Gillette Stadium's renovations and improvements

"Additional features including self-pouring beer kiosks"

Sounds like trouble....

unimpressed james bond GIF

How is that remotely a good idea?

Looks fantastic. I'm not one for stadium frills, I never thinks it's justified to dump a 25 yr old stadium because yours doesn't have the latest entertainment. So adding on is a good move.

"We wanted something big. Once you start designing it, the curved radius, and you start doing the math -- we were right there to be the largest outdoor video board in North America," said Jim Nolan, chief operating officer of Kraft Sports + Entertainment. "So, we said, 'let's make sure it is.'

"We have this large blank canvas now to provide more content for our fans."

C'mon, Jim, we're all adults, you can come right out and say it, your big blank canvas is there because it produces revenue from ads.

You aren't doing :poop: "for the fans", you're doing it "for the money".

Big yawn. Wake me up when they make improvements that actually may contribute to their chances of winning on Sundays. The only thing I have heard so far in that regard is renovation of the weight room. I could give AF about “fan experience”, especially when the renovations benefit the functional alcoholics and, especially, the club seaters.

Big yawn. Wake me up when they make improvements that actually may contribute to their chances of winning on Sundays. The only thing I have heard so far in that regard is renovation of the weight room. I could give AF about “fan experience”, especially when the renovations benefit the functional alcoholics and, especially, the club seaters.
Definitely curious to see if closing in on that end of the field changes the noise factor this season. That's been an issue for a long time that people here have mentioned, so it'll be great if it adds to the home-field advantage side of things.

"Additional features including self-pouring beer kiosks"

Sounds like trouble....

Yea they would need to have some sort of monitoring over that I would think to avoid liability, otherwise how do they cut someone off, etc?

Im sure it would definitely help reduce lines/wait times for a beer, but may also increase their liability

Definitely curious to see if closing in on that end of the field changes the noise factor this season. That's been an issue for a long time that people here have mentioned, so it'll be great if it adds to the home-field advantage side of things.
I was wondering the same thing. The 12th man factor is actually a factor.

I could give AF about “fan experience”, especially when the renovations benefit the functional alcoholics and, especially, the club seaters.
300 level is getting a pretty major improvement too. By closing off the open end they are creating better access points and fans can cross the stadiums on both ends now.

I think we can count on physics to keep working, so it will be louder. The other thing is they need to take away everyone's phone so they actually watch the game instead of sending Tic-Toks to show off that they are at the game.

Closing in the end of the stadium should help with noise. That was the biggest design flaw of Gillette. If I recall correctly I think they originally designed it to have an open concourse feel like Camden Yards and other ball parks back when that was all the rage. Modeling a football stadium to a baseball stadium was a HUGE fail.

C'mon, Jim, we're all adults, you can come right out and say it, your big blank canvas is there because it produces revenue from ads.

You aren't doing :poop: "for the fans", you're doing it "for the money".
I tend to agree with you.
I usually go to one or two games a year. One thing that drives me crazy is, after the game sitting in the parking lot for close to an hour just to get to route one.
When you go to park, before the game, there are literally dozens of park attendants telling you where to go. After the game? Not one. No attempt at crowd control or traffic control. Everyone is on their own.
Do you want to enhance the fans experience on game day? Start here.

what was a better "fan" experience, watching the Pats go 6-2 at home and win 2 playoff games in 1996 and go 6-2 at home and win one of the most historic playoff games in history in 2001 in a dump of a stadium, a glorified high school stadium....or watching the Pats go 4-4 and miss the playoffs in cushy Gillette Stadium?

unimpressed james bond GIF

How is that remotely a good idea?
There ha$ to be $ome rea$on or rea$on$ why the Pat$ would $ell $o much beer to the fan$.

What I still don't get is WHY they need "the world's biggest stadium video screen." To me, it will be more annoying distraction than game day enhancement.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back