PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on Gillette Stadium's renovations and improvements

what was a better "fan" experience, watching the Pats go 6-2 at home and win 2 playoff games in 1996 and go 6-2 at home and win one of the most historic playoff games in history in 2001 in a dump of a stadium, a glorified high school stadium....or watching the Pats go 4-4 and miss the playoffs in cushy Gillette Stadium?
I think you might want to thank a few thousand Pats fans and my youngest son and I for that game. We went to the last Pats game of the year in 2001 at Charlotte and did the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets! chant along with a few thousand Pats fans so NJ could beat the Raiduhs and give us one more game at the old place. It worked like a charm.

There ha$ to be $ome rea$on or rea$on$ why the Pat$ would $ell $o much beer to the fan$.
The whole self serve thing is what gets me. I am sure you're not just walking up and getting beer, but still.

Definitely curious to see if closing in on that end of the field changes the noise factor this season. That's been an issue for a long time that people here have mentioned, so it'll be great if it adds to the home-field advantage side of things.
Not sure it is going to add any meaningful crowd noise because that one corner is now closed, especially given that Bob and John Boy removed 10 rows in the corner of that end zone for that ridiculous field level bar.

Even if it is a little bit louder, it may still end up being a net negative, because they lose the wind currents at that end of the field, which likely have adversely affected opposing kickers more than the Patriots kickers over the years.

Not sure it is going to add any meaningful crowd noise because that one corner is now closed, especially given that Bob and John Boy removed 10 rows in the corner of that end zone for that ridiculous field level bar.

Even if it is a little bit louder, it may still end up being a net negative, because they lose the wind currents at that end of the field, which likely have adversely affected opposing kickers more than the Patriots kickers over the years.
I think that in the past when those moments happened we made more than enough noise. I think the Ravens comeback game with the Edelman pass is probably the loudest I remember it. And I'm sure it would have been a little louder with a closed in end. How much would it really be noticable probably not much. The real key to the noise level at that stadium is getting back to the big moments and getting big time play again.

What I still don't get is WHY they need "the world's biggest stadium video screen." To me, it will be more annoying distraction than game day enhancement.
Sooner or later you'll get used to the fact that our only purpose on Earth is to be the target of corporate branding exercises.

What I still don't get is WHY they need "the world's biggest stadium video screen." To me, it will be more annoying distraction than game day enhancement.
With only 10-12 minutes of live football action and 65,000 cell phone addicted patrons with 7 second attention spans, our 32 overlords + one overpaid sock puppet have determined that mega-screens will best capture their target audiences' attention as they are carpet bombed with 100's of marketing ploys disguised as "game day enhancement".

Season 18 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

Sooner or later you'll get used to the fact that our only purpose on Earth is to be the target of corporate branding exercises.
With only 10-12 minutes of live football action and 65,000 cell phone addicted patrons with 7 second attention spans, our 32 overlords + one overpaid sock puppet have determined that mega-screens will best capture their target audiences' attention as they are carpet bombed with 100's of marketing ploys disguised as "game day enhancement".

Season 18 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons
i

I am guilty as charged of being an old-school fan.

Someone could probably figure out how much will actually be used based on aspect ratio. If I'm guessing adds on right and left with the middle being split between out of town scores/fantasy updates and the actual replay video area.

Ideally they would use more space maybe to show multiple angles. But clearly it's way wider than tall for the full board to be the right aspect.

"Additional features including self-pouring beer kiosks"

Sounds like trouble....

unimpressed james bond GIF

How is that remotely a good idea?

Maybe some crowd noise will finally emerge from the place at the appropriate times...

I think it's a terrific idea.

**** the trust-funders, the politicos, tax-write-offs, women & children.

This is a man's game, played by men; this ain't no ****ing Sunday drive in the country for wine & brie with the family ********.

Last edited:
Maybe some crowd noise will finally emerge from the place at the appropriate times...

**** the trust-funders, tax-write-offs, women & children.

This is a man's game, played by men; this ain't no ****ing Sunday drive in the country for wine & brie with the family ********.
Well, you're at least true to form. ;)

Self serve beer. Even you have to admit that's a chit show waiting to happen.

Well, you're at least true to form. ;)

Self serve beer. Even you have to admit that's a chit show waiting to happen.
Went to a Colorado Rockies game last year, they had self serve beer. Saved my $3 from the concession stand.

**** the trust-funders, the politicos, tax-write-offs, women & children.

Someone should tell that to the Jets. From what I'm hearing the Jets have complained that they don't want to show players being cut on Hard Knocks and that request is being honored. Maybe they should changed the name of the show while they're at it.

I think that in the past when those moments happened we made more than enough noise. I think the Ravens comeback game with the Edelman pass is probably the loudest I remember it. And I'm sure it would have been a little louder with a closed in end. How much would it really be noticable probably not much. The real key to the noise level at that stadium is getting back to the big moments and getting big time play again.
I agree, in my 35 years with tickets that was probably the loudest I’ve heard it in Foxboro.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back