PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on Gillette Stadium's renovations and improvements

what was a better "fan" experience, watching the Pats go 6-2 at home and win 2 playoff games in 1996 and go 6-2 at home and win one of the most historic playoff games in history in 2001 in a dump of a stadium, a glorified high school stadium....or watching the Pats go 4-4 and miss the playoffs in cushy Gillette Stadium?
I’ve been to some great play-off games at Gillette stadium, almost every year they were in the play-offs.

There ha$ to be $ome rea$on or rea$on$ why the Pat$ would $ell $o much beer to the fan$.
Do you think that anyone sells anything for other reasons? Are you one of those people that think money is a bad thing?

They better build more bathrooms with all that beer sold. I had to fight a full bladder and a long line at halftime at a Thursday night game against the Phins in 2016. Full on teeth clinching and white fists. Either that or let loose in my pants. I felt like a Spartan learning true bladder control.

Death (or misery) before dishonor.

Now I don’t drink alcohol at games.

Curiously, women can go in their facilities without a wait at the Foxboro stadium. Usually it is the other way around. I wonder why that is.

Do you think that anyone sells anything for other reasons? Are you one of those people that think money is a bad thing?
I like money. Is that bad too?

It was actually meant as sarcastic and why I used the dollar signs.

Selling high quantities of beer to fans may be considered a negative.

I like money. Is that bad too?

It was actually meant as sarcastic and why I used the dollar signs.

Selling high quantities of beer to fans may be considered a negative.
You blame the vendor if someone can’t control their drinking?

What I still don't get is WHY they need "the world's biggest stadium video screen." To me, it will be more annoying distraction than game day enhancement.
I don’t go to many games in person, but when I have gone, the biggest complaint is that I can’t see well enough to tell what’s happening. I prefer the tv experience because I can see the action better. I’d like a screen like this to bring what I like about the tv experience to the game.

They better build more bathrooms with all that beer sold. I had to fight a full bladder and a long line at halftime at a Thursday night game against the Phins in 2016. Full on teeth clinching and white fists. Either that or let loose in my pants. I felt like a Spartan learning true bladder control.

Curiously, women can go in their facilities without a wait at the Foxboro stadium. Usually it is the other way around. I wonder why that is.
When Gillette first opened there were more mens rooms than ladies rooms, then after a few years someone complained that there were more mens rooms than ladies rooms, so Kraft caved and made it a 50-50 split for bathrooms, I would guess the attendance at the games is 70% males.

When Gillette first opened there were more mens rooms than ladies rooms, then after a few years someone complained that there were more mens rooms than ladies rooms, so Kraft caved and made it a 50-50 split for bathrooms, I would guess the attendance at the games is 70% males.

Bring back the horse troughs, where There's Always Room for One More!

I missed Dion Lewis’ kickoff return TD against the Texans because I needed (badly) to beat the halftime restroom lines. Could tell by the crowd noise what was happening, but some things can’t be rushed.

We all knew this was coming...
IMHO you can't really practice in spring/summer for what the wind patterns will be in November/December. Right now they're in the shallow end of the pool.

Even if it is a little bit louder, it may still end up being a net negative, because they lose the wind currents at that end of the field, which likely have adversely affected opposing kickers more than the Patriots kickers over the years.
This poster is brilliant. We should all hope to reason at this level. ;)

How soon will the “fake noise cheating” accusations be made?

How about some reporting about improvements to the “worst facilities” that was raised as an issue in the media a few months back, some of us are curious to know if that was addressed.

This week's "All Access" is an 18 minute infomercial for the upgrades.

They talked about how great the huge new scoreboard is, but never mentioned how its main purpose is for the Krafts to make more money from ads. Just watching the program, when they show the "scoreboard" you often see 2/3rds of the "scoreboard" loaded with non-football contents, either ads for the NFL's products, or the Patriot's products, or for corporations. So far I've spotted Boston Scientific, Dunkins, BoA, Putnam, the usual suspects. Pretty much all the rest of things they call "fan experience" improvements are there to make more money for the Krafts.

This week's "All Access" is an 18 minute infomercial for the upgrades.

They talked about how great the huge new scoreboard is, but never mentioned how its main purpose is for the Krafts to make more money from ads. Just watching the program, when they show the "scoreboard" you often see 2/3rds of the "scoreboard" loaded with non-football contents, either ads for the NFL's products, or the Patriot's products, or for corporations. So far I've spotted Boston Scientific, Dunkins, BoA, Putnam, the usual suspects. Pretty much all the rest of things they call "fan experience" improvements are there to make more money for the Krafts.

This is part of the deal Channel 4 gets for their access.

Would be nice to have a proper number of bathrooms in the upper deck. 30 minutes to take a leak

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back