PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney had a Broken Bone in Shoulder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this sarcasm, or are you actually brain damaged?

He's supposed to sew cartilage in his ribs and weld bones together and play?

Whatever you're on, you might consider shutting the computer off before you further embarrass yourself.

Don't worry - Besides his bones,ribs and groin Maroney will have another body part to get injured and miss all or most of 2009 as usual - 3 years
and 3 injuries and counting.

What professors like you fail to understand is the fact that I am NOT blaming Maroney for his injuries, of course he does not want to get hurt,Injuries are part of the game - BUT ...
If its an annual thing and you simply cannot stay healthy and are injury prone in a sport that is very physical than maybe you are better off finding another occupation - There have been MANY athletes over the years who were college stars but withered in the NFL dues to much more intensity and physical presence that the pro game brings,their bodies simply cannot sustain.

Maroney, like Chad Jackson were stars in College but look to be duds in the NFL

But why would logic work here with fans who drown in the Kool-Aid? - I should know better :rolleyes:

I don't eally see where PA is wrong.

He's not saying injuries aren't an excuse, he's just saying Maroney is made of glass.

Consider in 3 seasons, every season has been almost either cut in half or ended due to injuries. How on earth can you say that's NOT injury prone? I don't have anything against Maroney, really I wish the guy well. But I just know something will happen, because the last 3 years have shown me that.

Am I wrong to say that?

EDIT - unlike PA though, I wont bash Bill for taking Maroney, he was the best fit at the time for our offense, isn't that what drafting is all about? Finding the BPA that fits your system, ecspecially when your main RB at the time was on the down slide? It just hasn't worked out.

Yeah, you are. He played in 14 games his rookie season, and 13 the following year. While one and done downhill Dillon tapped out every other snap making it doubly difficult to run gameplans to the strengths of the dual back system. You people can't even do simple math. We used to just know Faulk would fumble the rock at the worst possible time. Until he stopped doing that. Just like Asante couldn't INT a ball if it hit him in the hands. Until he INT'd his way to a contract we couldn't afford.

Maroney carried this team down the stretch and into the playoffs in 2007 when it's vaunted passing game sputtered in the cold and snow. Not his fault he didn't get called on to do the same in the Superbowl, but that was obviously not their intent even before Neal went down and Faulk got dinged up.

Some guys can play well hurt. Others attempt to only to get eviscerated in the process. Basically there are no winners here unless the team wins it all every year to soothe the fragile psyche of it's frontrunner fanbase.

There are almost as many player haters within this fan base these days as there are franchise haters outside of it. Why the former act so bothered by the existence of the latter eludes me. They're both little more than embittered, delusional peas in a pod.

would you like to let us know who bb should have taken in '09, and should take in '10, or do you confine your predictions to what happened 3 years ago?

Maroney was the choice and Addai and Jones-Drew and White were the others - Jones Drew was the best of that bunch ... by far

3 Years is what you base on when it comes to draft picks - Usually you give 3 years and then evaluate - 3 years is up and Jones-Drew has made the best NFL player of any of the 1st rounders ... Including Bush who is superb catching out of the backfield but dissapointing so far as a RB - He has been injured too

BB did not have the best draft in 2006 - Probably the worst draft since he has been here,fortunately the previous drafts worked out pretty well to keep this team competitive yearly.

Last edited:
Don't worry - Besides his bones,ribs and groin Maroney will have another body part to get injured and miss all or most of 2009 as usual - 3 years
and 3 injuries and counting.

What professors like you fail to understand is the fact that I am NOT blaming Maroney for his injuries, of course he does not want to get hurt,Injuries are part of the game - BUT ...
If its an annual thing and you simply cannot stay healthy and are injury prone in a sport that is very physical than maybe you are better off finding another occupation - There have been MANY athletes over the years who were college stars but withered in the NFL dues to much more intensity and physical presence that the pro game brings,their bodies simply cannot sustain.

Maroney, like Chad Jackson were stars in College but look to be duds in the NFL

But why would logic work here with fans who drown in the Kool-Aid? - I should know better :rolleyes:

Maroney's yards per average belies any comparison to Chad Jackson.

I hate to indict out of town fans, because some of them are clearly long time fans with a solid basis of knowledge about this team, but others are clearly bandwagon jumpers who after coming late to the superbowl party can't tolerate much in the way of recent disappointment...

Maroney's yards per average belies any comparison to Chad Jackson.

I hate to indict out of town fans, because some of them are clearly long time fans with a solid basis of knowledge about this team, but others are clearly bandwagon jumpers who after coming late to the superbowl party can't tolerate much in the way of recent disappointment...

If your response is basing it on me than don't ever confuse me with being a Bandwagon fan buddy,I have been a Pats fan long before you did dirty in your diapers and have spent more on Pats merchandise than you could ever dream of.

I spent those 1-15 years proudly as a Pats fan in a heavy Eagles and Steelers area here and never took focus off the team in those years of embarrassment and dissaray - If you were a Pats fan during the Lisa Olsen incident and Kiam and you stayed one afterwards then you were a Pats fan for life

I feel as a devout fan that you give compliments AND criticism,even if your criticism does not mean anything to the teams FO

Anyone who thinks their team is perfect needs to kick themselves in the ass - because its not,the Patriots are not a perfect team and every player on this team is not exactly exempt from being a dissapointment and IMO Maroney is a dissapointment at this time,He could still change it around and become an asset, but his unfortunate injuries may never let that happen.

Like I said,his injuries are not because he wanted them to happen but he seems to be injury prone and that usually means a short career in the NFL

If a player is dissapointing and not really helping the team then I will feel free to express my opinion no matter how worthless it may mean to BB and Kraft who could care less what ANY of us think about any player - We do have to accept them because they are on this team but we don't have to think they are a great player,kool-aid drinkers look at it differently.

I don't hate Maroney and don't think he is a bad guy as a person,I just don't think he will hold up to the violence this game can bring to his body and don't think the Pats would lose a single step if he were not here next season.

Last edited:
Maroney was the choice and Addai and Jones-Drew and White were the others - Jones Drew was the best of that bunch ... by far

3 Years is what you base on when it comes to draft picks - Usually you give 3 years and then evaluate - 3 years is up and Jones-Drew has made the best NFL player of any of the 1st rounders ... Including Bush who is superb catching out of the backfield but dissapointing so far as a RB - He has been injured too

BB did not have the best draft in 2006 - Probably the worst draft since he has been here,fortunately the previous drafts worked out pretty well to keep this team competitive yearly.

did you not understand what I asked you?

I have been a Pats fan long before you did dirty in your diapers and have spent more on Pats merchandise than you could ever dream of.

I spent those 1-15 years proudly as a Pats fan in a heavy Eagles and Steelers area here and never took focus off the team in dissaray.

Sounds tough. I'm surprised you didn't break any bones or have any cartilage torn from your ribs.

Oh, what am I saying, you rooted through them!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jones Drew is all of 5'7" and his averages are trending downward already. He also fumbled 6 times last season, almost Faulk like given he played a similar role in Jacksonville. We shall see how he does now that Taylor is gone. Just as we will see how Maroney does with health (including in an off season) and solid pounders to rotate with, or at least those of us who don't wish him ill will.

sounds tough. I'm surprised you didn't break any bones or have any cartilage torn from your ribs.

Oh, what am i saying, you rooted through them!:rolleyes:

lol........

Sounds tough. I'm surprised you didn't break any bones or have any cartilage torn from your ribs.

Oh, what am I saying, you rooted through them!:rolleyes:

I am glad that you feel that most of these players on this roster are going to or should be in the HOF or at least have nothing wrong with them as professional athletes :rolleyes:

Do you have the balls to speak of a player on this team that you are not so crazy about and think he is not so good to be a Patriot? - I doubt you would,after all you would not want to be 'negative'.

Jones Drew is all of 5'7" and his averages are trending downward already. He also fumbled 6 times last season, almost Faulk like given he played a similar role in Jacksonville. We shall see how he does now that Taylor is gone. Just as we will see how Maroney does with health (including in an off season) and solid pounders to rotate with, or at least those of us who don't wish him ill will.

Sometimes arrogance gets in the way of competent thinking - Who wants ill will to a member of this team in here?

What you fail to understand is I am EXPECTING Maroney to be injured again this season,I AM NOT saying I want him to and I do hope that he will stay healthy and finally contribute to the team,but I guess the difference between the two is too difficult for you to understand?

Jones-Drew had more yards, more receptions & more rushing touchdowns in 2008 than he did in 2007,While he has not been as explosive as he was in 07,he certainly did not decline much overall. - Taylor gone will hurt but he is still a solid player at this stage.

Last edited:
I think there is an art to staying healthy at the running back position, some learn it some don't. For those whom don't learn how to stay healthy, luck or more so being unlucky becomes the issue. LM has certainly had his share of bad luck with injuries. Hopefully that will change. During his first year here allot was made about the mentoring he recieved from CD. In hindsight I don't think punishing defenders with stiff arms and lowering the shoulder are halmarks LM's game, yet Dillon's. I hope he finds a style better suited to his game and keeping him on the field. And even if he does, at that position injuries can find you if you don't learn how to keep them away.

I think there is an art to staying healthy at the running back position, some learn it some don't. For those whom don't learn how to stay healthy, luck or more so being unlucky becomes the issue. LM has certainly had his share of bad luck with injuries. Hopefully that will change. During his first year here allot was made about the mentoring he recieved from CD. In hindsight I don't think punishing defenders with stiff arms and lowering the shoulder are halmarks LM's game, yet Dillon's. I hope he finds a style better suited to his game and keeping him on the field. And even if he does, at that position injuries can find you if you don't learn how to keep them away.

Kindly list the 20+ starting running backs in the NFL who did not get injured over the course of the past 2 seasons.

Sometimes arrogance gets in the way of competent thinking - Who wants ill will to a member of this team in here?

What you fail to understand is I am EXPECTING Maroney to be injured again this season,I AM NOT saying I want him to and I do hope that he will stay healthy and finally contribute to the team,but I guess the difference between the two is too difficult for you to understand?

Jones-Drew had more yards, more receptions & more rushing touchdowns in 2008 than he did in 2007,While he has not been as explosive as he was in 07,he certainly did not decline much overall. - Taylor gone will hurt but he is still a solid player at this stage.

You should expect every running back to get injured pretty much every season. You should also stop pretending this isn't personal with you and Maroney, since we've gone over this before.

Do you have the balls to speak of a player on this team that you are not so crazy about and think he is not so good to be a Patriot?

Yeah it takes balls to post on a messageboard.

As opposed to playing running back in the NFL with broken bones.

Do you even read what you write? Pathetically funny.

Last edited:
Yeah it takes balls to post on a messageboard.

As opposed to playing running back in the NFL with broken bones.

Do you even read what you write? Pathetically funny.

Balls would be calling these players out to their faces. That I would like to see.

So you're saying that there are RBs who don't get injured? Name some. Actually, name a bunch, since apparently Maroney is the anomaly here.

Balls would be calling these players out to their faces. That I would like to see.

You going to pay their hospital bills afterward? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore