PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney had a Broken Bone in Shoulder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You going to pay their hospital bills afterward? :D

There won't be any. Since Maroney's made of glass, they should be totally confident that they could drop him in one punch anyways.

Balls would be calling these players out to their faces. That I would like to see.

Ha, don't you know Maroney, Dillon and Seymour are wimps? Wittle babies can't play with some broken bones.

So you're saying that there are RBs who don't get injured? Name some. Actually, name a bunch, since apparently Maroney is the anomaly here.

It's an art. I remember the great Bronco Van Gogh from the old days.

I think there is an art to staying healthy at the running back position, some learn it some don't.

Unfortunately, there'll be no teeth left to enjoy the free box of steaks.:D

Don't need teeth when you have a food processor or blender- steak smoothies! :D

Don't worry - Besides his bones,ribs and groin Maroney will have another body part to get injured and miss all or most of 2009 as usual - 3 years
and 3 injuries and counting.

What professors like you fail to understand is the fact that I am NOT blaming Maroney for his injuries, of course he does not want to get hurt,Injuries are part of the game - BUT ...
If its an annual thing and you simply cannot stay healthy and are injury prone in a sport that is very physical than maybe you are better off finding another occupation - There have been MANY athletes over the years who were college stars but withered in the NFL dues to much more intensity and physical presence that the pro game brings,their bodies simply cannot sustain.

Maroney, like Chad Jackson were stars in College but look to be duds in the NFL

But why would logic work here with fans who drown in the Kool-Aid? - I should know better :rolleyes:

Logic is awesome- the problem for you is that you aren't actually using any. For starters, there's little to comparison between Jackson and Maroney. Different levels of production when healthy, different skill sets, different injuries, different severity of injury and different positions. The second someone like you draws a comparison between them, I know that I'm dealing with someone who is operating on what could be generously described as a surface, shallow level of analysis.

If you want to go back and check it out for yourself, you'll find that I had absolutely no problem with how the Pats handled the Jackson situation. By all accounts he ripped his knee up pretty badly, and that injury robbed him of much of the athleticism that had set him apart before. That's the kind of injury that completely resets the bar on what someone's potential is.

It's also ridiculous/ignorant/absurd/stupid to suggest that someone like Maroney might be better off in a different line of work. What other profession is going to pay him 7 figures per year for the next 5-10 years, with at least one major signing bonus thrown in for good measure? Yep, with "logic" like that, it's no wonder that nobody takes you seriously, sport ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, you are. He played in 14 games his rookie season, and 13 the following year. While one and done downhill Dillon tapped out every other snap making it doubly difficult to run gameplans to the strengths of the dual back system. You people can't even do simple math. We used to just know Faulk would fumble the rock at the worst possible time. Until he stopped doing that. Just like Asante couldn't INT a ball if it hit him in the hands. Until he INT'd his way to a contract we couldn't afford.

Maroney carried this team down the stretch and into the playoffs in 2007 when it's vaunted passing game sputtered in the cold and snow. Not his fault he didn't get called on to do the same in the Superbowl, but that was obviously not their intent even before Neal went down and Faulk got dinged up.

Some guys can play well hurt. Others attempt to only to get eviscerated in the process. Basically there are no winners here unless the team wins it all every year to soothe the fragile psyche of it's frontrunner fanbase.

There are almost as many player haters within this fan base these days as there are franchise haters outside of it. Why the former act so bothered by the existence of the latter eludes me. They're both little more than embittered, delusional peas in a pod.

Is it too early to name this post of the year? As much as I like Patsfans, I gotta admit that I enjoyed being a Pats fan more back when I didn't listen to or deal with any of this frontrunner crap. Football players get hurt, and running backs get hurt probably more than anyone else. It happens; get over it. This is exactly why we carry 4-5 of them.

Finally, one last point that I've made many times but have never gotten a response from: Is Sammy Morris injury prone? Should the Pats be thinking seriously about cutting him? Because, since he joined the Pats in 2007, he and Maroney have missed the exact same number of games. Yet one is a fan favorite and you all crap all over the other one for being 'injury prone'. It's ridiculous and the fans that do it look stupid and hypocritical for it.

Last edited:
Just a couple of comments....

I would love to see Maroney live up to his potential but I am not going to be holding my breath. There has always been excuses made for this guy....the shoulder is a solid one though and no problems with the results from that. However, I know what I have seen from him throughout his time here except for a very short period of time when he did live up to his potential. I am not impressed. There are some here who will always give him the benefit of the doubt and drool over his 1 or 2 big games each year. I am not of that group. Give me Sammy Morris over Maroney every single Sunday when the Pats need a decisive, North/South runner.

We changed our OL blocking scheme to make things easier for this guy....still waiting for the results of that exercise to help Maroney show his skills. :rolleyes:

As for Fred Taylor leading him to the promised land, I wouldn't count on that but would hope so. Taylor has always been hurt a lot in his career, but Fred always ran hard when healthy.

As for Maroney.....regardless of anything I read on this board.....I will let my own eyes tell me how "great" he is running the ball. IMHO his calling is following JT onto "Dancing with the Stars" until Maroney shows me otherwise...not anybody in here telling me otherwise.

Good luck with the injury LM....I sincerely hope its all better and you play great this year since the Pats did invest a first rounder and a lot of cash in you. I also am anxious to see what excuses are going to be made for you if it doesn't work out this year. As sure as night follows day.........

ding ding ding ....finally a realistic post.....The "ducking out of bounds to avoid the hit" now somewhat makes sense.....however, this does not explain his problems hitting the hole quickly and not dancing at the line of scrimmage for the majority of his NFL career. I watched alot of his games in Minn...and he was a great college RB with an incredible second gear......we will know THIS YEAR if he is going to be a success here....or a bust.

Now someone mentioned McDaniels doing well coaching Maroney in the past in the same sentence with his ability to catch passes out of the backfield. In my opinion, this was one of McD's WEAKNESSES in playcalling.

Yes, LoMo is PHENOMENAL once he gets in the open with some room between him and the D.....and THAT is where I think his strengths lie......Maybe the next Kevin Faulk? We NEED to throw more screens in the flat, or set up RB dump offs after selling the pass.....to really develop this kid.....He will NOT IMHO, be an every down, hit the hole quick RB........but could be successful when utilized correctly......But, here's to hoping he proves me and many others wrong.....I wish nothing but the best for this kid.....GO LOMO.....and GO PATS!

Maroney's yards per average belies any comparison to Chad Jackson.

Is that so? Maroney's 4.4 YPC clearly differentiates him from Chad Jackson? How's this for a fact, Chad Jackson averaged over his career 12.2 yards per catch. That is superior to Wes Welker's 10.8 yard per catch career average. Thus Chad Jackson > Wes Welker? Please don't make me laugh.

Chad Jackson Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Wes Welker Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

It just goes to show, you can use stats as whatever excuse you want to come up with for your favorite player but they hardly tell the whole story of who's really the better player.

It just goes to show, you can use stats as whatever excuse you want to come up with for your favorite player but they hardly tell the whole story of who's really the better player.

Sure you can, if you think the stats of a guy with 14 career receptions fool anybody.

When you do that you just make yourself look desperate. Maroney has 388 rushing attempts over the same 3 year period.

Welker has a few more than 14 receptions too, plus he's a slot receiver, so he would naturally average fewer YPC.:rolleyes:

ding ding ding ....finally a realistic post.....The "ducking out of bounds to avoid the hit" now somewhat makes sense.....however, this does not explain his problems hitting the hole quickly and not dancing at the line of scrimmage for the majority of his NFL career.

Yes, LoMo is PHENOMENAL once he gets in the open with some room between him and the D.....and THAT is where I think his strengths lie......Maybe the next Kevin Faulk? We NEED to throw more screens in the flat, or set up RB dump offs after selling the pass.....to really develop this kid.....He will NOT IMHO, be an every down, hit the hole quick RB........but could be successful when utilized correctly......But, here's to hoping he proves me and many others wrong.....I wish nothing but the best for this kid.....GO LOMO.....and GO PATS!

:yeahthat: :eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes