PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney - best stat I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I thought it was an inner foot ligament.

I think the ligament in question is between the bones making it a high ankle sprain.

Anyway, no MD. The words high ankle sprain were used in a news report, ligaments were too.

I'm wondering whether the coaching staff is telling him to avoid slamming the line because of his shoulder.

Those here who claim that Maroney hits the line just as hard as the others seem to be making the charge that those of us who clearly see otherwise are saying so because we somehow "hate" the guy.

I happen to like Maroney, think he's a good kid who is trying and has a wealth of talent.

For whatever reason, he doesn't hit the LOS with any authority for the past few years. I am more than willing to assume that perhaps one reason could be that he is being coached not to by a Patriots staff that is trying to protect his shoulder?

Honestly, alot of us like Maroney and are rooting for him. Our eyes, however, don't deceive us. It has been more than just the past one or two weeks, it's been over the past couple of years.

Well articulated! Wish DaBruinz chips in with his two cents. He made a great point in some other thread about how the plays were quite different when Maroney came in and how that was ignored by many who relied on blind stats.

Well articulated! Wish DaBruinz chips in with his two cents. He made a great point in some other thread about how the plays were quite different when Maroney came in and how that was ignored by many who relied on blind stats.

You can't say the same thing for this year. That may have been the case that Maroney was only used to run in past years, but he is used all over the place this year, not just to come in and run. He STILL doesn't hit the hole hard.

I don't think Maroney is afraid, or gets different blocking than our other backs, or told anything different by the coaches than any other back. The biggest difference between Maroney and our other backs is that he is slow to recognize daylight when it is not right in front of him. This indecision is exacerbated by his recent lack of success. If they can block a few for him early, maybe he will be more confident and more decisive. He will never be the 1000 yard rusher we hoped he would become, but he can be productive and we need him to be the best he can be.

I still like Maroney he has the tools to be a solid RB.

people should watch Knowshon Moreno or Rashard Mendenhall if they want to see a young runningback with a lot of upside.

Wow - Morris is in first today. Big surprise.

Sammy is doing a fabulous job as the starting back.

Always moving forward, even with no holes he just plows through guys.

really could have used an established run game today. Brady was struggling, it wasn't clicking was Moss and a little ball control could have helped preserve the 2nd half lead. And 5 carries by Maroney. I guess we know which side of the argument Belichick comes down on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News