Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez vs Pats

14/22 163 1TD 0 INT 101.1 QBR in NY 9-20-09 Jets rushed 20-83
8/21 136 1TD 4INT 37.1 QBR @NE 11-22-09 Jets rushed 26-104
21/30 220 3TD 0 INT 124.3 QBR in NY 9-19-10 Jets rushed 32-136
17/33 164 0 TD 3 INT 27.8 QBR @NE 12-6-10 Jets rushed 31-152
16/25 194 3 TD 0 INT 127.3 QBR @NE 1-16-11 Jets rushed 29-120

He seems on the surface to play either really bad or excellent vs the Pats. Creating turnovers and keeping them out of short yardage should be key. In the games the Patriots have lost they have turned the ball over and settled for FGs keeping the pressure off of Sanchez to get something done. Those are the keys for me. Score TDs in the redzone and take care of the ball. Do so and win.

PWP- I see him back because it is the PAT v. JET game.... injuries obviously dont matter to the JETS and I suspect they will plug him right back in
even if they RISK his future health. They are a thick skulled organization and if he reinjures it in the PAT game.... I will laugh b/c of their ignorance.

where is Jetsfan1? where are the Jet TROLLS now?

Sanchez is the 28th rated passer in the NFL, and is just coming off one of the worst performances a QB can have. And has been underwhelming to say the least all year.

How do you think he will do vs the Pats next Sunday?

I say,

28-40, 340 yards,

3 Tds, and 0 Ints.

he does not get sacked once.

Shouldn't your screen name be Jeter Jet, rather than Peter Pat? In any event, Sanchez is a hot and cold QB. I think he's had three good games against the Pats and two bad ones, so we are due for the cold Sanchez to show up. He looks like he's playing with various injuries too. If BB can coach someone up to run right over the substitute center (or the lame Mangold) like the Ravens did, then we should do more than okay. He can have the yardage, but he won't get the TDs.

Sanchez vs Pats

14/22 163 1TD 0 INT 101.1 QBR in NY 9-20-09 Jets rushed 20-83
8/21 136 1TD 4INT 37.1 QBR @NE 11-22-09 Jets rushed 26-104
21/30 220 3TD 0 INT 124.3 QBR in NY 9-19-10 Jets rushed 32-136
17/33 164 0 TD 3 INT 27.8 QBR @NE 12-6-10 Jets rushed 31-152
16/25 194 3 TD 0 INT 127.3 QBR @NE 1-16-11 Jets rushed 29-120

He seems on the surface to play either really bad or excellent vs the Pats. Creating turnovers and keeping them out of short yardage should be key. In the games the Patriots have lost they have turned the ball over and settled for FGs keeping the pressure off of Sanchez to get something done. Those are the keys for me. Score TDs in the redzone and take care of the ball. Do so and win.

I like the pattern above. Against NEP, Sanchez appears to have one no-turnover game followed by a debacle. He's due for a debacle.

That may very well be the case if there is any residual black and blue from the Ravens game. The highlights made it look like they pounded Sanchez all night long. His stats (and Flacco's) made it look like that was an ugly football game last night. (I was having an adult beverage and watching Ken Burns' "Prohibition Part I" on PBs - excellent way to celebrate.)

Last edited:
Sanchez will have a better game because the NE D cannot create the same pressure as Baltimore.

Who are the Suggs and Lewis on the Pats D?

Moreover, Sanchez is a throw the ball in the general vicinity of the WR and let him go get it type QB. The Jets WRs will get open.

I think the Pats win, but Im not counting on a blowout.

Yeah I have to agree with OP on this one.

Mark Sanchez will look like a pro bowler next sunday against this lousy defense.The jets will come in a desperate team.This team better be prepared.:mad:

Mark Sanchez will look like a pro bowler next sunday against this lousy defense.The jets will come in a desperate team.This team better be prepared.:mad:

Two out of three ain't bad.
The last 2 statements.

the Jets will surely play a better game next week....but IMO this isnt the same jets team as last year...they cant run the ball, and cant stop the run..and their OL seems to be a big weakness for them...if Romo doesnt Choke in week 1, the jets are 1-3

if we can get haynesworth back, maybe we can exploit that weakness(as well as the run game) and if we get hernandez back I dont see the Jets being able to match our offense

Do you ever post a positive comment? All those posts and you conntinue to be negative Nelly. Is it really how you feel or just your gig?

I am realist.I am happy that this team is 3-1 but i havent seen anything positive.This defense still cant get to the QB.I am not asking for sacks but pressure the damn QB.The offense still doesnt get enough production on the outside and thats not gonna cut it.This is not a superbowl team right now unless this defense gets better.

Do not give a rats azz if he goes 29 for 30, with 440 yards passing.. as long as we win...

Stats like these are for losers..

Agreed, who cares if the defense gives us another first round exit...as long as we when regular season games.

He should be sacked 6 times and throw 3 pics. But he seems to have career days against our boys...seems almost everyone does actually. So we'll see! Should be a good game-eroo.

Regarding Sanchez, without a run game he is screwed.

The Jets were 5th in rushing the last two seasons and could bail Sanchise out of the ditch. This season, the Jets were trying to open up the offense and let Sanchez throw in the shotgun from the Spread like Brady and other elite NFL QBs. And, its turned out to be a nightmare thus far. I expect the Jets to abandon that failed plan and go back to the "short leash offense."

If I was a Jets fan I'd really be concerned about the Sanchise. To not know where Ed Reed was while youre standing at your own 5 yard line is inexcusable. By the 3rd season, you more or less know what type of player you have and he is looking more and more like a Glorified Game Manager.

The Yahoo article was correct. Sanchez is the most overpaid player in the NFL.

Do not give a rats azz if he goes 29 for 30, with 440 yards passing.. as long as we win...

Stats like these are for losers..

As long as you win, STATS ARE FOR FUN!!!

Agreed, who cares if the defense gives us another first round exit...as long as we when regular season games.

It will not be the same defense if we are playing in the first round as what we have now.

We have several faces on the DL, a couple in the secondary. We're missing Mayo, Haynseworth, and 2 of our top 3 CB's. Belichick defenses get better as the season progresses. Right now it's all about winning and avoiding IR. If December rolls around and we're still giving up 400 passing yards per game then you can anticipate the first round exit.

Is sanchez even walking today? He took a pounding.. lol. one hit next week and he'll be curling up into the fetal position.

We will see how much it gets better.The defense.This defense still reminds me off last year's defense.No improvements.It didnt help that BB didnt draft defensive linemen.

Sanchez is more or less always money versus the Pats. Then again, most QBs are.

....and yet "most QB's" (75% over the last two seasons) lose to this defense.

Maybe the Gameboys on our site will someday learn that strategy actually is more important than statistics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back