PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see, this ain't last years Jets. As far as the defense goes, we are what we are, whining and crying isn't going to make them better, but time just may! So hike up your skirts Nancy and enjoy the run. :lol2:

Hey schmessy, this team was 14-2 last year.Got them nowhere.Dont give me records.Look beyond that.Right now this team cant stop nobody on defense and they have issues at the wr position.

I get it, all that matters is the win, but wins cover up a lot of stink, and this defense is the worst in the league.

I hear a lot of, well they gave up garbage yards, and TDs, and all the defense has to do is minimize the damage, and let the offense win the game. Problem is, in Sept/Oct you can pass for 400 yards a game, and win games 38-34. This team is not built to win in the playoffs. And the Pats have yet to play against an elite QB this year outside of Rivers (who has been sub par all year). And have made Henne, Fitzpatrick, and Campbell, have these great days.

Why on earth wont Sanchez have a great game, if he doesn't , he is going against the trend, and it will be an anomaly.

BTW what happens if the Pats play against a good QB, never mind these middle of the road guys throw for 400 yards against them, what would Rodgers, Brees do to this defense. I don't think the scoreboard, could calculate all the points.

But please keep burying your heads in the sand, and think all is well, eventhough below average QBS are lighting up the Pats D.

BTW quit waiting for Haynesworth, he is done, you mind as well wait for Jesus to return next week, because that is about as likely to happen, as an effective HAynesworth this Sunday.

How well did the Great Jets Defense do against the same Oakland Raiders last week?

Of course, they must have truly outperformed how the "Worst Defense in the NFL" did yesterday, no?

Genius.

Last edited:
Hey schmessy, this team was 14-2 last year.Got them nowhere.Dont give me records.Look beyond that.Right now this team cant stop nobody on defense and they have issues at the wr position.

If they can't "stop nobody" then how did they win 3 games - - and are the only AFC team to have 2 road wins?

I will tell u how, outscoring their opponents and getting breaks.Sounds familiar to last year?:rolleyes:What happened last year again?:bricks:

Why is the topic creator getting crap for? He's probably going to be right.

Where does it put them in the standings?

It makes them the #6 seed in the conference . . . for a team that many thought are a top 2-3 seed . . . just a point of fact we are lower than the #5 seed Tenn Titans . . .

so i ask you where did our defense put us in the game against Baltimore in January 2009?

Keller's going to have about 8 catches for 110 and a td....

How well did the Great Jets Defense do against the same Oakland Raiders last week?

Of course, they must have truly outperformed how the "Worst Defense in the NFL" did yesterday, no?

Genius.

Well lest see, the Jets defense last week gave up a total of 383 yards, 149 passing, and 234 rushing,

the pats gave Oakland a total of 504 yards, 344 passing, and 160 rushing.

I say the Jets defense in their worst game of the season, did better than the Pats on their best. Or at least they were equally bad.

The reason why the Pats crushed, and the jets lost, is because the Jets -2 in Turnovers, and the Pats had a +2 in Turnovers.

Last edited:
I will tell u how, outscoring their opponents and getting breaks.Sounds familiar to last year?:rolleyes:What happened last year again?:bricks:

Thread after thread reading your posts adds nothing except irritation to my Patriot enjoyment. Welcome IGNORE!!

Hey moosekill, did u enjoy the 14-2 record last year?This team has become a regular season team.I am getting irritated.Reminds me of the colts teams.Ughhhh:mad:

Last edited:
Hey moosekill, did u enjoy the 14-2 record last year?This team has become a regular season team.I am getting irritated.Reminds me of the colts teams.Ughhhh:mad:
Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater, it's worth noting there are still a number of rather important defensive players who are not on the field right now (Haynesworth, Bodden, Wright, Dowling, now Mayo and possibly Love), and some who aren't quite up to their potential (Chung, McCourty). So it's not really fair to say the defense is what we're going to have to live with all year right now.

Also, keep in mind yesterday that they lost their defensive playcaller in Mayo. So Guyton (and maybe Fletcher?) had to take the responsibility for getting everybody in formation. We saw a bit of what that was like last year in the Jets game when their defensive playcaller went down. It's less than ideal.

As for the number of yards, if you give up 400 yards but only 13 points? That means you're going the entire length of the field for slightly more than a FG. That's not good offensive production, and that means the defense has to be doing some things right.

So, am I concerned? Absolutely. They could give up fewer big plays, and fewer dumb penalties. Do I believe that all is lost? Absolutely not—so long as they can get healthy and contribute again, this D can be good enough.

Last edited:
It makes them the #6 seed in the conference . . . for a team that many thought are a top 2-3 seed . . . just a point of fact we are lower than the #5 seed Tenn Titans . . .

so i ask you where did our defense put us in the game against Baltimore in January 2009?

You're arguing based on seeding after the first 4 games of a season??????? Really???

How many games have the Pats played on the road?

Which team in the AFC is the only one to have 2 road wins so far?????

What seed were the Jets last year?

Last edited:
Well lest see, the Jets defense last week gave up a total of 383 yards, 149 passing, and 234 rushing,

the pats gave Oakland a total of 504 yards, 344 passing, and 160 rushing.

I say the Jets defense in their worst game of the season, did better than the Pats on their best. Or at least they were equally bad.

The reason why the Pats crushed, and the jets lost, is because the Jets -2 in Turnovers, and the Pats had a +2 in Turnovers.

STATS!!!!!!!!!!!

How much did the Raider score on the Jets???? Is that AS important in your mind as yardage??????

Did you see the games????

They were played on a field of green grass!!!!!! Did you know that??????

Guesss what?????? Turnovers count!!!!!!!! They are actually part of the game!!!!!!

In these games, a team wins and a team loses!!!!!!!!! That is a stat also - - some people think it is the most important stat. Maybe you, too, will someday come to that conclusion. Until then, enjoy your total yardage calculations.

You should try learning something about football, Peter, it's really a wonderful game!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Did I miss the momement where the Pats were eliminated from the playoffs this year? Must have been sleeping.

I am saying the trend.You gotta have a decent defense come the playoffs.I will wait and see if this defense will get better.Thats all.

STATS!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot out of hand dismiss stats as irrelevant any more than others can claim they tell the entire story.

Yesterday for instance was Campbell's lowest QBR of the season. So yes he had 344 yards but at a price. I happen to believe efficiency trumps volume every time.

Also yesterday McFadden had 116 total yards, not too shabby. However his lowest output of the season as well. Buffalo held held him to less rushing yards and a lower YPC but he gashed them receiving.

Other teams have talented players too so completely shutting them down is unrealistic most of the time.

You're correct that you can't say well if not for the interceptions..........but you cannot dismiss the 8/13 the Raiders had on 3rd down. I'm pretty sure Bill didn't forget about it. So many of those were 3rd and 7+ it was ridiculous. And that's what scares me about this defense and the long term prospects.

I don't want to get stuck in the middle of the name calling of the two side of this debate as it really makes the forum less desirable. You need to account for everything when looking at the total performance of a unit. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
STATS!!!!!!!!!!!

How much did the Raider score on the Jets???? Is that AS important in your mind as yardage??????

Did you see the games????

They were played on a field of green grass!!!!!! Did you know that??????

Guesss what?????? Turnovers count!!!!!!!! They are actually part of the game!!!!!!

In these games, a team wins and a team loses!!!!!!!!! That is a stat also - - some people think it is the most important stat. Maybe you, too, will someday come to that conclusion. Until then, enjoy your total yardage calculations.

You should try learning something about football, Peter, it's really a wonderful game!

I agree the only stat that matters is winning, but I was asked how the Jets defense did compared to the Pats, obviously the entire Pats team played better than the Jets. And you cant ignore stats all together, because they go against your point either.

You can cling to their record all you want, like I said winning covers everything. But do you think the Pats even have a chance at winning this year, when average to below average Qbs are passing on them, like its a CFL game.

BTW I played the game, all the way through college, and have watched every game the Pats have played since 1985, I know a fatal flaw when I see it, and when Sanchez lights up the Pats D, for over 300 yards, weather the Pats win or lose, it will show again that even bad Qbs can throw on them, and come playoff time, when the Pats cant stop anyone, and Brady has to be perfect for them to win, we will see the same results as the last three years.

but I was asked how the Jets defense did compared to the Pats.

Patriots: 19 points
Jets: 34 points

There's a couple of stats for you, that's right the TERRIBLE Pats defense gave up 15 points less than the vaunted Jets defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes