PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mario Williams is now a Buffalo Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandtReply

Numbers on Mario: $25 million in year one; $53 million in first three years.

So that's just a hair under $18M AAV the first three years and $14.5M on the back end of the deal...$16M average on the total deal.

You guys can downplay it all you want, but the Bills just got a whole lot better. Pretty soon you won't be able to easily brush us aside.
No doubt, Williams should be make that frnt 7 incredibly dangerous. If I were a Bills fan my only concern is now that Mario has hit the lottery, is he motivated to play at a high level on a consistent basis. Time will tell.

I'm not sure the move for Williams is all about money - they're a young team who faded badly because they lack depth across the board.

And what part of $100 million on 1 player will be used for depth?

What you wrote:

...is not accurate. Unless your definition of a franchise QB is Joe Flacco.

So what is the definition of a Franchise QB? Educate me. You seemingly have all the answers.

No doubt, Williams should be make that frnt 7 incredibly dangerous. If I were a Bills fan my only concern is now that Mario has hit the lottery, is he motivated to play at a high level on a consistent basis. Time will tell.

I wouldn't be concerned. He was the #1 pick and got a monster contract, so I don't see this having a negative effect on him.

So what is the definition of a Franchise QB? Educate me. You seemingly have all the answers.

A QB who can end a season with a higher QBR than Tavaris Jackson.

And what part of $100 million on 1 player will be used for depth?

So they've spent $100M out of this year's cap? ****, better get on the phone to Buddy Nix and tell him! ;)

They can Draft defensive BPA with that #10 pick (Courtney Upshaw, Luke Keuchly maybe?) or go for one of the OT's. Maybe grab another Receiver like Floyd to pair up with Johnson. There's some terrific players available further down in the Draft, they should be able to pick up some valuable contributors.

He got paid in 2006 and virtually carried the Texans on his own for a few years. He plays hard every down.

So it's whether he has a good Quarterback rating?

Yikes.

Clearly I was being glib, but I'd take that over your erroneous assertion that he was good for the first 2/3rds of last season, when he clearly wasn't.

15th in YPG
23rd in YPA
1st in INTs
10th in TDs
11th in YDS
9th in PCT

I'm sorry, perhaps you could inform me upon what basis you're calling him anything other than a mediocre QB?

Last edited:
Good thing we have a damn good Right Tackle in Vollmer.

I said he looks to be a Franchise QB. As long as he improves, as he has each year, he'll reach that level. His first two thirds of the season were that of a good, solid QB, someone you can rely on.

You even posted that stats to point that out. Cheers.

Sorry, I don't see your point. His completion percentage was high early on, and the TD v INT rate was low until later in the year, coinciding with the Bills loses (and injuries).

They clearly see him as their guy, and he did a passable impression of someone worthy of their faith.

Fitz cracked some ribs with a hit by London Fletcher when the Bills were 5-2. That's when he started to play bad. I find it hard to believe it a total coincidence.

Anyway, all this "Mario doesn't want to win" because he went to Buffalo is bogus. People act as though their teams were NEVER bad...guess what? They were, and I don't care who your team is: it's true across the board. THIS is how you create a winner, by assembling players like him. The Bills are a team on the rise.

Good thing we have a damn good Right Tackle in Vollmer.

Williams has played all of his career as the RDE. It's down to Matt Light and the rook.

Last edited:
Crazy deal for a guy who will be 30 halfway through it. Damn, he will be 33 when it ends, that's just nuts.

You guys can downplay it all you want, but the Bills just got a whole lot better. Pretty soon you won't be able to easily brush us aside. The Patriots were where the Bills have been at one time, if you remember.

You Bills fans are so smug.
The Patriots are clearly the best team in position to break your Super Bowl record!

Last edited:
Williams has played all of his career as the RDE. It's down to Matt Light and the rook.

He played both but when I watched Texan games in 2010, a tat majority, he was playing 43LDE.

He could however play RDE for the Bills.

I said he looks to be a Franchise QB. As long as he improves, as he has each year, he'll reach that level. His first two thirds of the season were that of a good, solid QB, someone you can rely on.

You even posted that stats to point that out. Cheers.

Oh, okay. So he could potentially become a franchise QB at 30 years old, or he could regress to the mean, as he did halfway (note: 1/2 != 2/3) through last year.

Last edited:
Crazy deal for a guy who will be 30 halfway through it. Damn, he will be 33 when it ends, that's just nuts.

They'll get his best years, if he peaks when most players do. Of course the entire contract isn't guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News