PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mario Williams is now a Buffalo Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in a nut shell their Defense was WORST than our and our was BAD! They have a Offenese that can play with anybody. It will not be an automatic win agianst the Bills from now on. Mario fills a NEED for them...if he works out they should have pretty stout Defense, not counting who they get in the Draft.

Nice signing. Almost makes up for Fitzpatrick.

But they have spent nearly $200M on 2 players.....That is ludicrous

Down the road,these 2 HUGE transactions is going to murder them with the current cap,They better hope they put a SB Trophy in that case the next 5 years or work on restructuring the contracts of 3/4 of the team by 2015.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the move for Williams is all about money - they're a young team who faded badly because they lack depth across the board. They've got what looks to be a Franchise QB in place, they've got the run game, receivers, and a decent secondary - the place they're lacking is the front 7, which is the most important.

They've got play-makers across the board now, from the Williams boys and Dareus, to Wilson and Byrd, and that's just defensively. That offense was already massively dangerous - now the entire team is.

Buffalo's defensive line is going to be NASTY this year, kids. Pro Bowler Kyle Williams and 3rd overall pick Marcell Dareus as Tackles with Mario Williams at End...Kelsay probably on the other end. Has the potential to be one of the best lines in the NFL. Playing with those guys was probably a selling point...along with all that ridiculous money.

You guys can downplay it all you want, but the Bills just got a whole lot better. Pretty soon you won't be able to easily brush us aside. The Patriots were where the Bills have been at one time, if you remember.

I was on board with Williams initially. Then our cap number came out, and the number for his market came out. Then the fact that Spikes, Gronker, and AHern's contracts are up in two years sank in. It wasn't gonna happen. It's way too much to commit to one guy when the 2nd round has been a bounty of pass rushers (not that we pick them in there anyway). The fact that the pitch about him in the 4-3 sold him tells me that if the Pats called him, the conversation ended with "we're going 3-4 heavy."

Plus, we kicked the tires on Peppers in an uncapped year, and we made him a one-year offer, which Peppers laughed at. Knowing that Williams' market was dictated by Peppers and the idea that Williams is a younger Peppers (although not as good), I would be surprised if the Pats even bothered.

50 guaranteed is bananas for a guy who has been injured more than our boy Ras-I in the last two years.

You can't bash Williams for being injured constantly. He had a freak injury last year and missed 3 games two years ago because of a hernia. Before that he played in every game for 4 years.

Ras-I is a rookie.

Last edited:
Would anyone place any concern even though they had the injuries late last year in Fitz's form during the second half of the season?

Buffalo's defensive line is going to be NASTY this year, kids. Pro Bowler Kyle Williams and 3rd overall pick Marcell Dareus as Tackles with Mario Williams at End...Kelsay probably on the other end. Has the potential to be one of the best lines in the NFL. Playing with those guys was probably a selling point...along with all that ridiculous money.

You guys can downplay it all you want, but the Bills just got a whole lot better. Pretty soon you won't be able to easily brush us aside. The Patriots were where the Bills have been at one time, if you remember.

Yes the good old Jim Jelly - Thuman Thomas and Scott Norwood:p days.;)

While they definitely overpaid, I think its a great move for the Bills. The D-Line is going to be great, they have the 10th pick in the draft and they have their QB and top WR locked up long term. I think they are clearly the #2 team in the AFCE at the moment because this signing pretty much guarantees Manning won't be going to Miami, and the Jets are going backwards. Very good day for the Bills.

I'm not sure the move for Williams is all about money - they're a young team who faded badly because they lack depth across the board. They've got what looks to be a Franchise QB in place, they've got the run game, receivers, and a decent secondary - the place they're lacking is the front 7, which is the most important.

They've got play-makers across the board now, from the Williams boys and Dareus, to Wilson and Byrd, and that's just defensively. That offense was already massively dangerous - now the entire team is.

This is vastly overstated, IMO.

On what planet is Fitzpatrick a "franchise QB"?

It seems to me that if winning was the most important factor to him then he would have figured out a way to stay with the Texans.

This is vastly overstated, IMO.

On what planet is Fitzpatrick a "franchise QB"?

If his performances for the first two thirds of the season are anything to go by, he absolutely is. Just needs to cut down on the INT's.

Bills got crazy I think. Let's see...

It seems to me that if winning was the most important factor to him then he would have figured out a way to stay with the Texans.

A fair point, although it depends on how much the Texans were willing to pay him. The Bills strike me as a team that resemble the Texans a couple of years ago.

If his performances for the first two thirds of the season are anything to go by, he absolutely is. Just needs to cut down on the INT's.

and if Sanchez cuts down the turnovers he'd be a franchise QB. easier said then done.

Sorry, I don't see your point. His completion percentage was high early on, and the TD v INT rate was low until later in the year, coinciding with the Bills loses (and injuries).

They clearly see him as their guy, and he did a passable impression of someone worthy of their faith.

What you wrote:

If his performances for the first two thirds of the season are anything to go by, he absolutely is.

...is not accurate. Unless your definition of a franchise QB is Joe Flacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes