PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon: Done with chemo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Herzlich had Ewing's sarcoma, as opposed to Cannon, who had non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

While I like OTG's response, there's also this video of his combine workout.

The guy was a monster at the combine. Despite being the heaviest tackle there by more than 25 pounds, he put up the 6th fastest 40 time. Plus, he put up easily the best power numbers of any tackle last year, and maybe the best since Vollmer's crazy pro day (33 vs 32 reps of 205, 30.5 vs 36 1/2 vert, 8'9 vs 9'03 broad). Imagine those guys playing next to each other and run blocking against say the Colts. It's a beautiful thought, isn't it?

Last edited:
The guy was a monster at the combine. Despite being the heaviest tackle there by more than 25 pounds, he put up the 6th fastest 40 time. Plus, he put up easily best the power numbers of any tackle last year, and maybe the best since Vollmer's crazy pro day (33 vs 32 reps of 205, 30.5 vs 36 1/2 vert, 8'9 vs 9'03 broad). Imagine those guys playing next to each other and run blocking against say the Colts. It's a beautiful thought, isn't it?

Sounds goood to me!

Thanks for the link...somehow i missed that vid.

That big boy is scary athletic for his size.

OMG does that guy look like worker. Just the look on his face, total concentration.

If Cannon is in camp, he should be on the roster. I agree that he is likely to be a future starter. It seems that we can finally say goodbye to Ohrnberger.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy was a monster at the combine. Despite being the heaviest tackle there by more than 25 pounds, he put up the 6th fastest 40 time. Plus, he put up easily best the power numbers of any tackle last year, and maybe the best since Vollmer's crazy pro day (33 vs 32 reps of 205, 30.5 vs 36 1/2 vert, 8'9 vs 9'03 broad). Imagine those guys playing next to each other and run blocking against say the Colts. It's a beautiful thought, isn't it?

I've been talking about this change to behemoths on the line, and I'm very interested in how far BB will go with it. As I've said a few times now, I'd love to see Carl Nicks added to the line. That would, eventually, leave a monster "4" of Solder/Nicks/Cannon/Vollmer, which would be a complete change from where this team has traditionally gone with its o-line, and would be more in line with a Dallas Cowboys concept of throwing tanks on the line. The question then would be how big they'd go at center.

Hell, if only Mankins could play center and wanted to stick around....

Last edited:

As I mentioned before (though changing it up slightly) imagine being a defender lining up with Cannon—Vollmer—Connolly—Smith—GRONK on the right end of the line. . . . and then having to try and find Danny Woodhead. :D

Very easy to root for this guy. I'll be very happy to see him on the field at Gillette!

Great news; Cannon's probably the easiest player to root for that I can remember. Want to go and buy his jersey already.

Great news; Cannon's probably the easiest player to root for that I can remember. Want to go and buy his jersey already.

If he has a successful rookie season get ready to hear a renewed Belichick is a genius chant from the media and fans. Of course they'll be right. :D

BB is a genius whether Marcus plays a down this season or not :)

Not to be the Debbie Downer here but what specificly does he mean by this...

"The first thing my mom and my dad told me to do is pray," Cannon said last week, "and here we are today. I'm a fifth-round Patriots draft pick, and half the mass I had is gone."

Half WHAT mass? Tumor mass?

"The first thing my mom and my dad told me to do is pray," Cannon said last week, "and here we are today. I'm a fifth-round Patriots draft pick, and half the mass I had is gone."

Yes, the tumor. As noted above, he only lost a total of about 20 pounds, and he's gained a good amount of that back.

Brother Marcus "Howitzer" Cannon is a devout Christian.

He used to spend all of Sunday at Church, having played on Saturday.

But with his new commitment on Sunday afternoons, he'll only have "half the Mass." :)

While I like OTG's response, there's also this video of his combine workout.

WHOA.

Thanks, but let's not get my position wrong, gentlemen. :eek:

I was posting about this guy's amazing athleticism before the Draft.

And I've been predicting multiple All Pros ~ and the Opening Day Roster ~ for him since Day One. :cool:

Brother Marcus "Howitzer" Cannon is a devout Christian.

He used to spend all of Sunday at Church, having played on Saturday.

But with his new commitment on Sunday afternoons, he'll only have "half the Mass." :)

Rimshot.gif

Marcus Cannon is my #1 favorite rookie for all he has already done before even putting on a set of pads.

Once you've kicked cancer's ass, a 300lb D-lineman doesn't scare you much. Especially when your a 350lb O-lineman!! :)

Bring it Marcus! BRING IT!!!!!

Yes, the tumor. As noted above, he only lost a total of about 20 pounds, and he's gained a good amount of that back.

If so, it is not good to have half of a cancerous tumor mass inside you. Trust me.

If so, it is not good to have half of a cancerous tumor mass inside you. Trust me.

Just because it's his last treatment doesn't mean the chemo doesn't keep working a while (depending on the components of the prescribed chemo). He may also be headed into radiation next which for many is less tiring compare to chemo. I don't know or pretend to know what they're treating him with specifically, but it seems as if things are headed in the right direction.

What's more is the way he's been able to do things like play basketball, etc.. during the day of a chemo treatment! The medicines get more advanced, it seems, which is obviously great. I remember having chemo and not knowing who, where, or what I was -for about 36 hours after the fact.

The man's an inspiration, at least to me he is.

Every case of cancer is different but there's lots of happy talk by many while fighting the onslaught. That said studies show that those with a sincere positive mental attitude do better and survive longer.

Been there. Done that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results