PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini .....You're Fired!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!!!

:woohoo:

WTF was Homegrown waiting for, anyway?!!

The Browns are no longer dead to me.

I think Holmgren saw some potential in that late-season surge last year, and didn't want to do like Parcells and fire a guy after one season just because that guy wasn't "his guy". I'm not saying it was the right decision, I'm just saying why I think he did it.

If this jackhole gets another HC job in the NFL I'm going to switch to the CFL.

If you are a coach on the bubble you better not get destroyed by your 2 biggest division opponents 2 weeks in a row at home to end the season.

It happened and that was all Holmgren needed to see to make the move.

If this jackhole gets another HC job in the NFL I'm going to switch to the CFL.

People still think they can suck some of the Belichick magic out of his staff's marrow. When will they learn?

Rot in peace, Mangina.

Last edited:
I am curious to see what happens to Dabol and Rob Ryan.

Wasn't Holmgren hired mid-season? I thought that and the fact that they beat us convincingly were why Mangini was given time to finish this year and show what he's capable of.

Now, will BB hire him back as a DC of the Pats? ;)

Don't even joke about bringing the Mangina back here. :nono:

{{{Shiver}}}

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy..... :rolleyes:

The Browns problems, however, go deeper than him. Holmgren, hopefully, can start to turn things around, but their ownership has been using the franchise as a tax write-off since it was reestablished.

"Thank you for your application to be a football coach at (name of college or pro team), Mr. Mangina. You have quite an impressive resume. To verify employment and determine if you are a team player, could you please provide a list of references?"

"What's that? You can't think of anybody who would recommend your work?"

"What? You have experience in video and TV? Excellent, Mr. Manbooblia. Ok. I see. You did some film editing at the Browns, oversaw taping the opponents sidelines with the Patriots and appeared on The Sopranos eating a bowl of meatballs. Excellent."

"Do you have any verifiable successful coaching experience whatsoever?"

"The Patriots? What about the Patriots? When we called, the head man choked, screamed something about a half a million bucks and ungrateful rat snitch bastard and slammed the phone in my ear. Anybody else?"

"No?"

"We'll keep your resume on file Mr. Man..whatever. Good luck."

Good. Hopefully he has run out of chances.

Holmgren retained Mangenius so he would have a fall guy for the lack of turnaround in year one of his return and because none of his guys was available at the time or wanted to be that fall guy. Daboll could land in KC, as could Davidson from Carolina since both grew up in this offense (although beware of guys passed over by BB...). Rob Ryan like his loudmouth brother was claiming this weekend that he would be shocked if he weren't offered a HC position this off season...based on what I don't know. Although someone like him could land in Oakland where they claim Cable will be out despite his 8-8 undefeated in the division record. Rob was already a DC there...

If you are a coach on the bubble you better not get destroyed by your 2 biggest division opponents 2 weeks in a row at home to end the season.

It happened and that was all Holmgren needed to see to make the move.
The fact that he and his ex-Patriots-heavy staff could only get themselves and the team "up" for two games -- one against the Patriots -- is as big an indictment of him as a head coach as there can be.

Cleveland was stupid for even hiring him. Guess they had to learn the hard way. If they were in an easier division I could have seen them turning it around pretty soon, but life will probably be tough for the new coach too.

Oh yeah, Mangini has boobs

Sinking ship deserts the rat.

I am thinking the college ranks for Mangini. Unless he wants a coordinators job his best bet is the lower level.

Re: Mangini Your Fired!!

Next stop,Oakland.Ratgini is unsinkable.

Why would Oakland want him? They've finally righted their ship at 8-8. They want to go up from here, not down again.

Why would Oakland want him? They've finally righted their ship at 8-8. They want to go up from here, not down again.

Are you kidding? That is just the sort of thing Al Davis would do.

Holmgren was hired December 22, 2009. He was hired before the end of the season last year. Many people thought Mangini would be fired in January.

Thanks for clarifying.

I figured they'd give him one more year. They outta hire McDaniels as their OC to teach Colt McCoy. Would be cool if they got Cowher as their coach right in the steelers division. Or promoting Rob Ryan just so both Ryan twins are coaches.

Cowher to Cleveland?

OMG, the Pittsburgh Steelers Rape Advocates would be freaking out!

I could never fathom why they hired him in the first place after the Jets debacle.

Guy isn't fit to coach a high school team.
because the organization is (or certainly was then) more of a mess than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back