PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's keep it together, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. I had some jerk on Patsfan send me DMs with insults and reply to all my posts with derogatory remarks, all because I simply asked whether the Pats D could contain Le'veon Bell! And when I complained to the moderators, they told me to lessen my criticism and watch what I say. SMH. Whatever man....

Please accept this as my formal apology

I have been a fan for 58 years and have watched a lot of lousy games. It
was shocking to see a Belichick coached team play that badly defensively.

Yet, if one looked at the game after 3 quarters, we would have a slightly different opinion. We would be focusing on the passes called back and the call when we were 4th and 1. We would have been focusing on the underuse of our RB's on passing downs.

Surely, we had enough tools and coaching to win in the 4th quarter. At very least, we would be competitive.

And, yes, we have been focusing on the new look defense that will take time to gel.
===
And then came the 4th quarter, when the offense and defense played at the worst level in many, many years.

I respect your opinion Ross, but I have to disagree.

I think the issue I have is that too many people take it upon themselves to try to police how others feel by calling them "trolls" "chicken-littles" and "pink-hats" or even making subtle comments like yours, "you should consider finding another team to cheer for."

If fans are passionate, then it's to be expected that they overreact or over-scrutinize. But that's their right as fans. I don't see the big deal.

To me, censorship is a much bigger concern than "negativity" -- the tendency of mods or posters to get over-protective of their team, and not tolerate criticism or concerns others might have in the heat of the moment. I just don't see the need for a moderator to approve or disapprove of some opinions, or question peoples' loyalty or commitment to the team.

The Celtics forum doesn't get this heated about opinions. But the Patriots are a lightning rod of like no other team I follow. Fans get upset....and then more fans get upset that others are upset? WTF??
Spot on.
I was going to write the exact same response...thanks.
It is absurd mods feel the need to give pep talks and manage opinions.
Supporting a team should not require a pledge to only engage in group think.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what I've told my two kids. Do not allow an anonymous poster on an internet forum wreck your day. You don't know them so why would you value their insults enough to ruin your life?

With that said I don't think it was the "Chicken Little" comments that bothered you. I think it was that your opinion was overwhelmingly disagreed with.

If you can't handle the debate or if it gets to you emotionally then you should back off and take a break.

Not looking for anyone to kiss my ass, guy. People are always free to disagree with me. But not target or harass me for something non-inflammatory as football opinions. LOL

I have been a fan for 58 years and have watched a lot of lousy games. It
was shocking to see a Belichick coached team play that badly defensively.

They've played like poop before and will again.

Not looking for anyone to kiss my ass, guy. People are always free to disagree with me. But not target or harass me for something non-inflammatory as football opinions. LOL

If you block someone can they still message you? I don't know.

Spot on.
I was going to write the exact same response...thanks.
It is absurd mods feel the need to give pep talks and manage opinions.
Supporting a team does not require a pledge to only engage in group think.
I neither managed opinions nor stated I required group think. If you read a couple posts down from the one you quoted, you would see my response to @Soul_Survivor88 stating this is simply my opinion and not some form of directive.

Again, I apologize if my post came off that way, but I don't see what I said that could be construed as some sort of "command from on high" to do/not do something. I mean, my ending is "Just wanted to say my piece and hopefully influence some positivity around here." How is that translated to "I as your Moderator command you to henceforth stop complaining"?

If you block someone can they still message you? I don't know.

No big deal... just saying. I'm not interested in meanspiritedness --- unless it's directed towards Rodger Goodell or Jets fans* :D

* This hatred also applies to Cavs fans. But IT and Jae Crowder are off-limits!

A couple days removed from the loss to KC and I'm just really saddened by the negativity here. I don't understand it.

First of all, not every game or every season has to be perfect. We're incredibly fortunate to be fans of such an insanely good team over the last 15+ years, but they shouldn't have to be perfect to make you happy. If you're actually a FAN of the Patriots then you should be willing to stomach a bad game or even a bad season at times. They're not going to destroy every opponent and win the Super Bowl every single year. I know they've had an incredible run lately (how many consecutive years of AFCCG appearances again now?) but that's not sustainable; it WILL end at some point. Are you actually a fan of the Pats or are you only a fan of winning?

Second, I don't even see how anyone can feel so negatively about ANY game considering we were just treated to the greatest comeback and Super Bowl performance of all time, and probably the most epic win any of us will ever see last year. And two years prior, another incredibly epic Super Bowl win which was previously the greatest comeback ever. I mean, the team could really suck and have a few rebuilding years and I would be fine with that - these last two wins have been so sweet, the good feelings from them will last a long, long time. Certainly a hell of a lot longer than one freaking regular season game.

Finally, the team has had bad games in winning seasons before. They weren't perfect by any means last season and won the Super Bowl. Hell, they weren't CLOSE to perfect IN that Super Bowl and still won it. Two years ago they got spanked on prime time by this same KC team and what happened? Super Bowl win. And there are other examples in the last decade-plus of great seasons by the Pats which contained **** games. It happens. We've been saying it for years now - the first few weeks are essentially extended preseason because of how training camp practice has been watered down. This will especially be true in a year where their potentially most critical offensive piece, Edelman, was just lost for the year a couple weeks ago. It will take time to settle everything and that might mean a few losses. But here's your PSA: they have the GOAT QB, HC and TE all on the team who are all driven to do everything possible to get it fixed and end the season hoisting the trophy again. Have these men not proven time and time again that they deserve an abundance of patience and respect?

If one loss (which wasn't even that bad of a loss), one game into the season, causes you to lose your **** and give up on the team, then perhaps you should consider finding another team to cheer for. Unfortunately, I don't think you will find one, because if your standard is perfection then you'll be looking indefinitely.

Just wanted to say my piece and hopefully influence some positivity here. I know some posters are just straight up trolls, and we do our best to cull that behavior when we can as mods, but most negativity is not trolling. Just be patient, people, and have a little respect for the team that's already given us more than any fan could ever ask for or deserve.

"Robert Weathers is not walking through that door. If he does he'll be grey and old..."

hqdefault.jpg

Kinda like that SB video I posted. All those writers had the Pats lost stories all written and ready to submit when the Pats came back. All you can do is look at the present because the future is no guaranteed thing. Just because Pats teams in the past have "self corrected", does not mean this one will. This was a particularly disturbing loss for myself because they quit in the end. Flat out quit. That's what bad teams do. That's NOT what Pats teams have ever done. So we are in uncharted waters here. No one is right, no one is wrong.

Add that to the absolute inability to cover RBs out of the backfield and you have a recipe for a disaster of season defensively. Some things can't be changed by coaching and talent makes up that's difference.

I neither managed opinions nor stated I required group think. If you read a couple posts down from the one you quoted, you would see my response to @Soul_Survivor88 stating this is simply my opinion and not some form of directive.

Again, I apologize if my post came off that way, but I don't see what I said that could be construed as some sort of "command from on high" to do/not do something. I mean, my ending is "Just wanted to say my piece and hopefully influence some positivity around here." How is that translated to "I as your Moderator command you to henceforth stop complaining"?

I think you're the one being censored and bullied. It's sad. I hope you're strong enough to wade through this.

(I refuse to emoji this post)

No big deal... just saying. I'm not interested in meanspiritedness --- unless it's directed towards Rodger Goodell or Jets fans* :D

* This hatred also applies to Cavs fans. But IT and Jae Crowder are off-limits!

Seriously. I don't know. Can someone message you after you have blocked them? You stated that someone continued to IM you etc.... Did you block them?

I think there's more threads about hypothetical negativity than actual negative threads.
Agreed, but there is a lot of posted negativity. Ive seen a few people say this team wont be able to win 10 games, that's their opinion but it does make me wish even more that we had an eye roll response.

In your own words, there is no gray area for fans to operate in....... and some, like myself, cringe when they read these posts describing the 'right kind of Pats fan.'

If you're actually a FAN of the Patriots then you should.....
Are you actually a fan of the Pats or are you only a fan of winning?
....then perhaps you should consider finding another team to cheer for.
we do our best to cull that behavior when we can as mods

Clearly, you have a precise definition of an "actual Pats fan", how they should behave, and where they should go if they don't demonstrate complete loyalty.
Including your moderator credentials to close out your "opinion" post was not the best choice because you clearly demonstrated that your position is not moderate.

Last edited:
Did you start a thread about it?

Maybe we need a new forum called "The Safe Space."

I propose that Andy have to moderate it as punishment, because he scolded me for bringing a negative headline into a thread.

Anybody feeling butt-hurt could go there and trade observations without fear of being contradicted.

I guess it's true that even if we're irked we shouldn't lash out at other Pats fans with the worst of the vitriol. We have a Jets fan chained up in the "Jets Suck" thread. Unfortunately, given Thursday, he probably has the weekend off. But otherwise when we get the urge to really unleash the invective, we probably should go hate on him first, and then look around at any Pats fans to hate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back