PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets face the facts (homers not welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lets face the fact's (homers not welcome)

Put me down for the season tickets as well.

I'd love to embarass myself by going to a Pats game.

If you are concerned that the championships are tainted, then you are taking this all way too seriously. Its a game and entertainment. There isn't any shame to feel because there isn't anything that you or any of us did to feel shame about. Its the same problem with many sports fans where they put in so much emotional equity into their team that they almost feel a part of it and gain a bit of self worth from their rooting interest. Its silly and once you put it in percpective the whole idea of tainted championships becomes equally as silly.

If someone gives you a hard time about rooting for a team with "tainted" championships I suggest you turn the tables on them. There is hardly any teams without their share of controversy. Are they from New York? Those two Giants championships with BB are equally as tainted and lets not forget their beloved Yankees which won with the likes of Petites, Clemens and Knobby as the core of their teams. Are they from Denver or San Fran? Salary cap violations. Dallas? Jimmy admitted to doing the same things.

This is big buisness and in any big business there are questionable activities that look more so when skewed through the lens of public opinion. Any fan that that derives some self worth from the purity of their teams accomplishments even though they have no inkling of what their team is doing behind the scenes is a moron and should be regarded as such. Ignore them or even better laugh at them. You will totaly disarm them when they cant figure out why their barbs don't effect you since you derive your self worth from your actual self and not your rooting interest.

I don't agree with you position at all, and I hate that condescending thread title: "Lets face the facts" (I'll leave alone that it should be Let's face the facts" not "Lets face the fact's".....sometimes my grammar sucks too). Don't come in like you're somehow objective and we're just mindless homers.

I think maybe you've been brainwashed a bit by months of BS. If this was directed at the Colts or some other team, I'm sure there would be a measure of whatever that German word is, enjoying someone else's suffering. But my opinion on taping is what it was the first time I heard about it--God's honest truth, I read a bit on the news, and thought, huh, minor rules infraction, ok. I thought--to the extent I even bothered thinking about it--it would be gone within a week, with maybe some small monetary fine to the team.

This has been insanely overblown. Saying that doesn't make me a homer, just a reasonably intelligent human.

If beli and co where infact taping teams dating all the way back since Beli started to coach this team , our sb's are tainted. All the excuse makers and homer's will freak out over this post. But you all know you are scared as hell for these latest allegations to be proven true. The pats will never live this down.

I'm amazed by how many people are apparently suffering from short term memory.

These "latest allegations" are NOT new claims that Roger Goodell suddenly has to deal with. While the fans and media were obviously not made aware of this info regarding how far back Belichick had been taping, it was all fully disclosed to the Commissioner back in September.

Following that meeting with the Patriots, the review of their notes and videos, Goodell made a statement in an interview with Bob Costas that NOTHING was found that indicated the Pat's video taping process had ANY affect on their SB wins or their playoff games in those years.

So, if back in September the Commissioner, knowing all the same info that we JUST learned, publicly stated that the SB wins are NOT tainted in any way, why would that suddenly change?

I just think it's hilarious that no one is making threads about how horrible it is that Rodney Harrison and Shawne Merriman (among others) are still allowed to play in the league, when technically what they did probably had a much bigger affect on the outcome of game.

But catch some people looking at stuff... OH MAN

If beli and co where infact taping teams dating all the way back since Beli started to coach this team , our sb's are tainted. Now I know this is hard to accept. I know that a lot of people do it. But until another team is busted for the same thing , or some type of real proof comes out that this was a leauge wide issue , we are going to be looked at as cheats. Nothing will change that.

Frankly I would be a bit mad with Belichick for not keeping this whole thing under control.This is a big if of course. This whole thing could go away tommorow. But let's face the facts people , we will be called tainted cheats forever if Spectors allegations are proven true.

I would be ashamed. If this was the colts who did this you would all be screaming cheaters at every chance. This is a tough pill to swallow. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time. I love the pat's. Just calling it like it is. All the excuse makers and homer's will freak out over this post. But you all know you are scared as hell for these latest allegations to be proven true. The pats will never live this down.

The only fact here is that you, like so many others making something out of nothing, are creating facts to support your idiotic theory that the Patriots are somehow tainted becuase they taped some signals. You belong in the same group as the senator from PA and other sore loser fans who need an excuse for their teams getting beat by the Patriots for the last 7 years. Do us all a favor and take your smug righteousness and leave. Dump your season tickets while your at it so real fans can have a chance to see the best team of the decade play.

If beli and co where infact taping teams dating all the way back since Beli started to coach this team , our sb's are tainted. Now I know this is hard to accept. I know that a lot of people do it. But until another team is busted for the same thing , or some type of real proof comes out that this was a leauge wide issue , we are going to be looked at as cheats. Nothing will change that.

Frankly I would be a bit mad with Belichick for not keeping this whole thing under control.This is a big if of course. This whole thing could go away tommorow. But let's face the facts people , we will be called tainted cheats forever if Spectors allegations are proven true.

I would be ashamed. If this was the colts who did this you would all be screaming cheaters at every chance. This is a tough pill to swallow. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time. I love the pat's. Just calling it like it is. All the excuse makers and homer's will freak out over this post. But you all know you are scared as hell for these latest allegations to be proven true. The pats will never live this down.

Belichick's the one who gave you those superbowls in the first place, you ungrateful sack of crap.
why is it always that everywhere you go it seems like those most ignorant always have the most opinion on everything??
first find out wtf you're talking about, and until then shut yer yap.
in the meantime, if you don't like what people are saying about you go cry in momma's lap.

First off, ALL TEAMS TAPE GAMES. Read that again. And again. And now AGAIN.

Secondly, the ONLY thing the Pats were guilty of is having a cameraman on the sidelines doing the taping. It was outside the prescribed areas set by the NFL.

Third, Every coach has come out and said that TAPING the games does nothing to help DURING the game. It only helps for future games. Its the equivalent of doing advance scouting.

Fourth, its pure ignorance on your part (surprise surprise) to ignore people like Jimmy Johnson and **** Vermeil who have said it goes on regularly.

Fifth, You don't call it like it is. Just like you didn't with Maroney, originally.

Sorry, I personally don't think the 3 Super Bowls are tainted at all. Virtually every teams do things that violate the rules of the game or outright cheats. I remember Lawrence Taylor saying he used to send hookers to his oponent's rooms the night before the game. That is illegal. Jimmy Johnson talked about how he broke the rules on the Dallas Dynasty. Mike Ditka constantly talks about how George Allen used to illegally videotaped the Cowboys' practices.

I couldn't care less what anyone else feels about the Patriots run. Is it going to hurt me that a bunch of Jets, Dolphins, Colts, or Steelers fans think the Pats' Super Bowls are tainted? Not in the slightest.

Christ can we just move on from this. Belichick went 18-1 without the supposed "advantage" and Goodell said that little to no advantage can be gained from sideline taping, so the results are what they are. But the rules are rules, and Belichick broke them, whether he misinterpreted or not - so we just have to accept the fact that we have a great coach who crossed the line and now we have the most despised team in sports. So I will continue to focus on winning "the next one" and not worry about the last 3.

Besides, I'm more embarrassed about the Super Bowl than Spygate anyway.

Here's the problem.

All of the other teams that have been taping, like the Pats have for the past 8 years, have already "shredded" all available evidence. Thanks to the Pats, this has given all the other 31 teams a chance to "clean up there offices" and because of this, nothing will ever be found on anyone else.

The sad part is that people around the league will only think that it's the Pats doing it and no one else.

I wonder how Mangini feels. I really wonder. BB has given this "coffee fetcher" everything and more to help him launch his NFL coaching career and this guy turned around spit in his face and all but ruined BB and this franchise. I am really curious how Eric feels about the firestorm he has infact started.

Last edited by a moderator:

First off, ALL TEAMS TAPE GAMES. Read that again. And again. And now AGAIN.

Secondly, the ONLY thing the Pats were guilty of is having a cameraman on the sidelines doing the taping. It was outside the prescribed areas set by the NFL.

Third, Every coach has come out and said that TAPING the games does nothing to help DURING the game. It only helps for future games. Its the equivalent of doing advance scouting.

Fourth, its pure ignorance on your part (surprise surprise) to ignore people like Jimmy Johnson and **** Vermeil who have said it goes on regularly.

Fifth, You don't call it like it is. Just like you didn't with Maroney, originally.
Can I second that one...says it all...

You are all missing my point. IN the eyes of the entire world we will be cheats. We can break down the situation with facts.

Sadly the masses and media cannot. I just think it is a shame that all that hard work and winning will be cheapened. The masses will never give us the credit we deserve if Spector has his way.

Get used to the cheaters and tainted comments. They are here forever. That's the truth and you all know it.

Last edited:

You are all missing my point. IN the eyes of the entire world we will be cheats. We can break down the situation with facts.

Sadly the masses and media cannot. I just think it is a shame that all that hard work and winning will be all for not all but pats fan's eyes.

Thatsw the truth and you all know it.

Who cares what other team's fans think? Are you that insecure and shallow? God, get a pair.

all that hard work and accomplishment came from Belichick in the first place, you nit --- see if you can understand that point.
if you need to kiss the rest of the world's ass because you live or die on everyone else's acceptance that's your problem.

You are all missing my point. .

And you're missing the point that sideline taping was not illegal until 2006; and further more, sideline taping just makes the viewing angle nicer; it does not add any content to analyze that couldn't have been acquired from a different viewpoint

Sadly the masses and media cannot. I just think it is a shame that all that hard work and winning will be cheapened. The masses will never give us the credit we deserve if Spector has his way.

Get used to the cheaters and tainted comments. They are here forever. That's the truth and you all know it.

Responding to someone's actual point is never a big concern on this board! It's easier to call people names or use stock answers to sound like a "Good fan"

Dude, in your original post you said our SB's are tainted. Now you're talking about what other teams fans think. Maybe you should take a step back from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

Responding to someone's actual point is never a big concern on this board! It's easier to call people names or use stock answers to sound like a "Good fan"

hater

- Was the information being taped available for viewing by everyone in the stadium?

- Could you have gathered the same information legally by have having people with good eyesight and fast transcription skills on the sidelines?

- Did the Patriots videotape in plain view with the other team knowing they were being taped?

If you answer "yes" to all of these questions, I'm not sure how you can consider any games could be tainted. It is frustrating that Belichick let his feelings toward league restrictions reach the point that a draft pick was lost. This is a media-invented situation (anyone explain how "spying" was involved?) and the media can't sustain this long term without new information being injected. Once Walsh passes from the scene, so will this unfortunate frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News