PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets face the facts (homers not welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lets face the fact's (homers not welcome)

Good for you. Now run back with all the other sheep , bahhhhhh. Its funny how you take a negative opinion on our sports team personal. You almost act like this type of thread should not be alllowed because if people see it they will say something! Some serious insecurity issues there.

You seem to be the one with the insecurity issues. In fact, I find it hilarious that any time someone disagrees with you and thinks your a moron, that you accuse them of having insecurity issues.

Fact stil remains that your an imbecile who, instead of trying to educate the mediots and the ignorant fans, you run right with them spewing the same idiocy they spew.

Danny - I know that you can't be bothered with facts, but I am going to say this again.

First off, ALL TEAMS TAPE GAMES. Read that again. And again. And now AGAIN.

Secondly, the ONLY thing the Pats were guilty of is having a cameraman on the sidelines doing the taping. It was outside the prescribed areas set by the NFL.

Third, Every coach has come out and said that TAPING the games does nothing to help DURING the game. It only helps for future games. Its the equivalent of doing advance scouting.

Fourth, its pure ignorance on your part (surprise surprise) to ignore people like Jimmy Johnson and **** Vermeil who have said it goes on regularly.

If the illegal taping was not of some competitive advantage Bill Belichick would not have been doing it.

Bill should do a Barbara Walters interview and confess the truth of what he was up to. At the end he can look into the camera and cry. The world would forgive him.

The taping was not illegal as it violated NO LAWS. It broke a rule. And the rule it broke was that the Patriots had a Cameraman on the sidelines doing the filming from an UNAPPPROVED LOCATION. There are NO RULES against taping the opposing sidelines, though the mediots would have you believe that is the case.

First off it is not common knowledge that any other team taped signals so that as many of you have put it is speculation. Got any proof besides jimmy johnson saying it? If any other team had done it they would have been busted but they have not. And secondly if taping signals gives you no advantage whatsoever then why do it. I will tell you why because it does give you an advantage no one is going to go through all that for nothing. And if it was no big deal then why the heavy fines and draft pick taken away.

Hey Chucky - YES IT IS common knowledge that other teams taped signals illegally. Jimmy Johnson, Dan Reeves and **** Vermail all said it has gone on regularly in the league. Also, taping signals isn't the issue. Taping them from the sidelines is. That is the ONLY rule the Patriots broke.

Now, as for the whole competitive advantage thing. It offers NOTHING during the game in which the taping occurs. What it does offer is scouting information on the coaches that can be used for future reference.

Also, are you really that stupid to not understand why the heavy fines and the draft pick? Goodell had to show everyone who the new sheriff in town was. He over-reacted, but he also had tons of mediot pressure to do more than just slap the wrist of the Patriots. Also, he felt that his 2006 memo had addressed this.

In all honesty, Goodell has fubared this whole situation up. The fact that he did not smack down the Jets who violated the rule in the SAME GAME that the Patriots got caught in, as well as LAST YEAR, was just one of many mistakes.

In all honesty, Goodell should re-instate the Pats draft pick because he's clearly had no ground for taking that one when there were other teams turned in (Jets) and they got no punishment.

Here is something to think about the no taping memo was sent out before the 2006 season correct? Ok follow me since that memo came out and obviously BB was taping he admitted it. And he would not do anything if he would not gain an advantage right we all agree he is no dummy. Then answer me this have the pats ever had an offseason superstar signing frenzy like 2006 i don't think so. This tells me he knew he couldn't steal signals anymore so he found another way to win by signing all these hired guns. Now im just speculating here but doesn't it seem a little odd that he went all phil jackson like after the no taping memo. I could be wrong but you do the math and take it how you want to.

1+2 DOES NOT EQUAL SIX.

The Pats had a ton of cap space. They did not go on some free agent spending spree like the mediots claimed. They signed Washington, Stallworth, and Adalius Thomas. They did trade for Randy Moss and Wes Welker, but those were just that. TRADES.

Also, you have your frame of reference screwed up. The original memo came out prior to the start of the 2006 season. The "spending spree" as you refer to it didn't occur until the Spring of 2007.

Danny you make some good points. It's a shame innocent fans like you have been used by Belichick, as all these years you thought you were rooting for a superior team, when in fact it was a mirage, a sham, a fairy tale. I can understand the bitterness you must feel -- the anger of being used in a very real sense. I sympathize. But don't take it too hard, you are innocent in all of this. You are the victim, not the criminal.

Best wishes,
Stan

*ROFLMAO*

How can you understand? How can you sympathize? You're not even a pats fan.

Also, there is no mirage or sham. That's only your own stupidity talking.

Sorry, STAN, but Danny isn't a victim. None of the fans are.

People like yourself need to get a clue. Seriously. You have no concept of reality in this case.

You need to get it through your head that the objective fact is, we're screwed. Most fans hate us. A fan of a team we beat is coming after us, continuing the Mahe/McNabb quest for a ring for the losers. He's backed by the cable industry, because he's a soldier in the war against the NFLN, from their point of view.

Now then: tell me how objective that set up is.

In these times, my friend, you better be a homer, to some extent. The people coming after the Pats aren't objective, and they aren't pursuing fairness. When the playing field is defined by fairness, why of course I'll then put my loyalty on the shelf, and listen studiously to the charges against us.

For the time being, however, I take the prosecutor of these charges with a very, very large grain of salt.

PFnV

Great post as always PFnV!

Has danny responded to any of the serious replies to his 'face the facts' thread?

Great post as always PFnV!

Has danny responded to any of the serious replies to his 'face the facts' thread?

No, just his usual "YOU'RE ALL STUPID HOMER SHEEP!" bile.

Remember, we were all morons for not agreeing with him that Maroney was a JAG.:bricks:

He'll come up with something new later. I expect him to jump on the "Brady SUX!!1!" rant with PF1996 sooner or later.

danny88, while I disagree with your premise I know the point you're trying to make.

This isn't a done deal, it's not dead. Otherwise we wouldn't still be hearing about it. Until other coaches and teams have to answer questions regarding their taping policies and it shows up on ESPN or in an article, the Pats will be viewed as the only ones doing it by those who want to see them and BB go down. It doesn't matter if Specter's reasons are specious or that he would have an obvious conflict of interest due to his relationship with Comcast, until that is reported somewhere by someone. The SB victories will be viewed as tainted by the haters until all of this is reported. Until Matt Walsh says what he taped or if the tapes exist, speculation will run rampant as to what the Pats were able to glean from them. Goodell did no one any favors by destroying whatever evidence he had, whether he deemed it an appropriate solution or not. We've been told there was nothing of value on the tapes and that they corroborated what BB told Goodell, but what was actually contained will continue to be a source of speculation and conspiracy mongering. Until these questions are answered and reported, this thing will continue to fester.

It doesn't matter, in the grand scale, that we know many of these things, know that taping is not an uncommon or illegal practice and we have seen facts to the contrary. In the court of public opinion, image does matter. Just ask Clemens. And since no laws have been broken, only rules, public opinion does matter (at least until the Senators decide to use this issue as grounds for removing the NFL's Anti-Trust exemption). Whether or not you take it to heart, or care about it, is another matter. I've just got too many real life and day to day issues to keep my mind occupied.

It's going to be a long haul. This isn't going to go away soon. Heck, Leahy seems to be on board with this investigation now. Just step back, take a breath and settle in. I've been a Pats fan for about 30 years now, I'm not going anywhere.

Last edited:
danny88, while I disagree with your premise I know the point you're trying to make.

The SB victories will be viewed as tainted by the haters until all of this is reported.

This is where I disagree with you. They will be viewed by haters as 'taited" no matter what happens. There could be evidence presented that clearly absolves the Patriots of any wrong doing and the haters and media self promoters will still say the same things.

When "fans", such as danny88, post things like this thread, it just gives the haters more fuel for their hate.

1+2 DOES NOT EQUAL SIX.

The Pats had a ton of cap space. They did not go on some free agent spending spree like the mediots claimed. They signed Washington, Stallworth, and Adalius Thomas. They did trade for Randy Moss and Wes Welker, but those were just that. TRADES.

Also, you have your frame of reference screwed up. The original memo came out prior to the start of the 2006 season. The "spending spree" as you refer to it didn't occur until the Spring of 2007.

It's not that they just had "a ton of cap space", it was $30 million! The team had obvious needs. What were they gonna do with the extra cap money - put it in a money market fund?

Honestly, some of the people that now come on this board are obvious "dark conspiracy" types who have taken it upon themselves to infect this board with their mindless tripe. I seriously urge them to find another outlet for their venting - like one of the many UFO Web sites that dot the Internet landscape.

Better yet, they could start their own board about dastardly Patriot conspiracies! I wonder how many people that would attract? I'd be hoping lots, so they could stay over there, and leave us alone.

Just my 2 cents....

The taping was not illegal as it violated NO LAWS. It broke a rule. And the rule it broke was that the Patriots had a Cameraman on the sidelines doing the filming from an UNAPPPROVED LOCATION. There are NO RULES against taping the opposing sidelines, though the mediots would have you believe that is the case.

Excuse me, weren't you one of the guys foaming at the mouth here after Super Bowl XL? And now you want to play the "legal technicalities" game?
Hmm, interesting to see you when it's your guys on the wrong end of the injustice stick. All I can say is "wow."

It's going to be a long haul. This isn't going to go away soon. Heck, Leahy seems to be on board with this investigation now. Just step back, take a breath and settle in. I've been a Pats fan for about 30 years now, I'm not going anywhere.

For the record, have we actually heard from a member of Leahy's staff that Leahy is on board? Besides which, I wouldn't describe him as "on board" until I read that there are actually going to be hearings and subpoenas. As long as it's just Specter, though, that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back