PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lenon to be cut [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lenon to be cut

This is not a surprise. Lennon seemed to be out of position a lot and missed a lot of tackles. Getting faked out of his jock strap by one of the Giants back up QBs didn't help him either.

Last edited:

This might confirm the 4-3 as our majority alignment this season.

I wouldn't bet on it. If anything, it seems to me that Lenon got cut because he's a 4-3 LB

Last edited:

First Harrison...now Lenon......
and we haven't had a Starr-ing since 1986
and never a Mccartney

.........yes,but the country is being run by Vladimir Lenin.....or I could be wrong.

Elfin, Apparently, we won't always have Paris.

Damn it! I liked that sig line.

Aw shucks, that was one of your best one liners too!

Any chance he stay available for the shadow roster or is he done for good with the Patriots?

Last edited:

With the loss of Mckenzie, Bruschi and Lenon since the start of training camp, ILB is even thinner than we thought it would be. I think it is Mayo, Guyton and AD but we should not be surprised if they bring in another LB.

Last edited:

Wow, pretty surprised. I expect we'll bring in another guy capable of playing ILB.

Wow, pretty surprised. I expect we'll bring in another guy capable of playing ILB.

But who, patsox? WHO? :scared:

Have to admit, there may have been some writing on the wall about the Lenon cut, but I guess I'm a slow reader. I can't imagine this LB depth chart staying unchanged for too long.

Surprised at this one, considering how thin we are a ILB...

I really hope we bring in some more LBs cause are depth there is scary bad.

After KOC this is the biggest suprise to me so far. Paper thin now at ILB

Hold on.

Was that Junior Seau on the other line?

In all seriousness, Lenon never really seemed to catch on so his release is not a surprise to me at all. I think the Patriots really do need to pick up an extra inside linebacker, and here's to Seau -- love those old school players.

This is just to clear some room for the Seward trade, IMO.

Last edited:

I agree. I think that AD at ILB and Ninkovich at OLB is a better combination than Lennon and AD. IMO, Lenon looked real bad Thursday night and him being cut is not at all a surprise. I do expect a significant amount of 4-3 though due to the lack of depth at all LB positions and considering that Burgess hasn't played any OLB.

I think we are as deep as we ever are.
When have we ever really gone 3 deep at ILB with known quantities? Not since Phifer was here as a quasi-ILB.
Thomas-Mayo-Guyton-Woods
we dont need a 3rd ILB unless there is an injury becuz the #2 guy only plays half the time.
Like I said, if injury longterm Thomas slides in, if short term Alexnader plays a handful of snaps.
Outside Burgess may neverplay OLB, but we have TBC and probably Crabel and Ninkovitch. Again, when have we really ever gone deeper than the 3rd guy?
Our depth IMO wont determine 34 or 43, but a rash of injuries could.

So Effin Alexander is our primary backup ILB.

That is nothing short of disgraceful.

On the bright side, Matt Wilhelm was released by Philly, and Adam Seward by Indy. If they can make it from their homes to the airport, then from the airport to Foxborough, then they're automatically better than Effin. Sign 'em up, Bill.

So we cut a Lemon, who cares?

So Effin Alexander is our primary backup ILB.

That is nothing short of disgraceful.

On the bright side, Matt Wilhelm was released by Philly, and Adam Seward by Indy. If they can make it from their homes to the airport, then from the airport to Foxborough, then they're automatically better than Effin. Sign 'em up, Bill.

Alexander looked pretty good the last few times I saw him. Not nearly as bad in coverage as I remembered from the 2006 AFCCG, which makes sense, since he wasn't being asked to cover Dallas Clark (how many LBs can cover Clark?). Besides, if the roster stays as is, then Thomas is probably the #3 ILB, since we have more depth at OLB. I agree that we can still upgrade ILB, but Alexander's not nearly as bad as you seem to think. Of course, since I've disagreed with just about everything that you've ever posted on this forum, I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back