PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the Bears & Fields

yukon cornelius

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

to me this says the staff was the issue, not fields, and they aren't ready to move on yet

others seem to think they are totally cleaning house and moving on from fields

thoughts?

Interesting. Maybe Fields is next. However, it does suggest they might be happy with Fields and just want better coaching around him. If the latter it would mean we are likely in on Drake Maye.

giphy.gif

Some podcast suggested the idea that Chicago might trade down twice i.e.

1 to 2 with Commanders
2 to 3 with Pats

They need OL and WR. Fields can be a good starter if they build to his strengths. Athletic freak, good arm, probably needs simpler reads.

Likely means change of QB, new system, new QB type. If you were sticking with Fields you would not want him to start over again learning a new system, and BTW, pony up a new contract and hope he gets the new system. If they keep Fields and he stinks again, likely, They now are drafting in the middle of the first round and in QB purgatory for years with good players everywhere but QB.

I think all the change likely means new QB also. Sucks, since that really limits NE's options.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
they'd likely go MHJ with the first? or trade back for a haul?
They already have a lot of draft capital from the trade last year. At some point you need players. Think pairing MHJ with DJ Moore might be too good to pass up.

I think all the change likely means new QB also. Sucks, since that really limits NE's options.
Still gives us one of Maye/Daniels. Penix will also definitely be there.

Yeah, the top five can't be decided until Chicago decides on Fields. Will they bet on Caleb or MHJ and Fields?

They already have a lot of draft capital from the trade last year. At some point you need players. Think pairing MHJ with DJ Moore might be too good to pass up.
true, but they can trade down with Wash or Pats and still get Harrison, plus picks.

Last edited:
Its going to be torture to pass on MHJr when the Bears need another WR to pair with DJ Moore who is very good. WR Darnell Mooney is at the end of his rookie contract and has disappeared as of late. I will be surprised if the Bears don't move on from Mooney who would blow up on a team like the Chiefs.

I believe Fields will stay, but Chicago will draft another QB later on in the draft.

Reads to me the Bears are open for business on the 1st overall pick and they're giving Eberflus and Fields on more shot. Can't imagine we'd need to sell the farm to move up two spots and they'd be in position to take Marvin Harrison Jr if they're all in Fields they need to load up.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back