PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting QB scenario this offseason:

At this rate maybe we just draft Young. But seriously, which is more likely: drafting a franchise qb, or winning the Super Bowl?

Figured I'd BUMP this topic up. Now with Fields seeming to figure it out and experts projecting the Bears could end up with the top pick in the draft via their pick or the Panthers would you support a trade for Fields to the Patriots? Please discuss!
I would take Fields over Mac right now, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a big improvement. I do think better coaching resolves some of his issues.

Figured I'd BUMP this topic up. Now with Fields seeming to figure it out and experts projecting the Bears could end up with the top pick in the draft via their pick or the Panthers would you support a trade for Fields to the Patriots? Please discuss!
Or maybe trade up for the #1?

The Bears have their own and the Panthers round 1 pick. Caleb looks to be a generational talent. I'd have no issue with the Pats unloading picks to grab him but that's highly unlikely. All the other QB's in the next draft have question marks. If the Patriots could get Fields on the cheap (3rd-4th rounder) I certainly would prefer him over Mac BUT they would have to invest in some talent around him.

I would never a draft QB under 6’3” in the top 5, let alone #1 overall, unless he has other worldly talent.

Herbert - 6’6”
Lawrence - 6’6”
P. Manning - 6’5”
E. Manning - 6’5”
Roethlisberger - 6’5”
Rivers - 6’5”
Allen - 6’5”
Brady - 6’4”
Burrow - 6’4”
Ryan - 6’4”
Stafford - 6’3”
Mahomes - 6’3”

That’s almost every HoF (or borderline HoF, or ascending star) QB in the last 15 years.

There are outlier guys like Rodgers and Brees (Wilson is okay but very limited) but wtf is the league doing picking 5’10” midgets with the #1 overall pick to play QB? I like Hurts but he’s already regressing despite his stacked supporting cast.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back