Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lavar Arrington Cut By Giants Today - Patriots Fit?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Lavar Arrington with Knee problems most of last year was surprisingly cut today by the G Men.

Maybe we should take a chance of him and see if his knee can hold up.

Definately a good player when healthy and might work in our system...Your thoughts?
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

I question how motivated he is and if that had anything to do with his ouster.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I don't know, is Brian Bosworth available.
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

It was actually his achilles this time around. I think if anything bring him into camp for minimum money if he'll take it and see what happens. That's as much as I'd do.
  5. Krazy Koz

Krazy Koz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was counting the minutes until I saw this thread... I'm actually pretty impressed... it took a couple of hours. But, No. It's very doubtful we see LaVar in a Pats uni.
  6. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Here is a prediction of what you are going to hear on this thread. "He freelances too much." Even though the only evidence that can be documented is from one sports writer. Now the whole media and crew scream that every time the guys name is brought up. I lived near Washington and saw some of his games, and he used to be an impact player. He got the freelance title because of a stupid coach named Spurrier didn't know how to coach a defensive scheme so Lavar did whatever he could to make a tackle. The problem is that he typically over-pursued and typically didn't have a good nose for the play direction. Big difference than freelance.

The problem with Lavar now is that he has become undisciplined (who isn't on the Giants?), he has lost some speed that he used to use to cover his mistakes, he is injury prone, and he still thinks he is God's gift to the NFL.

If he took a vet minimum, came to camp without an attitude, and could demonstrate that he is 100% healthy then sure try him out. He needs to learn how to be a team player in a BB defense. That may present a big challenge.

He would need to become like Rodney or Cory and suck it up and fight for a position.
  7. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

we had tons of threads last year that BB should sign Lavar. No way. His knees are shot, and he has no gap discipline. we went through this last year. :D
  8. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I said it just for you. :D
  9. salty

salty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Should Arrington be considered a has-been or a never-was?
  10. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

The best reason why you wont see Lavar on the Pats.

The Postons are his agents.
  11. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

seeing as how your GM and front office isn't retarded, i'd bet that you don't sign lavar
  12. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is a fair statement that has nothing to do with freelancing. One must understand why he can't show a good gap discipline. It is not entirely his fault. If he could learn how to be a role player that was disciplined in a certain area (like Phifer, Willie, etc) he may become a solid pick up.

It is a risk. I am not sure if it is worth taking or not.
  13. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What/Who is a front office? You use it like you know what it means. I honestly do not know who you are saying is not retarded accept Pioli. Could you please teach me who they are.:confused:
  14. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's tough sarcastically criticizing someone for making a mistake, when you use accept instead of except...:D
  15. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

front office is the gm, scouts , gm's assistants, the talent evaluators.

basically the war room

NE's front office isn't retarded as i've said, so they won't make a retarded move by signing some bum LB who used to have potential, NE isn't a stupid football team.
  16. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

LOL my bad, but I honestly wasn't being sarcastic. I do not understand the term "front office" and want to learn what it is. So many people throw it around, but I don't know who they are or what they do. Do you?
  17. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think I am biased since I went to PSU and Lavar is my absolute favorite player ever, but to be fair the weakside LB does not need nearly the discipline that a an ILB needs. I would like to give him a chance as BB has dealt with "freelance" OLB's before with some pretty good results. Now I am not trying to compare LT to Lavar as that is just absurd, however I wouldn't mind giving him a chance, in Washignton when Lavar was healthy, I think it was honestly only 1 game, he really was impressive to watch.

Last year at this time Lavar was demanding a huge salary, that simply cannot be the case after another failed year. It would not be a huge salary committment so why not, he can't be less disciplined then Banta-Cain.

I also have a # 11 PSU jersey that is just BEGGING to be worn to a Patriots game.
  18. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, I know Pioli. By scouts do you mean that we have actual guys get paid to go and watch tape of FA's on the market. I may be off, but the War Room is a draft day function that targets guys for the draft. Do we have one in the regular season as well? I don't know who assists Pioli or how they do it. Is there a link to where I can learn this? I understand there must be some type of talent evaluators at some level, but who are those guys/gals? Doesn't BB make those types of calls and evaluations? I understand basics of how we scout college, but is it the same for FAs?
  19. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Except for that, though, and the fact that he has a hard time grasping complicated defense responsibilities, he'd be a good signing, wouldn't he?
  20. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Are you saying that BB coached LT and was successful coaching LT even though LT had a freelance problem??? LTs talent level did make him special. You also mention the BB coached "OLB's" that freelanced and has success at doing it. Who else are you suggesting?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.