PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lavar Arrington Cut By Giants Today - Patriots Fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have fogotten to mention this, but,

No.

PFnV

Pass.

And I don't mean Patrick.

not necessarily the logical move for a team that wants to get faster and younger at the position...but, as others have observed, if we can bring him into camp cheap and then see...maybe. but i don't think his ego will take that.

If he wasn't a scrub, the Redskins wouldn't have cut him. If he wasn't a total scrub, the Giants wouldn't have cut him. No thanks, despite the "big name."

Not that I think he is a fit; or that we should chase him; but........

There are plenty of guys who are cut from teams and are not SCRUBS.

You cannot logically justify your argument that he is a SCRUB based on him being cut by 2 other teams.

You can positively state that he DID NOT PERFORM UP TO THE LEVEL OF HIS CONTRACT for 2 different teams. But that is not the same thing as being a scrub. If they overpaid; and he is now willing to take what he is actually worth AND HE IS BETTER THAN THE GUY HE REPLACES ..........

(say that 3rd string Pats LB project who let the INDY TEs and RBs KILL US in the short middle in the AFCC)..........

Then he could be worth a flyer for training camp and make him earn his meal ticket.

But personally I would rather see a 2 or 3 round Draft-Rookie with more upside.

Guys like Vrabel and Colvin and McGinest before them weren't the most physically gifted guys out there, but they used their football intelligence to make plays.

I can't let this one go without comment. McGinnest was a freak physically, he just so happend to be a very smart football player as well. The mold fits for Vrabel though, and Colvin to a lesser extent.

I think I am biased since I went to PSU and Lavar is my absolute favorite player ever, but to be fair the weakside LB does not need nearly the discipline that a an ILB needs. I would like to give him a chance as BB has dealt with "freelance" OLB's before with some pretty good results. Now I am not trying to compare LT to Lavar as that is just absurd, however I wouldn't mind giving him a chance, in Washignton when Lavar was healthy, I think it was honestly only 1 game, he really was impressive to watch.

Last year at this time Lavar was demanding a huge salary, that simply cannot be the case after another failed year. It would not be a huge salary committment so why not, he can't be less disciplined then Banta-Cain.

I also have a # 11 PSU jersey that is just BEGGING to be worn to a Patriots game.

No way this happens, Levar has hit rock bottom. I think TBC is playing at a higher level than Harrington. It is too bad, he was one of the best college LBs in the last 20 years.

If he came to camp at $1M per and had to fight for the 3rd or 4th OLB position I can't see it hurting anything, he is still only 28 and has ideal measurables for the position.

The best reason why you wont see Lavar on the Pats.

The Postons are his agents.

Ditto. If you add up the amount of money the Postons let their clients walk away from Ty Law's insulting offer of $24 million over 4 years and Arrington giving up several million in order to hit free agency.....you'd have some serious money....

lavar is a 4-3 guy. we need speedy lbs that can cover, not slower pass rushing lbs. we got wilfork and seymour for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes