PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft comments on Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking of making a thread about it, but Kraft is perhaps the classiest owner in all of sports. As far as feeling bad for billionaries goes, I feel pretty bad for the guy in this whole fiasco. He's handled it as best as anyone could handle it and has always done nothing but act in a first class manner.

We always talk about being lucky to have Belichick and Brady, but we're equally as lucky to have Kraft.

About as good a job as he could have done under the circumstances.

As Kraft pointed out, the patriots will review their internal processes.

Hernandez seemed to be a good boy around the patriots, but when he wasn't, his actions seemed to do a complete 180.

I take Kraft at his word as being sincere. What an epic tragedy. Condolences to the Lloyd family.

I appreciate that Kraft came out to speak publicly on the topic, despite being advised against it by his lawyers.

I think it's too easy for public figures to hide behind advice of lawyers and "ongoing investigations" so as to say nothing - props to Kraft for coming out with a simple, sympathetic message.

when it comes to d bag journos blaming the ownership and coaches for AH's behaviour. its hard not to feel sorry for Kraft and co.

i mean its almost like some people think Kraft condoned Ah' s lifestlye and choices.

Hernandez seemed to be a good boy around the patriots, but when he wasn't, his actions seemed to do a complete 180.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. People will hide what they don't want others to see. Hernandez had two lives. One he showed to everyone and one he kept in the shadows that only a few people saw. I have lived long enough in this world to know that deceitful people like this exist.

when it comes to d bag journos blaming the ownership and coaches for AH's behaviour. its hard not to feel sorry for Kraft and co.

i mean its almost like some people think Kraft condoned Ah' s lifestlye and choices.

They are all a bunch of idiots. :bricks:

WOW, not sure if anyone has seen the letter Hernandez wrote to the Patriots before the draft but it is literally stomach turning when you think of the situation he is in today. Here's the full text of the letter:

Full text of letter Aaron Hernandez sent New England Patriots before 2010 NFL Draft - Extra Points - Boston.com

Dear Mr. Caserio,

I am writing in regards to some of the feedback I am receiving from my agents, Florida coaches, and other personnel. These sources have indicated that NFL teams have questions about my alleged use of marijuana. I personally answered these questions during the pre-draft process, but understand that NFL teams want to conduct thorough due diligence before making the significant financial investment inherent in a high draft pick. I have no issue with these questions being asked, but thought that it made the most sense to communicate with you directly regarding this issue so you would not have to rely upon second-hand information.

Any information I volunteer to you about my past will be looked at with great skepticism as I am trying to get drafted as high as possible by an NFL team. As such, I thought that the best way to answer your questions and your concerns was to make a very simple proposition. If you draft me as a member of the New England Patriots, I will willfully submit to a bi-weekly drug test throughout my rookie season (8 drug tests during the 2010 regular season). In addition, I will tie any guaranteed portion of my 2010 compensation to these drug tests and reimburse the team a pro-rata amount for any failed drug test. My agents have explained that a direct forfeiture provision in my contract along these lines would violate the CBA rules. However, I have instructed them to be creative in finding a contract structure that would work on in the worst case scenario, I would donate the pro-rata portion of any guaranteed money to the team's choice of charities. My point is simple -- if I fail a drug test, I do not deserve that portion of the money.

I realize that this offer is somewhat unorthodox, but it is also the only way I could think of to let you know how serious I am about reaching my potential in the NFL. My coaches have told you that nobody on our Florida team worked harder than me in terms of workouts, practices or games. You have your own evaluation as to the type of impact I can have on your offense. The only X-factor, according to the reports I have heard, is concerns about my use of recreational drugs. To address that concern, I am literally putting my money where my mouth is and taking the financial risk away from the team and putting it directly on my back where it belongs.

In closing, I ask you to trust me when I say you have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to me and the use of recreational drugs. I have set very high goals for myself in the NFL and am focused 100% on achieving those goals. So, test me all you want during my rookie year ... all of the results will be negative while I am having an overwhelmingly positive impact on the field.

Good luck with your preparations for the NFL Draft and feel free to contact me or my agency (Athletes First/David Dunn) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Aaron Hernandez
University of Florida

We only know what's going on inside the building. We don't put private eyes on people," he said.

LOL, is Bob Kraft responding to that douche, Michael Felger?

LOL, is Bob Kraft responding to that douche, Michael Felger?

LOL, the funny thing is that Felger would be the first mediot to whine and complain if they did spy on their players. :D

His handling this reiterates my belief that Robert Kraft is the best owner in all of sports. Given the circumstance how he handled the entire situation was outstanding.

That's the first I've heard of that letter pre draft by Hernandez, an interesting document to disclose. The more I read about Hernandez the clearer it becomes that is a sociopath.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

WOW, not sure if anyone has seen the letter Hernandez wrote to the Patriots before the draft but it is literally stomach turning when you think of the situation he is in today. Here's the full text of the letter:

Full text of letter Aaron Hernandez sent New England Patriots before 2010 NFL Draft - Extra Points - Boston.com

Dear Mr. Caserio,

I am writing in regards to some of the feedback I am receiving from my agents, Florida coaches, and other personnel. These sources have indicated that NFL teams have questions about my alleged use of marijuana. I personally answered these questions during the pre-draft process, but understand that NFL teams want to conduct thorough due diligence before making the significant financial investment inherent in a high draft pick. I have no issue with these questions being asked, but thought that it made the most sense to communicate with you directly regarding this issue so you would not have to rely upon second-hand information.

Any information I volunteer to you about my past will be looked at with great skepticism as I am trying to get drafted as high as possible by an NFL team. As such, I thought that the best way to answer your questions and your concerns was to make a very simple proposition. If you draft me as a member of the New England Patriots, I will willfully submit to a bi-weekly drug test throughout my rookie season (8 drug tests during the 2010 regular season). In addition, I will tie any guaranteed portion of my 2010 compensation to these drug tests and reimburse the team a pro-rata amount for any failed drug test. My agents have explained that a direct forfeiture provision in my contract along these lines would violate the CBA rules. However, I have instructed them to be creative in finding a contract structure that would work on in the worst case scenario, I would donate the pro-rata portion of any guaranteed money to the team's choice of charities. My point is simple -- if I fail a drug test, I do not deserve that portion of the money.

I realize that this offer is somewhat unorthodox, but it is also the only way I could think of to let you know how serious I am about reaching my potential in the NFL. My coaches have told you that nobody on our Florida team worked harder than me in terms of workouts, practices or games. You have your own evaluation as to the type of impact I can have on your offense. The only X-factor, according to the reports I have heard, is concerns about my use of recreational drugs. To address that concern, I am literally putting my money where my mouth is and taking the financial risk away from the team and putting it directly on my back where it belongs.

In closing, I ask you to trust me when I say you have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to me and the use of recreational drugs. I have set very high goals for myself in the NFL and am focused 100% on achieving those goals. So, test me all you want during my rookie year ... all of the results will be negative while I am having an overwhelmingly positive impact on the field.

Good luck with your preparations for the NFL Draft and feel free to contact me or my agency (Athletes First/David Dunn) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Aaron Hernandez
University of Florida

Read this link;

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Hernandez is without a doubt a sociopath if these allegations are in fact true.

LOL, the funny thing is that Felger would be the first mediot to whine and complain if they did spy on their players. :D

No, no, no. Last week, Felger went on-and-on about how The Patriots should've hired a PI to follow Hernandez around. I'm not joking. This is what Felger criticized NE for not doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST