PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk passes drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.
she's a San Diego troll...SHE posted this "what!?!?! prove it!!!" post in response to Faulk being found clean. Merriman plays for HER team and is a KNOWN steroid drug user and abuser. SHE accused me of using drugs. I pointed out that I DON'T drink, use drugs or anything else and that SHE is the troll on an NEP
board, which suggests she's either lost or high, since by her own admonition.."it's the offseason, Joker!!!"...EXACTLY....so just why is SHE here questioning Patriot fans on a Patriot board about PUBLISHED news?

To me, that's what some drunk with an axe to grind would do. Why Patriot fans have to explain ANYTHING to some other team's fan on a Patriot board mystifies me. So I suspect some mind altering substances are behind her opening blast...and if you read the torrent of hatred and bile that flowed from her keyboard this season, you'd understand why.

SHE posted this "what!?!?! prove it!!!" post in response to Faulk being found clean.

What I actually said was "you've got to be kidding" (and a laughter emoticon) when Faulk stated he had no idea that he had marijuana joints in his possession and on his person. Let's be realistic here. That is very unlikely. I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Secondly, can we say "over-reaction"?

No one accused you of using drugs Joker. A smiley after a sentence means that what is being said is said in fun, and is not meant to be taken seriously. And even if you took my comment seriously about the "blunt" I never said you smoked them. "Go smoke a blunt to relax.." Keven had blunts...it's called ironic humor. But I guess that went sailing over your head because you are so stressed out and agitated.

Relax..yoga, meditation...do something because you will die of a heart attack at this rate.

Last edited:
Base case #1 -- he's only a very occasional smoker, and he was lucky enough to get caught before the first time he was going to smoke in a while rather than after.

Of course, if it had been after, the joints wouldn't have been in his possession any more. :)

Base case #2 -- he never was planning to light up personally.

I've never been a pot smoker myself, and only drink very occasionally, so maybe I don't get it. But it seems to me that he has enough entertainment and relaxation options of low legal and administrative risk that it's not that much of a stretch to believe he was in fact being prudent.

I work in the trucking industry, recently, we went from urine tests to hair tests to improve our driver pool and avoid costly lawsuits if a driver is in an accident.

once we went to the hair testing, lots of folks that were "clean" all of a sudden, didn't have jobs anymore. I work with the "drug testing people" as they are known, and they let it slip to me, that pot, if used once in a while, not habitually, is actually out of your urine in 2 days. Not 30. So if I smoked a joint tonight, I'd pass a urine test monday, taking into account it would be the first joint I smoked in years.

as for how I feel, smacking your wife, that's horrible, stealing a car or kicking an old man in line at the bank, that's horrible...getting caught with a joint at a concert...is just plain stupid...if you're an NFL star that is...if you're joe blow the midget down the street working Wendy's midnight drive through window...smoke em if you got em man. If your a highly paid athlete in public and everyone on the planet has a camera cell phone and you get popped with weed...you're being dumb.

I work in the trucking industry, recently, we went from urine tests to hair tests to improve our driver pool and avoid costly lawsuits if a driver is in an accident.

once we went to the hair testing, lots of folks that were "clean" all of a sudden, didn't have jobs anymore. I work with the "drug testing people" as they are known, and they let it slip to me, that pot, if used once in a while, not habitually, is actually out of your urine in 2 days. Not 30. So if I smoked a joint tonight, I'd pass a urine test monday, taking into account it would be the first joint I smoked in years.

as for how I feel, smacking your wife, that's horrible, stealing a car or kicking an old man in line at the bank, that's horrible...getting caught with a joint at a concert...is just plain stupid...if you're an NFL star that is...if you're joe blow the midget down the street working Wendy's midnight drive through window...smoke em if you got em man. If your a highly paid athlete in public and everyone on the planet has a camera cell phone and you get popped with weed...you're being dumb.

I agree with you. And if a trucker is smoking joints that's really dumb too even if they never drive under the influence, because no one is going to employ someone to drive a truck that uses illegal drugs. That's way too much liability for the employer.

Last edited:
because no one is going to employ someone to drive a truck that uses illegal drugs. That's way too much liability for the employer.

tell that to the manufacturers of amphetamine in its myriad forms that openly lobby big trucking firms to suggest truckers use their products.

Yeah, even if it's the first time you've smoked in a long time, it's still staying in your system for at least a week (and that's lowballing pretty hard). If he smoked with any regularity, it would be detectable by a drug test for several months, most likely.

IMO, he just beat the test. There's no way he would have been carrying four joints around if he didn't smoke, and the standard urine test is far from foolproof. I have a hard time believing that Onterrio Smith is the only football player to own a whizzinator :p

You don't know they gave him a urine test. They might have given him a hair test, which would detect THC for up to 90 days after last usage (or longer).

They might have also done a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GCMS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) that is a much more sensitive urine test.

My guess is with money being no object the Patriots opt for an expensive test, either hair or GCMS. At any rate it is highly unlikely it was a typical immunoassay test which are beatable, but not in such a short time frame.
[/FONT]

because no one is going to employ someone to drive a truck that uses illegal drugs. That's way too much liability for the employer.

tell that to the manufacturers of amphetamine in its myriad forms that openly lobby big trucking firms to suggest truckers use their products.

I'm not sure what your point is. A trucking company is opening itself up to a huge lawsuit if a trucker causes an accident while under the influence and the employer didn't take vigilant precautions to screen out users of illegal drugs. This is why trucking companies are going to hair follicle tests which are more reliable than urine.

Last edited:
Weed stays in the fat cells of your body for an average of 72 days...there's products that claim to clear your system in days but these are hoaxes. Plus there is NO ESCAPE for a Neutron Activation Analysis assay of the hair follicles, which will show ANY drug use going back months and months.

way to throw Kevin under the bus, assuming it's all lies...maybe you should turn in your Pats caps and jerseys and go follow St. Dungy...just don't kill yourselves, OK?

The only problem is that marijuana smoke on your hair follicles isn't proof of anything except that you go to L'il Wayne concerts.

How long does it stay in your system?

A better question is how you're testing.

Urine it leaves pretty quickly.

Hair longer.

Blood the longest.

If you are on the other side of a house when someone is smoking a joint, and that smokes wafts downstairs after a while, it will show up in your blood still many months later.

By the way, I speak from experience: watch out in some states that are testing you for other purposes (life insurance, pregnancy, job, etc.). If they try a blood test, you could easily get bagged for KNOWING people who smoke marijuana. And the worst part of it is that health professionals are obliged to report you to the state in some circumstances!

How long does it stay in your system?

A better question is how you're testing.

Urine it leaves pretty quickly.

Hair longer.

Blood the longest.

If you are on the other side of a house when someone is smoking a joint, and that smokes wafts downstairs after a while, it will show up in your blood still many months later.

By the way, I speak from experience: watch out in some states that are testing you for other purposes (life insurance, pregnancy, job, etc.). If they try a blood test, you could easily get bagged for KNOWING people who smoke marijuana. And the worst part of it is that health professionals are obliged to report you to the state in some circumstances!

You are completely wrong about blood testing for drugs. In fact blood testing is one of the least used methods because of the short amount of detection time. Check link below.....

http://www.workplacedrugtesting.com/drug_testing.htm

In fact, it's extremely difficult to fail a drug test because of second hand pot smoke. Under that scenario you would need to be in a small, enclosed space (car, small closet) inhaling smoke for some time before it would show up. That's why parole officers, corporations, etc. laugh at this defense when a subject has a positive test.

A rule of thumb for an moderate smoker is 30 days using a standard immunoassay urine test. If you have high muscle mass it will likely be shorter. If you are overweight it will be longer as THC molecules adhere to body fat.

Last edited:
You are completely wrong about blood testing for drugs. In fact blood testing is one of the least used methods because of the short amount of detection time. Check link below.....

http://www.workplacedrugtesting.com/drug_testing.htm

In fact, it's extremely difficult to fail a drug test because of second hand pot smoke. Under that scenario you would need to be in a small, enclosed space (car, small closet) inhaling smoke for some time before it would show up. That's why parole officers, corporations, etc. laugh at this defense when a subject has a positive test.

A rule of thumb for an moderate smoker is 30 days using a standard immunoassay urine test. If you have high muscle mass it will likely be shorter. If you are overweight it will be longer as THC molecules adhere to body fat.

That website leaves a lot to be desired.

I'll have to tell my doctor then that he shouldn't have complied with New York State law. Because 2 1/2 months AFTER ingesting second hand smoke from THREE rooms away, my wife tested POSITIVE after a blood test, and it was reconfirmed. We had it explained to us by medical professionals that the blood test is always the most sensitive test for this.

That website by the way refers to DRUGS. Not marijuana in specific. Not many other drugs like THC lodge themselves in your fat cells. As the body metabolizes fat, the THC gets released into the bloodstream continually. Depending on your metabolism, it could leave in 2 weeks or it could leave in 12. If you're pregnant, for instance, and you're packing on extra fat that's needed, good luck having it leave your blood quickly. It won't.

Parole officers, what do they know? I'm telling you right now that the people laughing about second-hand smoke are dead-wrong. We don't smoke regularly, maybe once in a blue moon (once every 5 years tops, on special occasions) and a few years ago my wife was upstairs a few rooms away while the men were downstairs playing cards.

It was also one joint passed between two guys.

2 1/2 months later she tested positive.

I'm not wrong about this. I lived it.

That website leaves a lot to be desired.

I'll have to tell my doctor then that he shouldn't have complied with New York State law. Because 2 1/2 months AFTER ingesting second hand smoke from THREE rooms away, my wife tested POSITIVE after a blood test, and it was reconfirmed. We had it explained to us by medical professionals that the blood test is always the most sensitive test for this.

That website by the way refers to DRUGS. Not marijuana in specific. Not many other drugs like THC lodge themselves in your fat cells. As the body metabolizes fat, the THC gets released into the bloodstream continually. Depending on your metabolism, it could leave in 2 weeks or it could leave in 12. If you're pregnant, for instance, and you're packing on extra fat that's needed, good luck having it leave your blood quickly. It won't.

Parole officers, what do they know? I'm telling you right now that the people laughing about second-hand smoke are dead-wrong. We don't smoke regularly, maybe once in a blue moon (once every 5 years tops, on special occasions) and a few years ago my wife was upstairs a few rooms away while the men were downstairs playing cards.

It was also one joint passed between two guys.

2 1/2 months later she tested positive.

I'm not wrong about this. I lived it.

You can find plenty of other sources that will say blood tests aren't typically used because of the detection time. Google away. The websites might be different, but the science isn't. The fact is, the detection time is shorter in blood for pot, and every other kind of drug.

As to your wife, no offense, but it's more plausible she wasn't being completely truthful about when she last smoked than it is she tested positive 2.5 months later on a blood test from second hand smoke. As to the "medical professionals" who gave you this information, either you misunderstood what they were saying or they are simply uninformed. Your regular doctors office isn't going to be a typical place drug testing is conducted. Drug testing specific labs are a better source of information because they are specifically in that business.

Last edited:
as usual when he was caught it was all over espn and si.com. now this development is nowhere to be found.

The only problem is that marijuana smoke on your hair follicles isn't proof of anything except that you go to L'il Wayne concerts.

uh...heh....it's not ON the hair follicle...it's IN the hair follicle...here's an explanation

Most recently, in a contamination study presented at the Society for Forensic Toxicologists this past
October, Psychemedics’ extensive wash procedures were compared to the short wash results obtained in an
earlier cocaine contamination study and were shown to be effective at distinguishing contaminated hair
from user hair.
Due to the hyper-sensitivity of urine tests, it is well recognized by the scientific community that false
positives due to passive internal exposure to drugs are far more likely for urinalysis than for hair analysis
(e.g., the opiate false positive problem of urinalysis due to poppy seed ingestion). The Department of
Health & Human Services found that over 87% of urine opiate confirmed positives were overturned by
medical review officers because ingestion of poppy seeds as well as some medications could cause urine
opiate cutoff levels to be exceeded. The studies of Dr. Hans Sachs and those of others have shown that
even the massive ingestion of poppy seeds is incapable of producing interpretive false positive hair analysis
results. Additionally, the hair of heroin users contains stable amounts of the heroin metabolite, 6 MAM (an
absolute marker of heroin). Testing for the 6 MAM metabolite in urine is required under the amended
NIDA urine guidelines, (the amended guidelines also increase the cut off levels from 300 ng/mL to 2000
ng/mL). Unfortunately, while 6 MAM is identifiable in hair for months, it has an extremely short half-life
in urine and for all practical purposes will be detectable at best only in persons who use heroin on the day
of their urine test. This makes the confirmation of heroin use extremely problematic for urine testing
creating false negatives.
NIDA scientist, Dr. Cone, experimentally demonstrated that as little as one-hundredth of a line of cocaine
(i.e., 1 or 2 mg) can produce interpretive false positive urinalysis results.3 These small quantities can be
inadvertently ingested by a non-drug user (e.g., a spouse) who may be in the constant presence of a drug
abuser. In contrast to the resistance of hair to drug penetration, the lungs and gastrointestinal tract have
absolutely zero resistance. In actual fact, drugs are transported by active transport mechanisms into the
interior milieu, i.e., by breathing or by active membrane processes. Such active internalization can cause
interpretive false positive urine results by minute amounts of cocaine if the timing of the test is in close
proximity to the passive ingestion.
Unlike hair, there is no method to remove this contamination from urine or to differentiate between active
drug use and unknowing exposure to a drug that may rise above cut off levels, e.g., spiked food or drink.
Unlike urine, hair can be segmented to substantiate or refute these claims. Additionally, a completely new
hair sample can be obtained that will replicate the same time frame of the original sample eliminating
concerns or claims of sample mix-up. New samples replicating the same time frame cannot be obtained
with urine as most drugs are completely flushed from the system in a couple of days.

You can find plenty of other sources that will say blood tests aren't typically used because of the detection time. Google away. The websites might be different, but the science isn't. The fact is, the detection time is shorter in blood for pot, and every other kind of drug.

As to your wife, no offense, but it's more plausible she wasn't being completely truthful about when she last smoked than it is she tested positive 2.5 months later on a blood test from second hand smoke. As to the "medical professionals" who gave you this information, either you misunderstood what they were saying or they are simply uninformed. Your regular doctors office isn't going to be a typical place drug testing is conducted. Drug testing specific labs are a better source of information because they are specifically in that business.

You are completely out of your depth.

I found plenty of websites all over the place that say it can stay in your blood for 1a weeks. http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...od?&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Labs test for drugs. Not doctor's offices. Anyone who has been to a doctor's office can tell you that doctor's DRAW blood and send it to the lab. Sheesh.

And if you had said any of what you said to my face, I would have busted open your skull or died trying. Really. I know for a fact that you don't know what you're talking about. Absolute 100% fact.

Last edited:
Everyone does know that "testing positive" isn't actually a good thing, don't they?

;)

Yeah, even if it's the first time you've smoked in a long time, it's still staying in your system for at least a week (and that's lowballing pretty hard). If he smoked with any regularity, it would be detectable by a drug test for several months, most likely.

IMO, he just beat the test. There's no way he would have been carrying four joints around if he didn't smoke, and the standard urine test is far from foolproof. I have a hard time believing that Onterrio Smith is the only football player to own a whizzinator :p

Yeah, I mean, let's go after a long time Pats hero and try to make him look bad!

Look at me, I'm BradyFTW and I hate all Patriot players!

You are completely out of your depth.

I found plenty of websites all over the place that say it can stay in your blood for 1a weeks. http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...od?&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Labs test for drugs. Not doctor's offices. Anyone who has been to a doctor's office can tell you that doctor's DRAW blood and send it to the lab. Sheesh.

And if you had said any of what you said to my face, I would have busted open your skull or died trying. Really. I know for a fact that you don't know what you'retalking about. Absolute 100% fact.

You would have died trying. Bank on that, chump.

It's your wife's word vs. proven science.

I'm going to go out on a limb and go with the science. Face it, once in a blue moon became twice in a blue moon. Or maybe more....

No wonder your wife got bounced by the test. Neither of you know an f'ng thing about what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Wow, I have never seen marijuana lead to violence before, but it has in this case. Granted it's cyber violence between 2 sober message board posters, but still.

Wow, I have never seen marijuana lead to violence before, but it has in this case. Granted it's cyber violence between 2 sober message board posters, but still.

Who said we're sober?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back