PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

I dont have a big problem with someone smoking a little weed at a show. how many of us on here have gotten stoned at some point? plus, we are not doing a job that takes as much physically out of us as the nfl does, so maybe it helps him relaxe and feel better physically

It also helps reduce his glaucoma symptoms and the side effects from his chemo.

Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

Dude, Kevin Faulk is a freedom fighter. He is the Rosa Parks of tokers.

:rofl::rofl:

I know I shouldnt be laughing, but the Rosa Parks thing was funny, to me anyways;)
So, after skimming 30 pages of crap, I will simply say that this incident doesnt bother me at all. I dont smoke the stuff, and really don't care if someone else does. Faulk is a good guy, who made a mistake. let it go. he's a patriot, and we should show support for him. besides, don't we have bigger things to be concerned about? I don't know about everyone else, but friday cant come fast enough for me. bring on the start of f.a.:D

Re: question about faulk situation

it's a misdemeanor arrest...like drunk driving

he'll have to take drug counseling probably after which the Patriots should be satisfied...or he could be suspended for a game/games if the Patriots have a zero tolerance rule which I don't think they do

yeah, but drunk driving, they ARREST you. the article said specifically, that he was not arrested, just cited. im confused.:bricks:

Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

Yes, a crime.

Maybe we should legalize attempting suicide too.

Marijuana is not victimless. For the end user it's nothing major, but for the huge Pot farms in south america and elsewhere, it is huge and people do die.

You legalize it, it solves most of that (at least as far as the US is concerned).

As far as suicide, if you want to take your own life, who am I or anyone else to say you can't?

My two cents worth from this side of the pond.....what's the big deal? It's actually a very very minor misdemeanour over here to be caught carrying cannabis nowadays, in fact it's almost been legalised such is the feeling towards it.

Sportsmen and women are under huge pressure to produce and perform every time they step out on to the field, and surely they should be allowed to release that pressure and relax?

I don't smoke it myself, never have never will, but I have nothing against it whatsoever.

I'm not sure what Louisiana's pot laws are, but there are states (Calif.) where getting caught with under an ounce is considered a misdemeanor.

Of course if you're driving while intoxicated all bets are off, but simple possession results in a fine, typically around $100.

My two cents worth from this side of the pond.....what's the big deal? It's actually a very very minor misdemeanour over here to be caught carrying cannabis nowadays, in fact it's almost been legalised such is the feeling towards it.

Sportsmen and women are under huge pressure to produce and perform every time they step out on to the field, and surely they should be allowed to release that pressure and relax?

I don't smoke it myself, never have never will, but I have nothing against it whatsoever.

In some states (like California) it's a misdemeanor, but some states have very tough laws that can result in severe penalties if you're caught with a gram. But in general, first time offenders get off with a fine plus court costs.

Marijauana will never be legal in the US. The beer, liquor and tobacco lobbyists in Washington along with their stooges in Congress will ensure the American public will have easy access to alcohol and tobacco for generations to come.

Last edited:

I'm just curious, how many of you who are harping on Lil Wayne could even name one of his songs? I love the old salty white guy contingent on these boards.

I'm just curious, how many of you who are harping on Lil Wayne could even name one of his songs? I love the old salty white guy contingent on these boards.

He was the guy in that movie with Lil Garth, right? I'm hep.

Anyone who supports restrictions on smoking cigarettes has no room to complain.

Not me.

Anyone who supports restrictions on drinking has no room to complain.

Drinking itself, no, what you might do after drinking, yes.

Anyone who supports requiring seat belts has no room to complain.

I think seat belts are wonderful and wouldn't get in a car without wearing it. I do not support them being mandatory. You want to take your life in your own hands, that's your business and not the governments.

Anyone who supports requiring bikers to wear helmets has no room to complain.

See my response to the seat belt law. Yes I ride, yes I wear a helmet, no I don't believe anyone should be able to tell me to wear that helmet.

This list could go on for a long time.

Looks like I get to complain :D

Last edited:
So...

What does everyone think about abortion?

...just kidding, just kidding...

(I think the answer would be obvious though, considering how liberal this board has shown itself to be in this thread...)

I think seat belts are wonderful and wouldn't get in a car without wearing it. I do not support them being mandatory. You want to take your life in your own hands, that's your business and not the governments.

First of all, it's the governments job to protect you, sometimes from yourself.

It's also the government's job to protect others from you. Not wearing a seatbelt can kill other people in your car, even if they're wearing seatbelts.

What was this thread about again?

(I think the answer would be obvious though, considering how liberal this board has shown itself to be in this thread...)

I hate politics and political arguments, and the fact that a moderator is baiting people into it on the football discussion board is pretty shameful.

Last edited:
I hate politics and political arguments, and the fact that a moderator is baiting people into it on the football discussion board is pretty shameful.

A joke. ;)

What was this thread about again?

who knows:D
thats precisely why i started the other thread asking about the difference in arrest vs cited, but i see its been moved to the end of this thread, where it will probably never be seen, or the question answered. :bricks:

I have nothing against pot, I tried it once and didn't like it but I couldn't give a crap less whether someone smokes it or not. Legalize it, whatever, I really don't care.

I will say one thing though, every frequent pot smoker that I have ever met was an absolute friggin idiot. I don't know if the two are related, but when I think pot, one word comes to mind. Loser.

What is your definition of "frequent"? Is it when someone has a few hits while watching Jimmy Kimmel and Conan O'Brien? Or when some joints are shared while watching the football games at a friend's house? I hope that those aren't examples of your definition of "frequent".

What word comes to your mind when you think "alcohol"?

Reading about Faulk reminds me of one of the first scenes of the movie "North Dallas Forty". On the morning after a night game, the WR - played by Nick Nolte - is reliving in his head some of the violent hits he absorbed, as he is dragging himself out of bed and into the bathtub. Once the tub is filled and he had stepped inside it, he takes out a joint, smokes it, and begins to feel better.

I'm not saying that Faulk smokes weed during the season; in fact, I'm sure he doesn't. What I am saying is that after 19 of the most pressure-filled games in NA team sports history, and a month before off-season workouts begin, I see nothing terribly wrong with Kevin going to a concert (Pot-smoking at a concert? Perish the thought.) and sharing some blunts with friends.

This isn't Pacman Jones off to another strip club with his posse and handguns. This is Kevin Faulk, 9-year vet - all with the NEP, and a man of unquestioned toughness, character, leadership, production and politeness. These positive traits are not forsaken simply because one also chooses to partake in the bounties of Mother Nature. I served in the USMC for 8 years (78-86), and those of us who partook wanted to kill Commies and Muslims just as much as our brothers and sisters who didn't partake.

Just as we rallied around BB this season, so now should we rally around Kevin Faulk, who remains a class act, both on and off the field.

First of all, it's the governments job to protect you, sometimes from yourself

Ignore List

Check / Uncheck All
Sorry pats1 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

fix that, you have nothing to say that I care to hear. ever

This conversation got out of hand fast. I'd love to see this thread disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back