PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernicking going down the same path as Tebowing

Not sure why there needs to be a thread putting down Colin and Tim???:confused:

Some of Colin's tattoos are biblical verses. If Colin wants to do what they call kaepernicking or if Tim wants to do Tebowing nothing wrong with that. Neither have criminal records so why criticize them. Why spend time wishing someone to fail?? I hope Colin picks up his game. As I have said before I think Colin has shown to be an average QB this season. However, I will hold off Judgement till the end of the season before I deem him an Average, Good, or a Great QB. Tebow is still working on things and hopefully he improves enough to get back in the league.

These types of threads should be made for players like Aaron Hernandez, Sam Hurd etc..

is this a joke account?

What is he supposed to do, never leave home?

With a Miami Dolphins hat on YES, absolutely he should never ever be seen with another NFL teams hat on at home or outside.:eek:

His choice of head gear shows a lack of dedication, Tom Brady lives, sleeps, eats, breaths the New England Patriots you do not see him wearing other football team hats. Collin spent this offseason training to run faster is his NFL future really as someone who is going to be a burner? I don’t think so; he is not doing what I would expect of an NFL starting QB on or off the field. Look at him in comparison to Russell Wilson, do you see the off field antics by Wilson, I don’t what I do see is an improvement on the field he is on pace for more passing and rushing yards, touchdown, and a higher QB rating this year as well as being a legitimate NFL MVP contender. Collin should be doing the same exact thing.

Manx your one of the brightest guys in here what you’ve written is all correct theoretically but you have to see the bigger issue with Kaepernick, his wearing a Dolphins hat is completely unacceptable. I work for Delta which is a job I am fortunate to have and I know it, I would never show up at a beach wearing a US Airways hat.

Sorry but I just don't have a problem with him being a Dolphins fan. If Brady was photographed wearing a 49ers hat, I wouldn't have a problem with that either (because I know he's a 49er fan). All I care about is what Brady does on the field and if I was a 49ers fan, that's all that I would care about with regards to CK. Yes he's having a down sophomore year but it's not like that's never happened before.

In this new world of awesome running QBs, Peyton is a hobbled old man who isn't a threat running with a noodle arm and is putting up video game numbers. Today's game is just as much a chess match as it is a physical game. And Peyton is the Grandmaster. Brady is the same, it gives me hope that if can protect him long enough, we can contend for a long while.

Before season - ppl on board where talking him up along with a few of the new QBs. I preferred Luck even then.

From reports : he did most of his damage last year on "hunches and athleticism". The report stated that ppl would be surprised how little he knew of the schemes and plays.

If that is the case - it doesn't surprise me he is struggling. The NFL spits out those who don't learn and is full of players who "weren't good enough" but figured it out mentally.

who-cares.jpg

Is it Monday yet?

Not sure why there needs to be a thread putting down Colin and Tim???:confused:

Some of Colin's tattoos are biblical verses. If Colin wants to do what they call kaepernicking or if Tim wants to do Tebowing nothing wrong with that. Neither have criminal records so why criticize them. Why spend time wishing someone to fail?? I hope Colin picks up his game. As I have said before I think Colin has shown to be an average QB this season. However, I will hold off Judgement till the end of the season before I deem him an Average, Good, or a Great QB. Tebow is still working on things and hopefully he improves enough to get back in the league.

These types of threads should be made for players like Aaron Hernandez, Sam Hurd etc..

So, judge not lest we be judged?

So, judge not lest we be judged?

I'm struggling to see what Christian Cat said that was so controversial.

If Colin wants to do what they call kaepernicking or if Tim wants to do Tebowing nothing wrong with that.

Why spend time wishing someone to fail??

However, I will hold off Judgement till the end of the season before I deem him an Average, Good, or a Great QB.

I wish more people thought this way.

Sorry but I just don't have a problem with him being a Dolphins fan. If Brady was photographed wearing a 49ers hat, I wouldn't have a problem with that either (because I know he's a 49er fan). All I care about is what Brady does on the field and if I was a 49ers fan, that's all that I would care about with regards to CK. Yes he's having a down sophomore year but it's not like that's never happened before.

I respect what your position, personally I disagree I think as the quarterback you should embody everything that is the team and represent its brand at all times. It may seem insignificant and we can talk about what he does on the field and all that but at the end of the day football is an entertainment sport these teams rely on seats, advertising and marketing to be profitable if you work for a company you should be promoting that brand, Pepsi employees should be seen drinking Pepsi not Coke, Verizon employees should be using a Verizon phone not AT&T and so on. Collin wearing that hat was selling hats for the competition on and off the field, Jed York signs Collins check not Stephen Ross; I believe in loyalty to those who support you and do right by you, the Dolphins could have drafted Collin in 2011 but they did not so why is he promoting that brand.

What do you do for work would you wear your competitors hat or promote your competitors brand?

I respect what your position, personally I disagree I think as the quarterback you should embody everything that is the team and represent its brand at all times. It may seem insignificant and we can talk about what he does on the field and all that but at the end of the day football is an entertainment sport these teams rely on seats, advertising and marketing to be profitable if you work for a company you should be promoting that brand, Pepsi employees should be seen drinking Pepsi not Coke, Verizon employees should be using a Verizon phone not AT&T and so on. Collin wearing that hat was selling hats for the competition on and off the field, Jed York signs Collins check not Stephen Ross; I believe in loyalty to those who support you and do right by you, the Dolphins could have drafted Collin in 2011 but they did not so why is he promoting that brand.

What do you do for work would you wear your competitors hat or promote your competitors brand?

But that's different to what you were saying. You were saying that his infatuation with the Dolphins was affecting how he was playing. I also don't think this is something that fans should be bothered about. The owners and marketeers sure, but it should be irrelevant to the fan.

I couldn't care less about my employer.

I am not writing off Colin's performance or lack of. I was stating why go on a tirade bashing an NFL player just because they are a confident or trademarked something quickly. There are alot of arrogant players in the NFL. If someone thinks he's not a good football player fine, but no NFL player deserves to be bashed unless they have done something seriously wrong like committed a crime, raped, murdered etc. That doesn't mean that someone can't say oh I think that person is a lousy linebacker, lousy receiver, lousy QB fine. But to take it so far and call the person an idiot and wish harm to that person is just wrong. I have not gave Tebow or Colin a pass based on their faith. I already stated that Colin has been so so as a QB this season. Just like Tebow during pregames this season. I mention the biblical verse tattoos because tattoos were mentioned.

What is my point with the criminal record comment. No NFL player should be bashed to this level unless they have a criminal record or have done something seriously wrong. Aaron Hernandez didn't have a criminal record the first 25 games and during that time he never got most of the flack that Colin gets from some people despite having a clean record. Like I said if you think so and so sucks as a QB, Linebacker, Fullback etc that's fine post it all you want. But to wish harm on that person and calling them an idiot is taking it too far. imo

It is not a tirade about the trademark; it is about a player who was given the opportunity that most can only dream of and his behavior is indicative of lacking appreciation, and lacking loyalty to those who gave him that opportunity. It was 2 weeks until the Super Bowl and if I was in Collin’s shoes I would have made sure my representatives knew that the trademarking was not done until those 2 weeks had passed for the simple reason that in the real world perception often becomes reality. Tebow trademarked his celebration in mid-October it may sound silly but timing is significant in life, Tebow also did what he did to protect from the abuse or misuse of what he deemed a spiritual display, Collin did what he did to profit his brand.

I will actually give Collin credit though maybe he was smart enough to realize his skillset was not going to have a long shelf life in the NFL so he moved quickly to cash in, either way though he clearly is not playing good football and there is a difference between regressing and being down right bad, and there is a difference between not having your best weapons so your stats suffering and being awful, of all NFL players with at least 1 pass attempt Kaepernick currently ranks:

38th in Yards per Game
43th in completion percentage
22nd in touchdowns
25th in QB rating
32nd in First down percentage
23rd in Passing yards

Those stats are a regression those are I don’t belong starting in the NFL, those stats aren’t I am down some of my top targets they’re defensive coordinators figured out how to stop the pistol and now I cannot at a starting caliber level.

I couldn't care less about my employer.

You should look for a new job then because they’re not treating you properly obviously otherwise you would care, and if they made you a top 40 pick in the NFL draft and signed you to a contract for 4 year and you could earn $5.12 million to play a kids game I think you would care about them and want what is best for them.

But that's different to what you were saying. You were saying that his infatuation with the Dolphins was affecting how he was playing. I also don't think this is something that fans should be bothered about. The owners and marketeers sure, but it should be irrelevant to the fan.

No I am saying that is indicative of the problem which is him not prioritizing his career properly. He is the quarterback of the 49ers and to whom much is given much is expected – for me that means 100% consciousness of the brand and the team at all times, the fact is he showed he could care less about the brand with that hat and he showed he valued his own rushing stats when he trained with track stars over a passing coach in the offseason. His selfish, disloyal and unappreciative actions translated into his sucking as a QB.

It is not irrelevant to the fan though, if everyone takes that approach how does a NFL franchise sustain revenue is not guaranteed without merchandise sales and other things there is no team for the fans to root for. That thought that something is just there no matter what and it requires no care or priority does not have longevity.

No I am saying that is indicative of the problem which is him not prioritizing his career properly. He is the quarterback of the 49ers and to whom much is given much is expected – for me that means 100% consciousness of the brand and the team at all times, the fact is he showed he could care less about the brand with that hat and he showed he valued his own rushing stats when he trained with track stars over a passing coach in the offseason. His selfish, disloyal and unappreciative actions translated into his sucking as a QB.

It is not irrelevant to the fan though, if everyone takes that approach how does a NFL franchise sustain revenue is not guaranteed without merchandise sales and other things there is no team for the fans to root for. That thought that something is just there no matter what and it requires no care or priority does not have longevity.

Do you know that he wasn't asked to do this by his team? Or that they disapproved and yet he did it anyway? It seems you are making some assumptions there.

selfish, disloyal and unappreciative

And boy, when you don't like someone you really don't like someone. I don't plan to get on the wrong side of you so...i agree with everything you've just said :)

His choice of head gear shows a lack of dedication, Tom Brady lives, sleeps, eats, breaths the New England Patriots you do not see him wearing other football team hats. Collin spent this offseason training to run faster is his NFL future really as someone who is going to be a burner? I don’t think so; he is not doing what I would expect of an NFL starting QB on or off the field. Look at him in comparison to Russell Wilson, do you see the off field antics by Wilson, I don’t what I do see is an improvement on the field he is on pace for more passing and rushing yards, touchdown, and a higher QB rating this year as well as being a legitimate NFL MVP contender. Collin should be doing the same exact thing.

Manx your one of the brightest guys in here what you’ve written is all correct theoretically but you have to see the bigger issue with Kaepernick, his wearing a Dolphins hat is completely unacceptable. I work for Delta which is a job I am fortunate to have and I know it, I would never show up at a beach wearing a US Airways hat.

Uhh...

Tom-Brady-Giants-Hat1.jpg

Tom-Brady-Yankees-Hat2.jpg

I already know that you're going to point out that these are *baseball* caps and therefore it's different, but it really isn't. It's a complete non-issue in both cases.

If I grew up as a fan of the competitor's brand, and worked for my current company because I was drafted by them, then I probably would.

Re: Re: Kaepernicking going down the same path as Tebowing

Uhh...

Tom-Brady-Giants-Hat1.jpg

Tom-Brady-Yankees-Hat2.jpg

I already know that you're going to point out that these are *baseball* caps and therefore it's different, but it really isn't. It's a complete non-issue in both cases.

Its totally different I'm a pilot I support my company Delta I don't support the bus company just because they're based out of the same town.

I'm struggling to see what Christian Cat said that was so controversial.

I wish more people thought this way.

I couldn't care less what he said. I thought this was a football website.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back