PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My SB Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've kept coming back to that score all week. I feel pretty good about it.
Yeah that score is close to how I see it. Pats scoring TDs falcs kicking fgs. Only reason I'm not posting a score is I believe there will be garbage time w. Atl getting meaningless scores late.

Good information there. Although it's tempting to think Pats will win by a huge margin I'd say we haven't won comfortably ever in superbowl no matter how good our offense was in the regular season. I hate the fact that Pats start slow after a bye week be it regular season or post season. I hope ATL doesn't build up an early lead and we play from behind.
The Pats have played half a dozen Super Bowls with Brady without scoring a point in the 1st quarter. I'm not sure I'm seeing 40+. Would love to be wrong though.

TDs for both Amendola & Marty B in their "hometown"

Also, big day for Blount- 150 rushing yds, 2-3 TDs

The Pats have played half a dozen Super Bowls with Brady without scoring a point in the 1st quarter. I'm not sure I'm seeing 40+. Would love to be wrong though.
They have never faced a defense this bad.

Pats 31-20
Book it

Great opening post. A lot depends on the Patriots getting an early lead and dictating tempo. If they can force the Falcons to keep up, I see hurry up early and time-consuming drives later on featuring the underneath stuff mixed with s steady diet of Blount and Lewis.

I think that James White, Deion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount all make major contributions. Partly because I think Belichick and McDaniels will look to create sustained drives to limit the number of possessions that Ryan, Julio Jones et al can use to score points. And partly because there's just so much that middling Falcons front seven can do to apply pressure and keep an eye on guys coming out of the backfield.

Pats 33 - Falcons 21.

As a lurker I've found AJ grating over the years with the elongated threads of arguing over tiny points for page after page.

But in the runup to this SB he's soothing my concerns on virtually every thread and post by post completely turned around my opinion of him. He's the Apollo Creed of patfans now for me, with every Winner he gets I cheer. Here's hoping he never runs into Ivan Drago

Yeah maybe. My memory of the Panthers is shaky.

I do feel that Brady comes out a little too amped sometimes.
I actually think we have aoproach offense in playoff games and Especially SBs way too tentatively but it's looking like the coaching staff has corrected that

I think they were. The Giants were ranked near the bottom of the league in most defensive categories. They were wretched.
They allowed 17 or less in 9 games and 20 or less in 11.

I think they were. The Giants were ranked near the bottom of the league in most defensive categories. They were wretched.
Rankings were almost identical to Atlanta 2016 but they had one horrendous 3 game stretch and the biggest difference is osi missed half the regular season and played in the SB and they were a totally different defense with him.

Could be, but I think they had a lot of injuries during the regular season. Once they got all those players back, they were rolling.

By the way the falcons are rated just as low across the board defensively lower in some cases.

Yeah maybe. My memory of the Panthers is shaky.

Kris Jenkins, Julius Peppers, Brenston Buckner, and Mike Rucker. They had a historically good defensive line that season. And two Pro Bowl linebackers in Witherspoon and Morgan. The defensive backfield was the only weakness, but Mike Minter was a good player.

The 2011 Giants were the only team comparable to this Falcons team, but Osi played in the playoffs and didn't play for most of the season and it's easy to forget what a dominating player he was for 5 or so years. And that Patriots team wasn't as good as this one.

I can't say for sure because I didn't watch 1 falcons game from start to finish and really never have except when they play the Pats but.. The Falcons D has played better of late according to the stats. Take it for what its worth.

I can't say for sure because I didn't watch 1 falcons game from start to finish and really never have except when they play the Pats but.. The Falcons D has played better of late according to the stats. Take it for what its worth.
Sort of but still not good and the cherry picking you have to do to make the numbers even look mediocre is to make half the games LA SF and a panther team that had quit in their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back