PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My SB Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if this game we will see a lot of Blount. We might just ram it down Atlanta's throat and Blount might end up winning the MVP.
A lot of people (here and on radio) are picking Blount to win MVP. As long as we win, I am ok with anybody for MVP

Would not surprise me in the least.

Tom is poised to have a SB 24 Montana/Broncos type-game.

Hes wont be denied. You can just tell.
I hope you're right. I want Brady to have his best game ever.

I think we can throw all of the stats out of the window though. Lots of things can happen, the Pats have to bring their A game, otherwise, fluky plays, just overall bad play, or my biggest fear, referee interference can hurt the Pats.

They need to play just like they did against the Steelers, though a little tighter in pass defense, in that the Steelers dropped some big passes. The Steelers have a better defense than Atlanta, so the Pats should be able to score on various types of drives, long time consuming drives, short drives hopefully caused by turnovers or good returns. They play like they did against Houston, it'll be a long day, play like they did against the Steelers, they will win.

People don't realize this team is a Brady 4 game suspension and a missed PI call from having an excellent chance at 16-0.....

I'm wondering if this game we will see a lot of Blount. We might just ram it down Atlanta's throat and Blount might end up winning the MVP.

The offensive game plan, at least to start the game, should be a lot like the game plans the Pats threw at Indy in 2013 and 2014. I think we'll see more instances of them lining up an extra OL as a TE and going into a heavy set to ram the ball down their throats until Atlanta stops it. There should be some very nice opportunities in the play action passing game if it's successful.

Vaguely amused by the irony of people who celebrate BB's gameplan against BUF in that superbowl rooting for NE to run the ball a lot on the Falcons.

The offensive game plan, at least to start the game, should be a lot like the game plans the Pats threw at Indy in 2013 and 2014. I think we'll see more instances of them lining up an extra OL as a TE and going into a heavy set to ram the ball down their throats until Atlanta stops it. There should be some very nice opportunities in the play action passing game if it's successful.
In the Seattle playoff game, Rawls was 6-29 on the opening (TD) drive. He ended the game with 11 caries. No clue why they stopped running, he only had 2 carries in the first half after the opening drive.

I'd rather see us come out, spread the field, throw and play fast. They can't stop that, then we can mix in more running.

Vaguely amused by the irony of people who celebrate BB's gameplan against BUF in that superbowl rooting for NE to run the ball a lot on the Falcons.
It's a different scenario. I assume BB's goal in the Buffalo game was to shorten the game in addition to reducing the likelihood of a quick strike because the NYG offense was slightly above average whereas the Bills led the league. This game, both offenses are explosive but it's more of a matchup thing, the Falcons' run defense has been bad and while their pass defense has improved the past 6 or so weeks, the run defense hasn't.

Not saying it a great answer but I see our run game as a matchup advantage whereas that game I think it was more to shorten the game and slow things down.

People don't realize this team is a Brady 4 game suspension and a missed PI call from having an excellent chance at 16-0.....

I bet if Brisket has a healthy thumb they score 17 vs Sexy Rexy's crap D they win.

It's a different scenario. I assume BB's goal in the Buffalo game was to shorten the game in addition to reducing the likelihood of a quick strike because the NYG offense was slightly above average whereas the Bills led the league. This game, both offenses are explosive but it's more of a matchup thing, the Falcons' run defense has been bad and while their pass defense has improved the past 6 or so weeks, the run defense hasn't.

Not saying it a great answer but I see our run game as a matchup advantage whereas that game I think it was more to shorten the game and slow things down.
No BBs game plan was to force them to run, to take the ball out of Kelly's hands, but then also frustrate him to throwing anyway and making mistakes. Essentially he played heavy coverage and hoped they would run because that would throw off their offense.

I'm sure Atlanta would love for us to run the ball and take it out of Brady's hands.
That defense is a huge mismatch for Brady to exploit. Our game plan should be for the game to be in his hands.

Listen to the Levonte David (LB for the TB Bucs) on PFT when asked how he would approach playing the falcons. TB beat the Falcons in the season opener (long ago IMO) Go the 2.30 mark on the video. I cannot post a direct link. you will have to scroll down to the webcast.

Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

He makes the following points:
1. The defense should do what it is supposed to do and let the Falcons mess up. As a defense you have take advantage of the opportunities when they come up.
2. Bring pressure up the middle to mess with Ryan's timing.

Patriots fit the first point to a T. What they can do about the second point is some thing we have to wait and see.

I think back to the 2013 Super Bowl when the Seahawks crushed the Broncos and even last year with the Broncos easily beating the Panthers. We have the defense this year to do that to the Falcons high flying offense. Not to mention, our own offense isn't too shabby either. I would love for us to just run it down their throat and control the clock. But if that doesn't work, Brady can easily pick apart their zone.

Blount's a smart MVP pick based on the odds. Currently at like +1800. I also dropped a dollar on Trey Flowers at +15000. Hey, you never know, under-the-radar defensive players do win SB MVPs from time to time - Malcolm Smith, Dexter Jackson, Larry Brown.

Interesting analysis.

On the positive side, the Falcons defense reminds me of the old Colts defense, Freeney and all. Fast and athletic but not very physical, imho. There are a lot of ways to execute against them. I can think of 20-25 plays they just don't defend all that well.

The Chiefs game was interesting to watch. Atlanta dominated, moved the ball, had no turnovers, but couldn't punch it in. The Chiefs took advantage of the few opportunities they got, ran the ball, had turnovers, hung in there and just toughed Atlanta out.

The Pats are one of the more physical teams the Falcons have faced. The Falcons may be the fastest team the Pats have faced. I'm not confident because this game is very hard to predict.

Yep. I'm seeing 5TDs and a FG by NEP O and 2TDs and 3 FGs by ATL.

38-23 NEP.

Blount SB MVP. 24 carries 150yds 3TDs

That is exactly the score I have been thinking of.

That is exactly the score I have been thinking of.

I've kept coming back to that score all week. I feel pretty good about it.

Blount's a smart MVP pick based on the odds. Currently at like +1800. I also dropped a dollar on Trey Flowers at +15000. Hey, you never know, under-the-radar defensive players do win SB MVPs from time to time - Malcolm Smith, Dexter Jackson, Larry Brown.
My dark horse is Van Noy with a pick and fumble recovery, taking one to the house.....

My dark horse is Van Noy with a pick and fumble recovery, taking one to the house.....

I can see it.

The love those slant/underneath routes. Thats his prime pouncing position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back