PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernicking going down the same path as Tebowing

jets-linebacker-bart-scott-patents-famous-cant-wait-rant.jpg

Seems appropriate.

We really need Monday to get here quickly ...
just saying ... some people are getting ornery

char_75152.jpg

Last edited:
I am not looking to debate the issue any further but I thought this article was interesting. Colin is no dummy.

Strange but true tales of Colin Kaepernick. | SportsonEarth.com : Gwen Knapp Article

small excerpt from article:

"Going into his senior year at Pitman, Kaepernick met with counselor Philip Sanchez, who told him that his course load and 4.3 weighted GPA easily met all of the NCAA requirements.’’

"He used athleticism to his benefit in the classroom. Amy Curd, now Pitman’s assistant principal, taught Kaepernick his junior year in Math Analysis, an advanced-placement pre-calculus course that only elite students take. Periodically, Curd would undo the seating chart and tell students they could pick their own spots the next time they came in. Several of them would race to the classroom after the previous bell, and Kaepernick’s long strides would usually carry him exactly where he wanted to be: in the front row, intently focused. “He’d get mad if he didn’t get A’s,’’ his Pitman running back, Anthony Harding, said."

He might not be a dummy, but he spends too much time on Twitter and Instagram chasing tail from any pretty face and using negative tweets from "haters" for motivation.

The guy needs to get his priorities in order and stop worrying about nonsense. He needs to get in the film room and learn a thing or two about what it takes to be a consistently good NFL QB if he ever wants to be mentioned with the elites and greats of the game. The hype has clearly gotten to this kid's head.

He might not be a dummy, but he spends too much time on Twitter and Instagram chasing tail from any pretty face and using negative tweets from "haters" for motivation.

The guy needs to get his priorities in order and stop worrying about nonsense. He needs to get in the film room and learn a thing or two about what it takes to be a consistently good NFL QB if he ever wants to be mentioned with the elites and greats of the game. The hype has clearly gotten to this kid's head.

See Colin needs constructive criticism like you just provided. I think you made some valid points in this post. I just think its absurd to bash someone like Colin because of his tattoos (many of which are bible verses), he trademarked his pose, is overly confident etc. I mean if he wants to trademark a pose he made popular. Than I say more power to him. I wanted to say: Good post. Anyways I am not looking to continue this debate.

I'm just wondering............did The Sanchize ever trademark the buttfumble?

Maybe OT, but it seemed like the right place to ask.

I'm just wondering............did The Sanchize ever trademark the buttfumble?

Maybe OT, but it seemed like the right place to ask.

As far as I know the only athletes that trademarked their Pose are Tim and Colin. Although there have been many athletes to trademark catch phrases. TIM AND COLIN are the only 2 who took it a step further and trademarked a Pose.

Pro-athletes Strike a Pose, then Trademark It | The Official Review

If Sanchez wants to trademark the buttfumble than I say more power to him.

Hernandez DID have a ridiculous pose after a score...just sayin'...for accuracy's sake...

hernandez-makes-it-rain-again.jpg

"make it rain" pose....

Thank God The Prisoner (™) did not adopt Scott Zolak's TD pose. Remember how he'd shoot six-guns with his thumb and forefinger? :eek:

You are missing the point. NO person should be wished harm to them cause they trademarked a pose, or because of the way they dress, or because of their confidence etc. There may be something you do in your own life that some people may find ridiculous or annoying that doesn't mean you deserve harm now does it. I am not going to keep going back a forth agree to disagree.

You are basically saying because Colin does something I find annoying that its okay if someone says to wish harm on him etc.
I think its naive to assume that some people with dislike a guy who calls attention to himself.
You are a Tebow fan because of certain things about him, and those same things cause others to dislike him.
There is nothing inherently wrong with a person if they dislike other people for whatever reason they have.
Somehow part of society has turned a disgust for abhorant behavior toward someone because of what they are rather than who they are into meaning yuo have to like everyone or you are a bad person. Then any negative comment is called 'bashing'.

If we're talking about Kaepernick being overrated, then yes, of course he is. That was easy to see coming a mile away. He took the league by storm last year because he played a half-season of an extremely unconventional style that nobody had seen much of at the pro level. There was no game film on him, so coaches didn't really know what to do. Give them an offseason to review a half-season of game film, though, and they're going to come at him with better strategies. Which they did. It's clear that he's guy who can make any throw, but who also locks on to one or two targets and can be baited into throwing dumb interceptions.

Also, since he's a guy who locks on to one or two targets, you have to mention that Crabtree has been gone all season. That alone is a huge part of the reason why Kaepernick has regressed. Just look at the last four plays of the Super Bowl to see how much he leaned on Crabtree. His other guy is Vernon Davis, and he's been in and out of the lineup with hamstring issues (caused him to leave the Seahawks game, miss the following game, and be limited against the Rams) and the concussion that knocked him out of last week's game.

As we've seen with the Patriots this year, any QB will struggle when you take his top weapons away.

Now, to those who have a problem with Kaepernicking or Tebowing in of itself - do you have a similar problem with the Gronk Spike?

Now, to those who have a problem with Kaepernicking or Tebowing in of itself - do you have a similar problem with the Gronk Spike?

I have no problem with the actual act of Kaepernicking, what I have a problem with is Collin 12 starts into his NFL career taking the time to trademark it in the middle of the 49ers super bowl run, then lose the Super Bowl and spending the offseason parading around south beach in a Miami dolphins hat.

That is not what somebody entering his second season as a start should be doing with his time and it is likely why he has regressed as a player more than any other NFL QB this season.

I have no problem with the actual act of Kaepernicking, what I have a problem with is Collin 12 starts into his NFL career taking the time to trademark it in the middle of the 49ers super bowl run, then lose the Super Bowl and spending the offseason parading around south beach in a Miami dolphins hat.

That is not what somebody entering his second season as a start should be doing with his time and it is likely why he has regressed as a player more than any other NFL QB this season.

I'm guessing he had very little to do with trademarking anything. He has "people" to do that. I don't think that can explain any drop in form. Nor, I suspect, does his choice of head gear.

He lost in his first Super Bowl appearance.... odds are against him being
successful from here on out. He could turn it around and be another
Elway but odds are against it.

Do you seriously think that trademarking that took even one second of Kaepernick's time? He has lawyers for that.

And no, it is not why he regressed this season. Occam's Razor - he regressed because all of his top receivers have been gone or limited, and there is game film on him now for opposing coaches to study.

I dunno why people insist on these convoluted explanations when there are obvious, simple ones staring you right in the face.

I'm guessing he had very little to do with trademarking anything. He has "people" to do that. I don't think that can explain any drop in form. Nor, I suspect, does his choice of head gear.

His choice of head gear shows a lack of dedication, Tom Brady lives, sleeps, eats, breaths the New England Patriots you do not see him wearing other football team hats. Collin spent this offseason training to run faster is his NFL future really as someone who is going to be a burner? I don’t think so; he is not doing what I would expect of an NFL starting QB on or off the field. Look at him in comparison to Russell Wilson, do you see the off field antics by Wilson, I don’t what I do see is an improvement on the field he is on pace for more passing and rushing yards, touchdown, and a higher QB rating this year as well as being a legitimate NFL MVP contender. Collin should be doing the same exact thing.

Manx your one of the brightest guys in here what you’ve written is all correct theoretically but you have to see the bigger issue with Kaepernick, his wearing a Dolphins hat is completely unacceptable. I work for Delta which is a job I am fortunate to have and I know it, I would never show up at a beach wearing a US Airways hat.

What is he supposed to do, never leave home?

Well I hope the next trademark is Dobsoning ...

Dobson catching TD's one handed over his head. :D

Last edited:
Do you seriously think that trademarking that took even one second of Kaepernick's time? He has lawyers for that.

It is not about the amount of time invested into his doing it. Outside of Tebow tell me another QB in NFL history that trademarked their touchdown celebration? This guy has it done 2 weeks before the super bowl less than 16 starts into his NFL career, that doesn’t indicate a me first I am only here for #1 mentality to you?

And no, it is not why he regressed this season. Occam's Razor - he regressed because all of his top receivers have been gone or limited, and there is game film on him now for opposing coaches to study.

Russell Wilson has been without his best receiver all season and lost his second best a few weeks back, he has less talent on his team than Collin does and he is getting by just fine. Excuses are for failures and that’s why I don’t accept them. He also regressed as a runner this season and his offensive line is still very good. On top of that he has been intercepted more times and fumbled more times this season than last, those things aren’t much to do with his receivers being injured.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back