PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My SB Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true re: Osi but they were still lousy.

I remember being amazed that the Pats couldn't or wouldn't run against them since they sucked that bad against the run.

Kris Jenkins, Julius Peppers, Brenston Buckner, and Mike Rucker. They had a historically good defensive line that season. And two Pro Bowl linebackers in Witherspoon and Morgan. The defensive backfield was the only weakness, but Mike Minter was a good player.

The 2011 Giants were the only team comparable to this Falcons team, but Osi played in the playoffs and didn't play for most of the season and it's easy to forget what a dominating player he was for 5 or so years. And that Patriots team wasn't as good as this one.

That defense was much better that the 2016 Falcons. They had front four of Umeniyora, Tuck, Pierre-Paul and Canty, no Falcon is even close to them. LBs were probably the weakest spot, Boley, Blackburn and Kiwanuka, good players but not as good as Beasley. Defensive backfield was also strong once it hit full strength, Webster was almost shutdown corner, Rolle was Pro Bowl safety, Ross, Phillips and Blackmon experienced veterans, Amukamara 1st round pick...

That is true re: Osi but they were still lousy.

I remember being amazed that the Pats couldn't or wouldn't run against them since they sucked that bad against the run.
If you feel that defense was terrible then you have to feel Atlanta is too because their numbers are even a little worse.

That defense was much better that the 2016 Falcons. They had front four of Umeniyora, Tuck, Pierre-Paul and Canty, no Falcon is even close to them. LBs were probably the weakest spot, Boley, Blackburn and Kiwanuka, good players but not as good as Beasley. Defensive backfield was also strong once it hit full strength, Webster was almost shutdown corner, Rolle was Pro Bowl safety, Ross, Phillips and Blackmon experienced veterans, Amukamara 1st round pick...

Agreed, except Beasley isn't really an LB. He's a good LDE imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back