PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels failure to make adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
110% disagree!!!! I don't know about you, but from the draft on, myself and most fans invest a lot of time into the following of this team. From reading updates to watching every quarter of every preseason game ton making sure 4-6 hours every week during the season are set aside without interruption....we as the consumer deserve and frankly demand the best product be on the field ever week. And the way this team was handled this year was a slap in the face to most fans. From the horrible play calling to the surrender of HFA!!!
Just wait a couple more yrs till BB and Brady go. You will feel it more as a slap in the face every week.

Just wait a couple more yrs till BB and Brady go. You will feel it more as a slap in the face every week.

Exactly, all the more reason why not to screw around with the chances we have now.... Happened in 2013 and this year! Laying down at the feet of Miami was an utter embarrassment!!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
Exactly, all the more reason why not to screw around with the chances we have now.... Happened in 2013 and this year! Laying down at the feet of Miami was an utter embarrassment!!
You realize, things don't always work they way we want every year ? It takes a lot of luck with play/injuries to win the whole thing. And sports is about mistakes.Otherwise games will never end :) .
Everyone makes them, pats made their share this yr like last yr and every year. Just got the wrong end of the stick. It isnt easy as pie to win every game like you expect and then call it an embarrassment if they dont. The other teams are also paid to play. Maybe you can find a less embarrassing team .

Brady's and McDaniels' achillies heal has always been inflexible DCs who always play their defenses the same way no matter the opponent who switch things up unexpectedly. It happened when Rex Ryan decided to change from his man coverage, blitz heavy defense that he always runs to a four man rush, zone coverage in the playoffs. It happened a few years back when **** LeBeau switched up his defense unexpectedly. And it happened last week when Wade Phillips did the unexpected and changed his defense.

Brady's and McDaniels' achillies heal has always been inflexible DCs who always play their defenses the same way no matter the opponent who switch things up unexpectedly. It happened when Rex Ryan decided to change from his man coverage, blitz heavy defense that he always runs to a four man rush, zone coverage in the playoffs. It happened a few years back when **** LeBeau switched up his defense unexpectedly. And it happened last week when Wade Phillips did the unexpected and changed his defense.
And if BB is to be believed, they couldnt do everything they wouldve liked to. For one reason or another
Bill Belichick elaborates on fourth-down calls that didn't pan out
On whether using tempo on offense could have helped slow down the pass rush: “Yeah, I think it could have been. I’d say that some of the things we wanted to do, sometimes you’re not able to do them for one reason or another. That’s sometimes the case; there are a variety of reasons and circumstances. I’d say everything that we wanted to do in that game we didn’t feel was totally at our disposal. So we did what we felt we could do and tried to do it the best we could. There might have been other options, but we didn’t, for one reason or another, feel those were good options.”
Even then they moved the ball well in the 4Q. and someof the breakdowns were really olinemen letting guys go untouched. Cant fix that with play calling

Don't call play action on 4 and 1 with one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Genuinely one of the worst plays Josh could have called.
Yes but if you listen to postgame from brady, he said they had planned ona sneak which was covered so went to jules who was being played off 10 yards from him and was tackled by the guy behind him or something. So its possible brady changed the play.

You realize, things don't always work they way we want every year ? It takes a lot of luck with play/injuries to win the whole thing. And sports is about mistakes.Otherwise games will never end :) .
Everyone makes them, pats made their share this yr like last yr and every year. Just got the wrong end of the stick. It isnt easy as pie to win every game like you expect and then call it an embarrassment if they dont. The other teams are also paid to play. Maybe you can find a less embarrassing team .

Nope, this team was embarrassing enough, perhaps you can grab a flashlight and find a clue! From the Denver game on, calling a draw play on every 3 rd and long (over 5 yards) was sickening to watch because EVERYONE on earth knew it was coming!! Why not throw and attempt to get a first down instead of a draw that gets them 3 or 4 yards and a punt anyway!!! Last I checked we had the GOAT..... Who makes bad receivers good..... Make the effort!!!!!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
Nope, this team was embarrassing enough, perhaps you can grab a flashlight and find a clue! From the Denver game on, calling a draw play on every 3 rd and long (over 5 yards) was sickening to watch because EVERYONE on earth knew it was coming!! Why not throw and attempt to get a first down instead of a draw that gets them 3 or 4 yards and a punt anyway!!! Last I checked we had the GOAT..... Who makes bad receivers good..... Make the effort!!!!!
My flashlight finds we should replace JMcD with you. You guys come out of the woodwork after every loss giving all these great ideas. We are done here. Enjoy your misery of the offseason lamenting this embarrassing coaching staff and team

Every 3rd and 5+ was a draw play? Are you trollin or naw?

My flashlight finds we should replace JMcD with you. You guys come out of the woodwork after every loss giving all these great ideas. We are done here. Enjoy your misery of the offseason lamenting this embarrassing coaching staff and team

Yes, smart move on your part to end it here!!!

Every 3rd and 5+ was a draw play? Are you trollin or naw?

I said 3 rd and long and gave a yardage as an example......you know they ran it more often than not If you watched the games!!

I said 3 rd and long and gave a yardage as an example......you know they ran it more often than not If you watched the games!!
You think 3rd and 6 is considered 3rd and long? Wait my bad I meant 3rd and long!!!!

I don't remember any draws. I do remember plays they went for 5 yards on 3rd and very longs. Very few/zero draw or screen plays. When both DEs are literally sprinting up the field every play, that open space behind them would have been ripe for some screens, draws, or traps. But they weren't called. McDaniels' achilles heel is he simply doesn't know what to do, nor has he learned, what to do against a ferocious outside pass rush that tees off every single play and is effective at hitting Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe