PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Leonhard out for jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonhard has my vote for the single least hateable Jet. (And isn't he Woodhead's best bud?)

Glad he won't be on the field this week, but sorry to seem him deal with such a nasty injury.

Leonhard has my vote for the single least hateable Jet. (And isn't he Woodhead's best bud?)

Glad he won't be on the field this week, but sorry to seem him deal with such a nasty injury.

I agree with this.....I HATE to see injury strike any player.....however, seeing him out for this game is OK in my book too.

I do hope it is not too serious though..he is a good player and a good guy.

Cro, and Holmes are now taking reps at punt returns. I would not kick to Holmes.

Neither is an enticing option; however, if conditions are inclement, I think the chances are greater that they muff a high-pressure punt than take one to the house.

Larry Izzo says Hi

Last edited:
Bummer for them. I wondered why he was starting since he never really impressed me but was always making ST plays. I guess that question has been answered by his making the calls on defense. He'll most likely be back next year but, will have to spend this Monday crawling out of his skin as he watches the middle of the field used as Brady's canvass.

That's bad news for the Jets defense. Leonard seems like a very likable guy. Good luck to him in his recovery.

Jim Leonhard is another in a long line of "mighty mites" ala Welker, Woodhead, Chrebet, Troy Brown. He started with Buffalo and was outstanding up there, particularly on special teams and when he was asked to fill in at safety for them. Buffalo was stupid and let him walk. I wanted the Pats to pick him up, but he signed with Baltimore instead and immediately became one of Rex's darlings. Leonhard followed Rex to the NYJets and has forced his way into a starting safety position.

Unfortunately, it just came across twitter that the break is bad enough that Leonhard is going to have surgery tonight to repair his tibia. He's done for the season.

wow ... terrible for him and brutal timing for the jets. Having cro and holmes punt returning will be interesting.

Heh. Sounds like we need a special play called for Gronk here. Agreed? :)

Yeah, I was just going to say the Pats should put a couple of tight ends on that prick...wait, that didn't sound right.
Ummm...how about we send Gronk AND The Crumpler to learn this guy a thing or two.:D

Great.. Here comes the "Jets have been battled by a loss of players this year"

Lets see who the patriots have lost...

Moss
Maroney
Warren
Faulk
Bodden
Neal
Mankins(most of year)
Taylor
Ghostowski

wow ... terrible for him and brutal timing for the jets. Having cro and holmes punt returning will be interesting.

Holmes was a scary good on punt returns when he was with the Steelers his rookie year. However, he hasn't returned any punts since 2007... It will be interesting to see how much of Leonhard's success was him and how much of it was the Jets squad.

Meh, we have to be able to beat the Jets with or without that guy.
Leonhards injury does not mean the Jets are going to forfeit the game.
I'm pretty sure they're going to show up in Foxboro come Monday night.
The Pats will prevail in a hard fought contest...I hope.
And good luck to Jim Leonhard in healing his injury.
Seems like a good guy to me. Never heard of him talking any trash.

jim leonhard calls the plays for the jets on defense. he is basically jets' Mayo/bruschi. that's a huge loss for them.

Last edited:
huge loss for the Jets ! Good news for the Pats !

I never wish injury on anyone. That being said, anything that makes the Green Beans weaker is just dandy with moi.

Holmes was a scary good on punt returns when he was with the Steelers his rookie year. However, he hasn't returned any punts since 2007... It will be interesting to see how much of Leonhard's success was him and how much of it was the Jets squad.

I was reading up on this at jetsinsider, they are expecting cotchery to punt return, fresh off injury. :confused:

Geez, that's quite a blow to their defense.

Cro, and Holmes are now taking reps at punt returns. I would not kick to Holmes.

Why? The Pats punted his way when he returned punts for the Squeelers (his former team that used to get thier asses kicked by the Pats year in year out).

Why stop now? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft