PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Bill wanted to trade Mac before season

It might just be me, but when I look at Kraft, Thunder is not the nickname that comes to mind.
That may go back to his days as a Scatback at Columbia University.

I remember Florio reporting this

no kidding. see. I didn't know he played football. Thunder it is, I guess.
Haha, he didn't.

That's an old joke. 20 years ago Kraft wrote that he played scatback at Columbia, but when the local media did some searching, they discovered it was all a lie. It may have been intramural or flag football.

Mayfield would have fared no better with this putrid offense. He wouldn't be throwing to Evans.
You really believe that?

It never ceases to amaze me that people here don't see how bad Mac Jones is. Even Zappe fared better. Mac is one of the worst QBs we've ever seen in the NFL.

Baker Mayfield never did anything like this:

You really believe that?

It never ceases to amaze me that people here don't see how bad Mac Jones is. Even Zappe fared better. Mac is one of the worst QBs we've ever seen in the NFL.

Believe me, I'm not defending MAC by any stretch of the imagination. However wherever bakers been he has had guys on the outside to throw too. Outside of Pop who's getting open here? We have 3s and 4s.. complimentary guys not game changers. Like Evans and Godwin..

Believe me, I'm not defending MAC by any stretch of the imagination. However wherever bakers been he has had guys on the outside to throw too. Outside of Pop who's getting open here? We have 3s and 4s.. complimentary guys not game changers. Like Evans and Godwin..
I never said he would be as successful as he was in Tampa.

I said Baker Mayfield would obviously be a better choice for the Patriots.

With no Mac here, he might have come here.

Mayfield had to win that job away from the Bucs 2nd round draft choice last year, who is now his backup.

You really believe that?

zappe didn’t look as shell shocked but he didn’t exactly look too much better

59% completion percentage, 6tds and 9 picks for a qbr of 23.3

Mac

64% 10tds 12 picks and a QBR of 36.5

You really believe that?

I love how it takes the rest of the Patriots offense to even respond and make the tackle, because they couldn't believe what happened.

zappe didn’t look as shell shocked but he didn’t exactly look too much better

59% completion percentage, 6tds and 9 picks for a qbr of 23.3

Mac

64% 10tds 12 picks and a QBR of 36.5
Yes. Zappe sucks too.

P
I never said he would be as successful as he was in Tampa.

I said Baker Mayfield would obviously be a better choice for the Patriots.

With no Mac here, he might have come here.

Mayfield had to win that job away from the Bucs 2nd round draft choice last year, who is now his backup.
Possibly, but we were stuck with the Bailey Jones QB connection. The offense was just dysfunctional. Bailey showed some signs (Pittsburgh) in 1st half of what a functional offense could be at times.

Mayfield is a better QB but he's a tier 2 QB in the NFL. Having adequate QB play and some weapons to go along with it will help any offense.

P
Possibly, but we were stuck with the Bailey Jones QB connection. The offense was just dysfunctional. Bailey showed some signs (Pittsburgh) in 1st half of what a functional offense could be at times.

Mayfield is a better QB but he's a tier 2 QB in the NFL. Having adequate QB play and some weapons to go along with it will help any offense.
I would take a tier 2 who has won multiple playoff games in the NFL over the tier 78 we have here now.

I would take a tier 2 who has won multiple playoff games in the NFL over the tier 78 we have here now.
Absolutely correct, so would I. I'd take a tier 3 even.. people have to remember.. say we had 24 TDs and say 9 INTS from the position. With this defense we are likely a playoff team..

Absolutely correct, so would I. I'd take a tier 3 even.. people have to remember.. say we had 24 TDs and say 9 INTS from the position. With this defense we are likely a playoff team..

I feel like mayfield with this roster maybe is a 19TD-15Picks vs. the 28-10 he put up in tampa.

still probably enough to be in the wild card hunt.

I feel like mayfield with this roster maybe is a 19TD-15Picks vs. the 28-10 he put up in tampa.

still probably enough to be in the wild card hunt.
Agreed with that. Now there would probably include having a healthy KB? When he went down that really hampered this offense. At least we could at least move the ball with KB and pop....

Haha, he didn't.

That's an old joke. 20 years ago Kraft wrote that he played scatback at Columbia, but when the local media did some searching, they discovered it was all a lie. It may have been intramural or flag football.
Touche! (haha!)

You really believe that?

I think the bolded part is a little extreme. You can't look at his first NFL season and then say he's one of the worst ever. Way worse names far lower down the list have come through this league who never had any great moments and were just horrific. Mac at least had some good moments in his rookie year and even last season at times, but just happened to fall off a cliff in spectacular fashion this year.

So really bad? Yes. Worst ever? He's not on that list ... yet.

I think the bolded part is a little extreme. You can't look at his first NFL season and then say he's one of the worst ever. Way worse names far lower down the list have come through this league who never had any great moments and were just horrific. Mac at least had some good moments in his rookie year and even last season at times, but just happened to fall off a cliff in spectacular fashion this year.

So really bad? Yes. Worst ever? He's not on that list ... yet.

The past two years, especially this past year, you can definitely argue it was one of the worst ever QB play we've ever seen in history of the game. That's not hyperbole. It was that bad.

The past two years, especially this past year, you can definitely argue it was one of the worst ever QB play we've ever seen in history of the game. That's not hyperbole. It was that bad.
There were plenty of Marc Wilson moments this year, to be sure. In 2023, I didn't think that was possible.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back