PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Leonhard out for jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Leonhard as a world beater at safety but I do see him as a leader on that defense and the guy who calls the signals is just hard to replace. That will take some getting used to for the Jesters.

And he's a good punt returner.

And losing someone like him give the Jets a built in excuse (that they wont verbalize but might think in the back of their minds).

All in all, a tough break for the Jets and an aid to the Pats winning on Sunday.

Not the end of the world, but football people have pointed out that it is a big thing when the signal caller for your secondary is taken out of the equation 3 days before a game and AFTER a gameplan has been installed. The timing of it makes it more of a factor.

Not the end of the world, but not insignificant either. The Ty Warren pre-season IR analogy is an epic fail.

Epic Fail: The highest form of fail known to man. Reaching this level of fail means only one thing: You must die, or the world will fail itself due to such an extreme level of failage. :D

At this point it's neck and neck as to what's the biggest over reaction. This entire thread or the use of the word epic.

I thought this was an interesting bit from Greg Bedard's Q&A today:

QUESTION: How big of a deal will Leonhard being out really be? Is he more important to their D than Merriweather or Chung is to ours?
12:59

BEDARD: I really wouldn't even put Meriweather and Chung in the same sentence as Jim Leonhard. When he's healthy, he's far superior to them.

Q&A: Bedard on Patriots-Jets - Extra Points - Boston.com

I thought this was an interesting bit from Greg Bedard's Q&A today:

QUESTION: How big of a deal will Leonhard being out really be? Is he more important to their D than Merriweather or Chung is to ours?
12:59

BEDARD: I really wouldn't even put Meriweather and Chung in the same sentence as Jim Leonhard. When he's healthy, he's far superior to them.

Q&A: Bedard on Patriots-Jets - Extra Points - Boston.com

This is how I feel about putting Sanchez and Brady in the same sentence. He is far superior to him. Why even compare them in any statistical catagory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back