PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

Discussion appears to be over.

It was over when the Jets decided to let Fitz dangle in free agency for months, while Elway also chose Sanchez over an available Fitz.

It was over when the Jets decided to let Fitz dangle in free agency for months, while Elway also chose Sanchez over an available Fitz.

Fitzpatrick just had a Pro Bowl type of season. The Broncos are ALSO in a cap hell, which is why moron Horseteeth had to not take Fitz, trade for Kap, and settled on god awful Mark Sanchez.

Seriously? I don't know about that.

None of them are great. So there's no easy answer.

Sanchez: Some decent early success, but also had a pretty good team around him. To his credit though, he's the type that raises his game at key points.

Geno: Had a complete opposite situation from Sanchez early. Mark had a very good team around him while Geno had the equivalent to a division 2 college team around him. Not to mention Rex on the way out and Idzik sabotaging the team. It'd be hard to find a worse situation for a young QB who should have been sitting for a year or two.

Fitz: It's simple. 11 years, 6 teams, 0 playoffs. Every single guy he's ever played with loves him. He's a great teammate by all accounts. Yet teams keep letting him go. Why? Because he sucks as a starter. He's a great backup though. He had actually never won more than 6 games in his career before last year. Then when he gets the chance to reach the playoffs he screws the pooch week 17. Marshall and Decker (mainly Marshall) made Fitz's year. If he was smart he would've accepted a 3 year deal @6mil per, but he F-ed himself.

Really hope Macc doesn't cave into Fitz's demands. It'd just get us mediocrity this year, take snaps away from the young guys, waste our veteran players' year and actually hurt us moving forward because to make room for Fitz, we'll have to push cap hits to 2017 and beyond.

Last edited:
Really hope Macc doesn't cave into Fitz's demands. It'd just get us mediocrity this year
Yeah, why settle for mediocrity when you can flat-out suck!

Fitzpatrick just had a Pro Bowl type of season. The Broncos are ALSO in a cap hell, which is why moron Horseteeth had to not take Fitz, trade for Kap, and settled on god awful Mark Sanchez.

He was a decent Fantasy QB last year. But big difference between fantasy/stats and being a good QB.

Flashback Thursday here in the Jets Suck thread....

PRO FOOTBALL
Kotite Fires Himself Before Jets Can Fire Him
By GERALD ESKENAZI
Published: December 21, 1996

None of them are great. So there's no easy answer.

Sanchez: Some decent early success, but also had a pretty good team around him. To his credit though, he's the type that raises his game at key points.

Geno: Had a complete opposite situation from Sanchez early. Mark had a very good team around him while Geno had the equivalent to a division 2 college team around him. Not to mention Rex on the way out and Idzik sabotaging the team. It'd be hard to find a worse situation for a young QB who should have been sitting for a year or two.

Fitz: It's simple. 11 years, 6 teams, 0 playoffs. Every single guy he's ever played with loves him. He's a great teammate by all accounts. Yet teams keep letting him go. Why? Because he sucks as a starter. He's a great backup though. He had actually never won more than 6 games in his career before last year. Then when he gets the chance to reach the playoffs he screws the pooch week 17. Marshall and Decker (mainly Marshall) made Fitz's year. If he was smart he would've accepted a 3 year deal @6mil per, but he F-ed himself.

Really hope Macc doesn't cave into Fitz's demands. It'd just get us mediocrity this year, take snaps away from the young guys, waste our veteran players' year and actually hurt us moving forward because to make room for Fitz, we'll have to push cap hits to 2017 and beyond.
Sanchize was decent early and won playoff games but I'm not sure it was 100% Fitzys fault they blew it week 17

They never pay their own players in-house ahead of schedule, because they are always cheating the teambuild process by knee jerking trendy FAs.

Last year, it was Revis....This year? Forte.

They should have paid Wikerson, not Revis. They should build on the lines and D'bustashaw just finally retired from an overrated career, leading his team and sacks and penalties for years and years.

So, what do they do? They rent an injured, overrated LT in Ryan Clady for a year.

They never really genuinely do what is right to try to get up to NE's level, because they have this arrogance that they are above building a team the right way in the cap era, and that they're closer to competing for a playoff spot than they really are.

Even their 9-7 or 10-6 years come with outright luck with 2 or 3 wins, which puts them into this mirage of a playoff position.

I remember in 2010, they went 11-5 and 3 wins came in OT against bad teams like Cleveland, Houston and Detroit. These were seen by their fans as tremendous victories, where we'd see them as harbingers of a bad team.

That's the difference right there.

Reality vs delusion.

I think it all started the previous season when Indy tanked their game against the Jests to help eliminate their nemesis, the Pittsburgh Steelers, from the playoffs. It worked too, as Indy ended up playing the Jests in the AFCCG for an easy victory. Unfortunately for Indy, PEDton came up with another of his patented pick 6's in crunch time and lost the SB to the Aints.

That AFCCG loss by the Jests was the first of two in a row and became the high point of their NYJFL lives since the 60's. Proving once again what the world outside of Hoboken knows to be the reality. The Jets really do suck.

Aren't all your QBs better in fake life than in real life?

In Fitzy's case it's the opposite. He led the Jests to their 3rd best win total in team history and best in 5 years. He also improved the team by 6 wins from the previous season, but now he's lousy because the Jests can't afford to pay him what he's worth.

In Fitzy's case it's the opposite. He led the Jests to their 3rd best win total in team history and best in 5 years. He also improved the team by 6 wins from the previous season, but now he's lousy because the Jests can't afford to pay him what he's worth.
Don't forget that Gee-No! is better according to Green Beans fans.

Sanchize was decent early and won playoff games but I'm not sure it was 100% Fitzys fault they blew it week 17

100%? Of course not. But take any great or good QB in that situation.

This moment in particular: 4th quarter, down by 2, red zone, 2nd down. Force a pass to a well covered Decker... INT. On second down! Then proceeds to throw two more INTs after that. Choked.
Not to mention doing crap before that for most of the game. Say what you will about Rex, but he is a great defensive coach. He knows how to shut down Fitz's limited ability.
To be fair to Fitz though, there were 21mph winds that day. That's pretty challenging to a guy who throws 25mph.

Would Brady have pulled out that win? Russell Wilson? Sanchez? Hell even Geno? I'd say yes to all of the above.

Fitz is a great guy. Smart (to a point) and can come in when needed with an understanding of the offense. But even with being "Harvard" smart and knowing a playbook, he still lacks the ability to survey the field. One or two reads tops.

He can get some Ws vs lower to midrange teams when needed, but will never get you over the hump. No matter how much talent you surround him with.

(Disclaimer: If the Jets go against my opinion and sign Fitz for stupid money (7mil+), I reserve the right to deny any attachment to these anti-Fitz comments. My account was hacked by either @Joker or @Tunescribe.)

Don't forget that Gee-No! is better according to Green Beans fans.

Again, there seems to be an even divide.

Those that see stats: 31 TDs, 15 INTs, 10 wins and drool.

The others that realize there's much more to things than just numbers.

(Disclaimer: If the Jets go against my opinion and sign Fitz for stupid money (7mil+), I reserve the right to deny any attachment to these anti-Fitz comments. My account was hacked by either @Joker or @Tunescribe.)
WTF? You're saying if proven wrong you deny having made the comments and will blame them on others. You're wasting everyone's time here, foremost your own.

Would Brady have pulled out that win? Russell Wilson? Sanchez? Hell even Geno? I'd say yes to all of the above.

Lol, I was just tossing out names, but Wilson may be a bad example there when talking about 4th quarter performance. Smh, dumbass.

100%? Of course not. But take any great or good QB in that situation.

This moment in particular: 4th quarter, down by 2, red zone, 2nd down. Force a pass to a well covered Decker... INT. On second down! Then proceeds to throw two more INTs after that. Choked.
Not to mention doing crap before that for most of the game. Say what you will about Rex, but he is a great defensive coach. He knows how to shut down Fitz's limited ability.
To be fair to Fitz though, there were 21mph winds that day. That's pretty challenging to a guy who throws 25mph.

Fitz is a great guy. Smart (to a point) and can come in when needed with an understanding of the offense. But even with being "Harvard" smart and knowing a playbook, he still lacks the ability to survey the field. One or two reads tops.

He can get some Ws vs lower to midrange teams when needed, but will never get you over the hump. No matter how much talent you surround him with.

yea good points. I do agree. After watching Fitzy perform for a number of teams over the past decade he does tend to get in these modes where he just loses all discipline. He is the classic streaky QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes