PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well continuing along with my blind optimism...

I do think the Jets have the best "team" in the division.

Pats have the best coach and QB.

As you politely pointed out, the Jets haven't had a home playoff game because of the aforementioned coach and QB. Remove one of them for four games and the equation may change a bit.

Both the Jets and Pats have extremely rough schedules this year, so Ws are at more of a premium than ever.

If we take the safe road and start Fitz, I'd bet on you guys winning the division.

If we gamble and start Geno, I'd bet we win the division.

Jets and Pats will probably split again this year. If Geno can fling it around to beat a couple of the better teams (Seattle, Arizona, Pitt or even Buffalo) Fitz (Captain Mediocre) can't, it's gonna be a fun race for the division.

You honestly believe the rebuilding, cap strapped Jets without a QB and old players everywhere, have the best team in the division?

Good lord.

How can you be taken seriously? I get you need to root for the laundry, but that's just disingenuous.

You honestly believe the rebuilding, cap strapped Jets without a QB and old players everywhere, have the best team in the division?

Good lord.

How can you be taken seriously? I get you need to root for the laundry, but that's just disingenuous.

We shall see.

Just 3.5 months to go. (Tick-tock...)

If we take the safe road and start Fitz, I'd bet on you guys winning the division.

If we gamble and start Geno, I'd bet we win the division.

Jets and Pats will probably split again this year. If Geno can fling it around to beat a couple of the better teams (Seattle, Arizona, Pitt or even Buffalo) Fitz (Captain Mediocre) can't, it's gonna be a fun race for the division.

I'd have thought that you'd have it the opposite way. Fitz just proved that the Jets can have a real offense, whereas Geno is nothing more than a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm shocked to read this statement from a Jets fan, and can only hope that the organization feels the same way as you do.

If I'm a Jets fan, I'm pissed that they won't come up on their offer to Fitzpatrick. He had a good season last year and they'll have even more weapons this year with Devin Smith and Matt Forte.

Good lord.

Besides you really think the Jets are that old?

Secondary:
Revis, yes but has a few good years left.
Skrine, 6th year.
Calvin Pryor, 3rd year.
Marcus Gilchrist, 6th year

LBs:
Harris, old but still a beast.
Mauldin, 2nd year
Lee, rookie.
Jenkins, rookie.

DL:
Wilkerson, 6th year
Sheldon, 4th year
Williams, 2nd year

Defense is pretty damn young no? With some veteran leadership in spots.

QB:
Who the hell knows? Not that QB age means much. (See old man Brady.)

RB:
Forte, old. Will be 30 in Dec but still pretty darn good.
Powell, 6th year.
Khiry Robinson, 4th year.

TE:
Amaro, 2nd year.

WR:
Marshall: 11th season. Old. But damn if he didn't look amazing last year. Type of WR that ages well (size vs speed). At least couple good years left.
Decker, 8th year. Gettin' up there. But again, not a speed guy. Ages well.
Devin Smith, 2nd year.
Enunwa, 4th year
Peake, rookie

OL:
Mangold, old, but c'mon, it's Mangold. 11th year and has a few left.
Winters, 3rd year
Carpenter, 6th year
Giacomini, 9th year, but may be replaced by rookie.
Clady, 9th year

Offense, especially the Oline is a bit older, but nothing crazy.

That is not a "rebuilding" team.

Last edited:
I'd have thought that you'd have it the opposite way. Fitz just proved that the Jets can have a real offense, whereas Geno is nothing more than a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm shocked to read this statement from a Jets fan, and can only hope that the organization feels the same way as you do.

If I'm a Jets fan, I'm pissed that they won't come up on their offer to Fitzpatrick. He had a good season last year and they'll have even more weapons this year with Devin Smith and Matt Forte.

Take a look here. This is a poll I have going on a Jet board. We've been at it for weeks discussing the matter. I'm Mike135 over there.
Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Many Jet fans agree with you. But my opinion in summation, Fitz is a mediocre QB who benefited from a vastly improved team (2014 to 2015) and one hell of an easy schedule. Not to mention good timing vs good teams w/injuries (e.g. the Pats).

11 year career, 6 teams, 0 playoffs. Failed miserably in the 4th quarter of week 17 with the playoffs on the line. No thanks.

Geno won 8 his rookie season with complete **** around him when he shouldn't have been even playing his rookie season, and I'm dying to see what he can do with this team.

If teams have to respect the deep ball with weapons like Marshall/Decker/Forte/Powell/Devin/Amaro... this offense could be legit. With Fitz, defenses can put 8 in the box and/or play tight coverage not worried about beyond 25yds.

Last edited:
uh...look, we go through this crap with you nitwits EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

Get this through your concrete green peabrain container...the Jets SUCK.

Same as it ever was..and ever will be.

uh...look, we go through this crap with you nitwits EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

Get this through your concrete green peabrain container...the Jets SUCK.

Same as it ever was..and ever will be.

Man if you were just around when I was a kid, your insightful input may have steered me in the right direction.

You had better be out spreading the good word. Otherwise you're doing a disservice to humanity.

Besides you really think the Jets are that old?

Secondary:
Revis, yes but has a few good years left.
Skrine, 6th year.
Calvin Pryor, 3rd year.
Marcus Gilchrist, 6th year

LBs:
Harris, old but still a beast.
Mauldin, 2nd year
Lee, rookie.
Jenkins, rookie.

DL:
Wilkerson, 6th year
Sheldon, 4th year
Williams, 2nd year

Defense is pretty damn young no? With some veteran leadership in spots.

QB:
Who the hell knows? Not that QB age means much. (See old man Brady.)

RB:
Forte, old. Will be 30 in Dec but still pretty darn good.
Powell, 6th year.
Khiry Robinson, 4th year.

TE:
Amaro, 2nd year.

WR:
Marshall: 11th season. Old. But damn if he didn't look amazing last year. Type of WR that ages well (size vs speed). At least couple good years left.
Decker, 8th year. Gettin' up there. But again, not a speed guy. Ages well.
Devin Smith, 2nd year.
Enunwa, 4th year
Peake, rookie

OL:
Mangold, old, but c'mon, it's Mangold. 11th year and has a few left.
Winters, 3rd year
Carpenter, 6th year
Giacomini, 9th year, but may be replaced by rookie.
Clady, 9th year

Offense, especially the Oline is a bit older, but nothing crazy.

That is not a "rebuilding" team.

Yeah, I think your best players are over 30:

Fitzpatrick - QB
Revis - CB
Marshall - WR
Mangold - C
Harris _LB

Those are your best players at key positions and they're your oldest players as well.

You have no infusion of youth, no base built yet, and you're rebuilding. You are nowhere near ready to overtake the Patriots in the division.

Maybe in 5 years or so.

Fitzpatrick - QB
Revis - CB
Marshall - WR
Mangold - C
Harris _LB

Those are your best players at key positions and they're your oldest players as well.

You have no infusion of youth, no base built yet, and you're rebuilding. You are nowhere near ready to overtake the Patriots in the division.

Maybe in 5 years or so.

You wouldn't consider the Dline the strong point? Harris n Revis are the vets on D, but Wilk/Sheldon/Williams/Pryor are the young studs. Time will tell on Lee/Mauldin/Jenkins @LB.

They never pay their own players in-house ahead of schedule, because they are always cheating the teambuild process by knee jerking trendy FAs.

Last year, it was Revis....This year? Forte.

They should have paid Wikerson, not Revis. They should build on the lines and D'bustashaw just finally retired from an overrated career, leading his team and sacks and penalties for years and years.

So, what do they do? They rent an injured, overrated LT in Ryan Clady for a year.

They never really genuinely do what is right to try to get up to NE's level, because they have this arrogance that they are above building a team the right way in the cap era, and that they're closer to competing for a playoff spot than they really are.

Even their 9-7 or 10-6 years come with outright luck with 2 or 3 wins, which puts them into this mirage of a playoff position.

I remember in 2010, they went 11-5 and 3 wins came in OT against bad teams like Cleveland, Houston and Detroit. These were seen by their fans as tremendous victories, where we'd see them as harbingers of a bad team.

That's the difference right there.

Reality vs delusion.

Fitzpatrick - QB
Revis - CB
Marshall - WR
Mangold - C
Harris _LB

Maybe in 5 years or so.

And the words "Fitz" and "best" don't belong anywhere near eachother.

You wouldn't consider the Dline the strong point? Harris n Revis are the vets on D, but Wilk/Sheldon/Williams/Pryor are the young studs. Time will tell on Lee/Mauldin/Jenkins @LB.

It is until you deal Wilkerson (or lose him after 2016), which then means Richardson will start to be doubled. Wait until he commands Suh money after this season, too.

Also, whether you want to admit this or not, but Leonard Williams didn't make an impact play all year long being single blocked.

That's not good for a #6 overall pick.

But, your LBs are awful and your Safeties can't cover, which is a huge problem in a passing league.

And the words "Fitz" and "best" don't belong anywhere near eachother.

Well, he's the best thing you've seen since Favre or Pennington. So, yeah, he's the best you have.

When you botch that many draft picks, especially 1st rders, since 2008, this is what you can expect.

Well, he's the best thing you've seen since Favre or Pennington. So, yeah, he's the best you have.

When you botch that many draft picks, especially 1st rders, since 2008, this is what you can expect.

No, he really isn't.

It is until you deal Wilkerson (or lose him after 2016), which then means Richardson will start to be doubled. Wait until he commands Suh money after this season, too.

Also, whether you want to admit this or not, but Leonard Williams didn't make an impact play all year long being single blocked.

That's not good for a #6 overall pick.

But, your LBs are awful and your Safeties can't cover, which is a huge problem in a passing league.

And you're nuts regarding Williams. If you'd like to make valid arguments about Fitz being mediocre, or Clady being an injury risk... that'd make sense.

But knocking Williams who actually didn't even play much splitting time on a talented Dline and still got great reviews on his season is senseless.

The Williams pick allows us to slow-play the Wilkerson deal and potentially even let him walk at some point.

And you're nuts regarding Williams. If you'd like to make valid arguments about Fitz being mediocre, or Clady being an injury risk... that'd make sense.

But knocking Williams who actually didn't even play much splitting time on a talented Dline and still got great reviews on his season is senseless.

The Williams pick allows us to slow-play the Wilkerson deal and potentially even let him walk at some point.

Umm, that's fine except Wikerson was immediately good as a late 1st rd pick and a 3 down player.

Williams was a ghost all year as the #6 overall pick.

So, do the math. Your line becomes weakened, especially when you'll end up without leverage and overpaying Richardson, in effect weakening your cap position even more.

There is no point in pretending here. What they should be doing is trading Richardson to get rid of that headache, but he's untradeable due to being an immature moron.

Also, your D will be weakened by not being able to play a 3-4 as well. Harrison is a much better NT than Steve McLendon.

So, expect more 4-3, which makes your D more predictable. Throw in the idea that Harris is old and slow and that hurts his ability to cover.

This is like Pats fans liking the idea of Mayo needing to cover past age 30 in a 4-3. Not a good recipe.

No, he really isn't.

Umm, who is/was?

It's not Bustchise or Geno Bust.

Leave it to a Jets fan to claim either are better than what Pennington or Favre did in the last 15 years.

Umm, that's fine except Wikerson was immediately good as a late 1st rd pick and a 3 down player.

Williams was a ghost all year as the #6 overall pick.

So, do the math. Your line becomes weakened, especially when you'll end up without leverage and overpaying Richardson, in effect weakening your cap position even more.

There is no point in pretending here. What they should be doing is trading Richardson to get rid of that headache, but he's untradeable due to being an immature moron.

Also, your D will be weakened by not being able to play a 3-4 as well. Harrison is a much better NT than Steve McLendon.

So, expect more 4-3, which makes your D more predictable. Throw in the idea that Harris is old and slow and that hurts his ability to cover.

This is like Pats fans liking the idea of Mayo needing to cover past age 30 in a 4-3. Not a good recipe.

Not gonna lie, losing Snacks is worrisome. Darn good player. But some of that may have been due to playing alongside Wilk and Sheldon. We'll see.

Chances are the run D will suffer a bit, but there's room to regress and still be one of the top run Ds.

Overall I'd like to see Wilk, Sheldon and Williams on the field at the same time as much as possible. It's not like any of them are "small" 4-3 type DEs.

Chances are we're losing Wilk or Sheldon soon. Doesn't make sense to carry 3 DEs who'll demand top dollar. Tough call between the two. I actually prefer Sheldon. Think he has more potential and he's younger. But he's an idiot... so yeah, not sure how that turns out.

Don't think we'll get away from the 3-4 too much. While you raise a good point Harris is slow, you're not mentioning that he's a brawler up front. He can plug gaps on the line. While the young kids @LB Mauldin, Jenkins and Lee (4.47 speed) handle running around covering and blitzing from the edge.

Also I don't know much about McLendon. From what I hear though, it's not like he's a bad player. He sounds like the type of guy we need. Nothing spectacular, but a solid big dude in the middle eating up space.

Last edited:
Umm, who is/was?

It's not Bustchise or Geno Bust.

Leave it to a Jets fan to claim either are better than what Pennington or Favre did in the last 15 years.

Both Sanchez and Geno are better than Fitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes