PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets starting Geno Smith Puts AFCE Basement Up For Grabs.

How many times have the Jets won the SB in the offseason? I'm losing count.

I've lost count myself. Gotta admit I was darn surprised to hear all three of them say this is a SB ready team.

I mean of course I, as a fan, can have blind optimism and feel that way (which I do, short of the QB). But to hear a non Jet fan say it was just weird.

Agreed. Glad to see it's back. Feels like a hole in my soul when the "Jets Suck" thread isn't active.

And to get it started from our end...

slide12-WonderYears-10Facts-04-crush-jpg_013606.jpg

Jet fans... baggin' the hot chicks since the 60's!

Its a pity date.

:p

Decker's comments speak volumes. It implies that as long as TB12 is upright, every team in this division knows in it's soul it's doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of coming out of the AFC East alive.

In other words, the battle is won before it is fought.

Decker's comments speak volumes. It implies that as long as TB12 is upright, every team in this division knows in it's soul it's doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of coming out of the AFC East alive.

In other words, the battle is won before it is fought.

Which is why the NFL* feels the need to cheat since other teams cannot beat the Pats on a level playing field.

The next Superbowl really will need an asterisk attached to it.

Which is why the NFL* feels the need to cheat since other teams cannot beat the Pats on a level playing field.

The next Superbowl really will need an asterisk attached to it.

Slow down. There's no guarantee the Pats are winning it again.

If the Pats are in it, the asterisk will signify that they overcame blatant cheating to get there.

If the Pats are in it, the asterisk will signify that they overcame blatant cheating to get there.

Nicely done. Thought I had ya there.

I almost spit out my coffee the other day when I saw the Jets lone playoff home game was in 2002 and the one before that was in 1987 vs Cleveland in Cleveland (choked away a 20-10 lead with 4 minutes to go) and, the year prior, the Pats beat them in that wild card game at the Meadowlands.

So, it was 16 years in between, and 20 years with the last time they won at home (1981 vs Miami - 2002 vs Gomer and a blasting of him outdoors, 41-0).

So, really, their only time seeing them win a home game in the playoffs in the last 20+ years, was in 2002.

Think about that.

They haven't even hosted a playoff game in almost 15 years. at this point.

The Pats went through a stretch like that in the 1980s, early 90s, so we know how that is, but our owner wasn't colluding with Rozelle trying to find ways to cheat behind the scenese.

The Jets are one of the most pathetic organizations in the history of sports, not just the NFL.

So, in the cap era, in almost 25 years, they have 3 playoff wins, if I am not mistaken, 1 at home.

I almost spit out my coffee the other day when I saw the Jets lone playoff home game was in 2002 and the one before that was in 1987 vs Cleveland in Cleveland (choked away a 20-10 lead with 4 minutes to go) and, the year prior, the Pats beat them in that wild card game at the Meadowlands.

So, it was 16 years in between, and 20 years with the last time they won at home (1981 vs Miami - 2002 vs Gomer and a blasting of him outdoors, 41-0).

So, really, their only time seeing them win a home game in the playoffs in the last 20+ years, was in 2002.

Think about that.

They haven't even hosted a playoff game in almost 15 years. at this point.

The Pats went through a stretch like that in the 1980s, early 90s, so we know how that is, but our owner wasn't colluding with Rozelle trying to find ways to cheat behind the scenese.

The Jets are one of the most pathetic organizations in the history of sports, not just the NFL.

So, in the cap era, in almost 25 years, they have 3 playoff wins, if I am not mistaken, 1 at home.

bgVlV.gif

(Hopefully this doesn't break any board rules. It's just funny as hell and seemed like the appropriate response. Nothing personal Rusty, just jokes.)

bgVlV.gif

(Hopefully this doesn't break any board rules. It's just funny as hell and seemed like the appropriate response. Nothing personal Rusty, just jokes.)

Hey, I know the truth burns. I'd be as angry as you with little else to say, too.

bgVlV.gif

I've been laughing for a solid 10 minutes.

Well done.

Of course not, but I'll take the action on you betting against the Pats in their 6th straight conf title game this year.

If you play the odds, it's unlikely they see 21 players on IR again, 10 of whom key starters or complementary players. For that to happen again or come close, would be incredible.

No other team in the division will win it, and the AFC is weak, save for the AFC N and West. And, it's not like the QBs in the West, minus Rivers, can quite measure up, nor can the coaching staffs.

Anything can certainly happen but if you were betting, you wouldn't be betting against the Pats to be hosting the title game again.

They can't be happy knowing only injuries derailed them in 2013 and 2015.

I've been laughing for a solid 10 minutes.

Well done.

I wish I could train my dog to do that, flip records and go to the fridge. There'd be no real need to get off the couch.

You could fend off door to door salespeople, have a jukebox on vinyl with a steady rotation, and be hammered all the time.

Of course not, but I'll take the action on you betting against the Pats in their 6th straight conf title game this year.

If you play the odds, it's unlikely they see 21 players on IR again, 10 of whom key starters or complementary players. For that to happen again or come close, would be incredible.

No other team in the division will win it, and the AFC is weak, save for the AFC N and West. And, it's not like the QBs in the West, minus Rivers, can quite measure up, nor can the coaching staffs.

Anything can certainly happen but if you were betting, you wouldn't be betting against the Pats to be hosting the title game again.

They can't be happy knowing only injuries derailed them in 2013 and 2015.

Well continuing along with my blind optimism...

I do think the Jets have the best "team" in the division.

Pats have the best coach and QB.

As you politely pointed out, the Jets haven't had a home playoff game because of the aforementioned coach and QB. Remove one of them for four games and the equation may change a bit.

Both the Jets and Pats have extremely rough schedules this year, so Ws are at more of a premium than ever.

If we take the safe road and start Fitz, I'd bet on you guys winning the division.

If we gamble and start Geno, I'd bet we win the division.

Jets and Pats will probably split again this year. If Geno can fling it around to beat a couple of the better teams (Seattle, Arizona, Pitt or even Buffalo) Fitz (Captain Mediocre) can't, it's gonna be a fun race for the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe